Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
mommyto3+1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Loveybums,firefly, and growing greens fitted?

Any opinions on these fitteds? I'm trying to add a few more cotton fitteds to my stash. Thanks.

Advertisement

mommyto3+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
kizersmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Loveybums,firefly, and growing greens fitted?

Did you get any of these? I'm wondering how they compare?
kizersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think the lovelybums would be that absorbent, they are mainly sherpa. Growing greens have a good following and plenty youtube reviews. Firefly is the highest priced, so you may want to snag a few of each to try? I'd say lbs for wool and growing greens for the bang of your buck
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

I have some firefly fitteds and white like them. They aren't super soft like my poppy fields) but they fit well and there aren't any snap in inserts. I bought some of the clown diapers and they are so pretty!
Check them out!

http://m1362.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=5&newest=1
Bump2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
ericaness
Registered Users
seller

i bought one loveybum and it is not absorbant enough at all. At that price point, i do not want to have to add a doubler just for regular daytime use, it should come with enough absorbancy IMO. I do have heavy wetters, and i change at each pee, but my son just pees right through that one.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have Fireflys and mine are super soft. I dont know about the others though . They were my favorite with DS#1 and I love them on DS#2 super trim but we are straying away from fitteds .
Old 07-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
suzieq
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3+1 View Post
Any opinions on these fitteds? I'm trying to add a few more cotton fitteds to my stash. Thanks.
I love loveybum fitteds, I found them to be very absorbent. I only had the organic diapers. The ones with the print outer and organic velour or the colored organic velour diapers were the most absorbent, softest and longest lasting. These are by far my favorite fitteds. I almost always bought them from their seconds and clearance, to save on cost, and I think they were a bargain considering the use they got. They got more absorbent with each wash, the velour stayed soft, they were trim, and I was able to hang onto all of them after that baby. Some of them got passed onto another baby, and I got them back, still in great shape. The ones that were the organic jersey outer had some wear on them, a few of them did not make it past that baby, but most of them did. The other thing about these diapers is that the Mediums fit from just past the newborn stage (and actually could be used on a newborn, they would just be a bit big) to about a year and a half. After that I bought larges and they lasted til 2 1/2. That will vary based on child, but I found that loveybums were incredibly versatile on sizing, with the print or velour outer ones being the stretchiest.

I had one growing greens fitted and felt like it was nowhere near as absorbent as the loveybums. The fabric was much thinner, not plush at all. It was absorbent enough when baby was younger and the inner was doubled over, but when they got older, it wasn't absorbent enough and I had to add an additional doubler. I never bought an additional of this diaper, because I was not impressed with it.

Firefly diapers were absorbent, but the issue I had with them was that they got holes in them quicker than my other diapers, primarily on the fold out doubler part. When it was all said and done, they got totally worn out by the time my baby (one baby) was done with that size diaper. I had to throw them out. Other than that, they were extremely trim, the trimmest fitted that I had, and they were very absorbent. I did like them very much, they just didn't last past one baby.

As for the wear and tear, I did not have a large stash, like some people do. I washed about every 2-3 days. These diapers got used hard. So, I imagine a firefly would probably last longer for someone with a large stash. However, the fact that those loveybums were being used that heavily makes it all the more impressive to me that they held up that well.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote