Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #21
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 26th - December 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
So, I'm not sure how many of you know, but I got a positive test a few days ago. Total surprise since we were preventing. I have a post in the general family planning forum. But, I thought I would let you ladies here know.
Congrats!

Advertisement

brittrblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #22
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
My main goals this year are financial. Get a car, get our own place, etc...I am going to to try really hard to get some scholarships at GIA. We really need to hit the VA hard about SO's claim. It's been over two years! Blah...2012 kind of sucked. Were just trying to get back on our feet. Looking at all that now seems like a bad time to get pregnant but I feel like life just kind of works out most of the time. I really would like DS to have a sibling close to his age.
This is totally us. We have a ton of stuff to get done and are just trying to get stable. Sometimes I start to fell guilty about wanting another baby when times are ruff, but they always work out. DS 3y and DS 1 1/2 are best friends, its great that they are so close in age!
brittrblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so i have a question about ntnp...do you just not try to time dtd in order to conceive but still want to get pg? like...if you feel yourself ovulating, do you go to extra lengths to dtd or if you miss it, you dont stress since you aren't technically trying?

im trying to be lax about it, but am o'ing right now and hubs isnt feeling into it...and i want to be like...well it's just not meant, but yah. seems like you all still count your dpo and test early...so that just seems like ttc to me?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
so i have a question about ntnp...do you just not try to time dtd in order to conceive but still want to get pg? like...if you feel yourself ovulating, do you go to extra lengths to dtd or if you miss it, you dont stress since you aren't technically trying?

im trying to be lax about it, but am o'ing right now and hubs isnt feeling into it...and i want to be like...well it's just not meant, but yah. seems like you all still count your dpo and test early...so that just seems like ttc to me?
Te basic idea is just living your life and not using birth control whenever you have sex. Take a test every once in a while...Everyone has a different idea of what NTNP means for them though. I am breastfeeding and haven't had PPAF yet, don't temp, etc...but if I noticed fertile CM I'd probably try to fit a BD in.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #25
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar

We just wing it. If sex happens then thats good. I dont temp or check cm/cp regularly. I do check my cervix at the end lf my cycle so I can be ready for AF.

I do mark AF and dtd on my calendar in case i am late. But we no longer time sex, worry about cm or all that. If it happens it happens.

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #26
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the congratulations everyone!
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
We just wing it. If sex happens then thats good. I dont temp or check cm/cp regularly. I do check my cervix at the end lf my cycle so I can be ready for AF.

I do mark AF and dtd on my calendar in case i am late. But we no longer time sex, worry about cm or all that. If it happens it happens.

i guess my point is that you are hoping it happens...
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #28
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
So, I'm not sure how many of you know, but I got a positive test a few days ago. Total surprise since we were preventing. I have a post in the general family planning forum. But, I thought I would let you ladies here know.
Congratulations!! How are you feeling? I hope everything is going well! Let me know when you want me to move you to BFP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_p View Post
I think I ovulated!!! Or... I just had a fluke high temp this morning. It'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to know for sure. If I did, it's perfect. We dtd last night AND two days prior. We never do that. It's going to be a looooong two weeks.... If I ovulated, that is....

My goals/plans for the new year: Make a baby! Get more paying clients in my home gym (I am a trainer). And work on the zillions of projects I have going on around the house.

MrsAsh, test again!!!
Yay for ovulating! Hoping this is the month for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post

It was hard to get a pic of since it's it's still dark, but there is either a faint line or evap. I was starting to *think something was showing up yesterday and then I dropped my IC in the bathtub (full of water) at the four minute mark and it dried with a ghost line that I thought was from the drop in the tub. Today's test is a little more promising and wasn't dropped. Anyway, this pic was at the 5 minute mark. It's still there looking about the same. I'm going to the grocery today, tempting to pick up some other test even though I still have plenty of these.
I think it looks promising Did you test yet this morning? Can't wait to see a picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post

I think that it is different for everyone. For me, I don't like to say that I am TTC because that puts too much pressure on things. It took us almost a year to get pregnant with DD2 and it was hard on me being disappointed each month. Doesn't mean that I don't want to get pregnant, but it just helps me not feel stressed out about everything. Hope that helps! We would love to have you join us if you want too

AFM: So DH gave me his flu and I seriously was sooo sick yesterday. Thank goodness that he was off work and could help me with the kids. Feeling better today, so I am very thankful for that! I am going to be spending the day cooking to get ready for Christmas at my parents house tomorrow. Hope that everyone has a great day!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #29
dani_p
Registered Users

No O for me. Temp went back down this morning. That's what I get for getting excited about one measly high temp. No matter how many times I tell myself to wait for two or three high temps to get excited, I still get super amped when I think I see a spike. I definitely think my body is trying though! Fingers crossed t happens soon.

I agree about the NTNP... Just saying that it doesn't matter helps to take the pressure off. Plus, if we're "not trying" we don't feel the need to share with family/friends (they just add to the stress).
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #30
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

BFN this morning. Nothing to at all. I think I best start preparing myself for AF.