Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

I don't tend to loose any until after 18 months of nursing. I am a "runner" and exercise and eat right. I think my body needs extra sleep and to not be so hormonal to drop the weight. I ended up doing the candida diet after my daughter and I watched a 1/2 lb drop each day.

Advertisement

knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT losing weight while BFing

Just remember that weight gain/loss is very hormonal. The calories in/out theory of weight loss just isn't true. To a certain extent it might work for some people, but pregnant/breastfeeding women are really ruled by hormones. It's entirely possible that for your body, the hormones that are allowing you to produce quality milk for your child are also the ones telling your body to hang onto the pounds that you don't want. Weight loss is also tied very much to stress hormones. So more sleep at night generally means weight loss/stable weight, etc. Less sleep leads to more stress hormones and weight gain. Your body might be seeing the exercise program that you're on as a "stress" and so is not going to let go of the weight because it's not ready yet.
I would love to lose the last 10 pounds, but I'm hanging out at the weight that I'm at. In the past I would have gone crazy trying to lose it, but I'm pretty sure that it will come off without trying too hard when my body is ready to lose it. I'm just focusing on eating as well as possible and making healthy milk for my little guy.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
mamacita
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With all three of mine, I held the weight until they were 18 mo- 2, and then suddenly it all dropped off. It WILL come off eventually.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Mheagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have not had a chance to read everything, but wanted to say THANK YOU! With DD I lost very little weight while BF. with DS I gained 75# OMG! He is 6 mo old next week and I have not lost more than 4#! It is so gusts rating! I hate when people say "it will happen". Oh yea? When!? Please tell me. I also get told, well maybe when you stop BF, nope. I am on a dairy/soy free and peanut free diet for DS issues. Seriously, why not!?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Mheagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Gust rating = frustrating. Darn auto correct.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weight loss after each kid has been a LOT of work. Like working out 5 days a week and mega food watching. It took 8 months after DS, and about 14 months after DD to get back to my prepregnancy weight. DD2 is 3 months and still am hanging onto that 20+ lbs.

I have come to accept that my body still isn't completely my own, and I have to be patient.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Nope. Same here. Try adding cardio ? I did & b4 I got preg again I started after yr of not loosing.....so frustrated as I lost in like no time with first. Kinda makes me wonder on 3rd ti8me around.
30 Day Shred is cardio and strength training. I kind of did the same thing after ODD. But with her, I only had 7lbs that came off right after I stop BFing. This time, it's 19lbs. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
I can't drop weight while nursing either. My baby girl is 18 months and I don't want to wean yet but I also want to actually drop some pounds!
That's my problem. I'm a pretty firm believer in CLW, so I'm trying to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Weight loss is also tied very much to stress hormones. So more sleep at night generally means weight loss/stable weight, etc. Less sleep leads to more stress hormones and weight gain. Your body might be seeing the exercise program that you're on as a "stress" and so is not going to let go of the weight because it's not ready yet.
I'm fairly positive that my lack of sleep is a large part of it.That's one of my new year's resolutions. Reasonable bedtimes. IE: stop staying up until 2 am (as I type this at 1:15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheagan View Post
I have not had a chance to read everything, but wanted to say THANK YOU! With DD I lost very little weight while BF. with DS I gained 75# OMG! He is 6 mo old next week and I have not lost more than 4#! It is so gusts rating! I hate when people say "it will happen". Oh yea? When!? Please tell me. I also get told, well maybe when you stop BF, nope. I am on a dairy/soy free and peanut free diet for DS issues. Seriously, why not!?
gusts rating! I understand your frustration. Other friends have the pounds melting off. Not me.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
oldmomma
Registered Users

I didn't start lossing until around 13-14 months. But since the holidays, I have stalled out. It wasn't so much the pounds on the scale, but my clothes fit better, my belly looked better, and my coworker said that I have thinned out on my back. So after tonight, I am back on the wagon to eliminate snacks.
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't lost any weight breastfeeding. I was so bummed. My dd is nine months and I'm going to start trying to lose weight now.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't lose until I stop BF'ing. My sister is the same way (and she eats a lot less than I do, lol!). It is frustrating, but I'm more at peace with it this time than with DD. She weaned at 17.5 mo and I dropped about 10 lbs right away. Just in time to get preg with DS.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote