Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT losing weight while BFing

I don't loose weight other than the first big drop until I wean. I may loose a pound a month if that.

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #22
bellas
Registered Users

I know what you man ladies... My scale has gone up since I delivered. It was the same for the first 2 kids also. Somehow I still haven't figured out how to BF and lose weight at the same time. I guess it's ok though because it is just temporary, and we know we are giving our kids the best!
bellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Just remember that weight gain/loss is very hormonal. The calories in/out theory of weight loss just isn't true. To a certain extent it might work for some people, but pregnant/breastfeeding women are really ruled by hormones. It's entirely possible that for your body, the hormones that are allowing you to produce quality milk for your child are also the ones telling your body to hang onto the pounds that you don't want. Weight loss is also tied very much to stress hormones. So more sleep at night generally means weight loss/stable weight, etc. Less sleep leads to more stress hormones and weight gain. Your body might be seeing the exercise program that you're on as a "stress" and so is not going to let go of the weight because it's not ready yet.
I would love to lose the last 10 pounds, but I'm hanging out at the weight that I'm at. In the past I would have gone crazy trying to lose it, but I'm pretty sure that it will come off without trying too hard when my body is ready to lose it. I'm just focusing on eating as well as possible and making healthy milk for my little guy.
This. It has VERY much to do with hormones. I don't mind hanging onto a little extra baggage for my lo's to be healthy. Just takes a little time. They won't nurse forever!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #24
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it comes off when i am done nursing here.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #25
Foxsma
Registered Users
seller

I gained next to nothing during pregnancy, 10 pound I think, and now I've gained about 25 from nursing! So you are not alone!!! It makes you SUPER hungry!
Foxsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are so many posters saying that they lose it when they stop nursing, or that the LOs won't be nursing forever, but I've been nursing for the past ten years without a break and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Am I just doomed?
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah
There are so many posters saying that they lose it when they stop nursing, or that the LOs won't be nursing forever, but I've been nursing for the past ten years without a break and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Am I just doomed?
Try weight watchers. They do a program for nursing moms with more points. I didn't lose any weight with DD1 for a year and started WW while nursing and lost 40lbs. Then got pregnant had DD2 and wasn't losing for 6 months then got back on WW and have lost 21lbs so far.

I really think tracking and watching what you eat makes you lose weight with breast feeding, I couldn't just BF alone because I ate too much to lose.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #28
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeam View Post
i have lost 10 pounds in about 2 months by cutting out sweets entirely but I didn't lose a single pound after the initial birth weight loss until i started this simple diet. i am SSOOOO hungry while nursing! DS (also 8 mos) nurses a ton too! i'm hungrier than i ever was while pregnant. so i eat as much as i want. i try to eat healthfully, but if i can't or just don't once in a while, i don't beat myself up. just NO SWEETS at all. i think it helps, because i eat more other stuff instead, and sweets have no nutritional value but other foods do so when i do eat a ton at least i'm getting something out of it. no cakes, cookies, pudding, pie, ice cream, candy, etc. it's totally working for me and i was at the end of my rope. try it.

PM me if you want to do a one-on-one support diet with me i've been looking for someone who wants to, we could PM with weigh-ins occasionally, share successes and stories, share ideas, etc. our kids are the same age and we are in the same situation so it might work well

This is exactly what I need to do. I have never ate as many sweets as I do now. My weight has not moved except up! I really crave sweets. They make me "happy". This is goin to be hard but I know I have to try
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #29
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I believe that there two types of BF'ing mamas: those who lose like crazy (lucky ducks) and those who hold on to every bit of fat. I, of course, hold on to it. I didn't lose any weight until weaning (and I tried WW nursing mama plan).

From an evolutionary perspective, it's probably better to be in our camp because in case of famine, you're holding on to your baby's food supply and baby is more likely to survive. i try to think positive!

Also to mamas who crave sweets, increase protein in yr diet. Sugar cravings are often a sign that you need protein. It happened to me into first pregnancy. All I wanted was CANDY. Discussed it w/ mw and increased protein intake. The candy craving went away.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #30
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxsma View Post
I gained next to nothing during pregnancy, 10 pound I think, and now I've gained about 25 from nursing! So you are not alone!!! It makes you SUPER hungry!
This is ME!! I hardly gain anything during pregnancy which is super nice for the initial weight loss after birth, but then I gain 20ish lbs during the year of nursing. I can't ever get the weight to budge at all during that time. I always feel like an anomally... so nice to see others that have the same struggles!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote