Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #41
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Your kids Favorite Christmas Gifts... Any Shockers?

DS was pleased with just about everything. He is a very grateful kid. Although he is in his sleeping bag at the moment watching Rescue Bots and holding his Rescue Bot so I guess those were both hits. He also spent a solid 2-3 hours putting together his Fire Transport Lego set.

DD was feeling pretty sick yesterday so she really only played with everything a little bit but she did take her Rainbow Dash and her comic book to bed with her.

Advertisement

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #42
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ds1(6) is the powerwing scooter he got. Seriously, the thing is awesome an I wish I had an adult sized one. Even my 2 yr old can do the movement to get it moving!
Ds2(2) loves his spiderman footie pjs that have mesh wings between the arm and body.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #43
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

We haven't done Christmas with my in-laws yet, but so far my 13 month old has been stuck to her Rody like her butt is super glued down, and my almost 3 year old hasn't stopped making beautiful music on his new harmonica while riding his new bike around the living room. It's kind of chaotic here.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #44
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The winner so far seems to be his Beyblades battle dome. He played with it ALL day yesterday.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter (11) loves her new American Girl dolls. She was hoping for one but my parents got her one and we bought her one as well...she definitely didn't expect that. The gift that totally shocked her was her first Coach bag with the matching wallet from my parents! The dolls have kept her attention though.

My son (6) is having a ton of fun putting together his new LEGO sets as well as playing on his new 3DS. He seems to prefer the Star Wars and Angry Birds games.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #46
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar
Flashlights lmao
No joke our "in case the power goes out" maglights are some of DDs favorite toys!
We knew she would love the kitchen, but our cousin got her a toy blender with (flexible, safe) blades that actually spin. It was totally the sleeper hit of the season!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #47
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

ods loves is legos, yds loves his matchbox big boots, odd loves her monster high dolls, and ydd loves everything. Mostly she loves what her brothers and sister happen to be playing with at the moment.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought surely he'd like his iPad the best, but as it turns out he's much more excited about the new trampoline and the GeoTrax that we brought out last week (that he's owned several years and was a hand me down from one of DH friends) than anything else.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD (8yo) got an original, hand-me-down DS that she loves. She only plays with it for 10 minutes at a time though. Her new My Little Ponies are what seems to be keeping her attention. I expected her to like them though.

DS1 (5yo) loves his Magnatiles. They were his favorite toy in preschool so it's not a shock. What is surprising the the amount of time he's spent building with them.

DS2 (3yo) loves his Plan Toys pirate ship from my dad. I thought he'd like it but the kid is in love. His favorite toy from DH and me is the magnetic fishing puzzle and DD's ponies.

DH was very happy with his marble cheese slicer. He's wanted one for awhile and I was able to keep it a secret, never been able to do that before.

My most unexpected gift was from DH. He bought me a new microwave, our old one had broken months ago.

Everything was well thought out. And no one bought stuff for the kids that they won't play with.

Read about our homeschool journey here.

Last edited by ~Laura~; 12-26-2012 at 04:35 PM.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #50
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

12 month old DS loved the boxes most, but is also enjoying his dump truck and the Sesame Street blanket his great aunt made him.
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote