Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #41
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Milo and Otis was my first movie.

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #42
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Movie Recommendations for daughters first

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I am not too picky about movies, but these are banned here. They are mean to each other! Definitely not a fan.

I thought of a couple more my kiddos like--Willy Wonka (the older one, not the Johnny Depp one), and the Barbie Princess and the Pauper (which is surprisingly really cute and well done, which I never would have expected. The rest of the Barbie movies are pretty terrible).
The older Willy Wonka, has them being mean and bratty, but the worst is the boat scene, that freaked me out big time as a kid.

I agree think classic, I think Pollyanna is wonderful, same vein, I loved Thomasina also a classic Disney film. Mary Poppins, the original Absent Minded Professor is great. Though it has some mild racism (a over the top actor playing an Asian man), I love The Ugly Dachshund. Overall I think almost any of the old classic Disney live action films are mostly pretty good outside Old Yeller.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #43
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

As a child, I LOVED "A Little Princess" (Shirley Temple). There was a time where I watched it everyday. Its sad in places, but she finds her father in the end.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #44
littlesaurusrae
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPants

how old where you? that is very funny though sorry to laugh at your nightmares though
It's okay, I can deal with real cats now I was probably seven or eight when I watched it. Ick never again lol
littlesaurusrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #45
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat View Post
The older Willy Wonka, has them being mean and bratty, but the worst is the boat scene, that freaked me out big time as a kid.
After we read the Roald Dahl book, dd begged and begged to see the original Willy Wonka. I was completely worried about the boat scene, which also scared me as a kid. I warned her about it, offered to skip it, etc. As it turned out, she wasn't the slightest bit bothered by it. I can never predict what will or won't scare her. It's been a big leap of faith for me to let her figure out her own comfort zone (within reason, of course).
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love, love, love Finding Nemo. I know he is a character, but Disney has not made a big franchise out of him. I also really just adore the plot -- the importance of family, believing in yourself, building confidence as a kid. Good luck choosing. Lord knows we let our two year old watch TV all the time. Kudos to you for your decision.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 AM   #47
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesaurusrae
Studio ghibli movies: I love ponyo, kikis delivery service, naussica of the valley of the wind, my neighbor totoro, and laputa: castle in the sky. Some of them have adult scenarios but they aren't obvious as a child. Studio ghibli is similar to Disney but is, in my opinion, more imaginative and treats females as main characters and doesn't make them dependent on males. (which I LOVE)
Yes!!!! Ponyo is a favorite around here.

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote