Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Childrens rooms - pics please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2teach View Post
I need to get pictures of the closets to really be helpful to you, but for now I will show you what I already have pictures of.

I really prefer a room to look non cluttered. The only way I have found to do this is to actually hide the toys. My 4 year old daughter likes to pull out all of her clothing and constantly play dress up so all of her clothes have ended up either hanging in her closet or on the shelf in the top of her closet. All of her toys are in the dresser seen in the photo. One drawer for baby dolls, one for doll house accessories, one for books and so on.

Apparently I don't have any of the boy's room on this computer but they have a large walk in closet and their toys are organized on one of those kiddie shelves with colorful plastic containers. My youngest has all of his shirts on white hanger and the oldest has his on blue.

I do have a picture of our playroom though to give you an idea of toy storage in their. Again, most of the toys are in the dresser. I set out a few toys onto the floor shelf and try to rotate those every few days if i remember A also keep out playsilks and rotate out a few books.

Hope that helps some- will work on closet pics later!

Oh you're the mama with the to die for play room...

Advertisement

ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The first is the 3 older boys room. Baby room is very simple, crib, paupasan chair, dresser, changing table, drying rack for diapers.
Then it's our playroom. Built in cabinets!

Hali -- SAHM, CD, EBF, DSx4, DH ❤
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1734208165.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	128546   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1078976823.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	128547  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I'll post pics this afternoon after I clean it up. (kids are at gmas)
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So this is a work in progress. We are REALLY pared down on DDs toys. Solarbabies can attest to that even though it still looks busy lol I am not sure I want to keep DDs room like it is right now or change some things around. DD says she likes it like this and she is actually playing with stuff more now

All her toys (minus the big stuff) is on this book shelf. That's also all the books she has. Yes, she has a ton of stuffed animals but that is less than half of what she did have and most of them are sentimental or she really does love them. I'm sure we can pare down more in time. I pared down her bows..she probably had 4 times that many but my BFF made her the holder so I said that all her bows had to fit on that frame. I may toss the high chair bc she never plays with it.

Her doll house is in the corner. The shopping cart is by the kitchen. I had said I was getting rid of either the kitchen or the doll house but I haven't gotten rid of either. I am having a tough time clearing out the bigger items that we paid hundreds of dollars for On the plus side she has begun to play with the doll house and kitchen more since I cleared stuff out

Kitchen and play clothes (her play jewelry is kept in a jewelry box on the book shelf). I think this wall needs a picture on it bc it just looks so blank (see I'm not a true minimalist lol).

DD's closet houses our extra hangers..I'm a hanger hoarder Her clothes are in my big closet because I hate walking from room to room to get clothing and I think her closet looks cleaner this way. On top are a few games, a napmat, and a box that needs to be moved. The diaperstacker holds her nebulizer medicine, tubing etc. It's hung in there for years and I need to find something else to do with it. Her scooter is hung upside down on the shelf but you can't see it in this pic. The floor houses her stroller, 3-wheeler and bicycle. Wish I could find a better place for them Her shoes...the top two rows are shoes that are still too big, the bottom row is dress up shoes/house shoes. So she really only has about 10 pairs that fit...I SWEAR this is a lot less than normal. Normally I have that entire thing filled with shoes that she can wear and it holds 24

Anyway..that is what our current set up is. Like I said its a work in progress and MUCH better than it used to be. I love it right now!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my kids are 5, 3, 22m. the room is approx 10'x10'

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljube112 View Post
Do you have any issues having bunk beds with the little ones? My girls are 6 and 4 and I really want to get them bunkbeds. But my son is just under 2 and he is crazy. I'm so afraid of him getting on the top bed.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
So this is a work in progress. We are REALLY pared down on DDs toys. Solarbabies can attest to that even though it still looks busy lol I am not sure I want to keep DDs room like it is right now or change some things around. DD says she likes it like this and she is actually playing with stuff more now

All her toys (minus the big stuff) is on this book shelf. That's also all the books she has. Yes, she has a ton of stuffed animals but that is less than half of what she did have and most of them are sentimental or she really does love them. I'm sure we can pare down more in time. I pared down her bows..she probably had 4 times that many but my BFF made her the holder so I said that all her bows had to fit on that frame. I may toss the high chair bc she never plays with it.

Her doll house is in the corner. The shopping cart is by the kitchen. I had said I was getting rid of either the kitchen or the doll house but I haven't gotten rid of either. I am having a tough time clearing out the bigger items that we paid hundreds of dollars for On the plus side she has begun to play with the doll house and kitchen more since I cleared stuff out

Kitchen and play clothes (her play jewelry is kept in a jewelry box on the book shelf). I think this wall needs a picture on it bc it just looks so blank (see I'm not a true minimalist lol).

DD's closet houses our extra hangers..I'm a hanger hoarder Her clothes are in my big closet because I hate walking from room to room to get clothing and I think her closet looks cleaner this way. On top are a few games, a napmat, and a box that needs to be moved. The diaperstacker holds her nebulizer medicine, tubing etc. It's hung in there for years and I need to find something else to do with it. Her scooter is hung upside down on the shelf but you can't see it in this pic. The floor houses her stroller, 3-wheeler and bicycle. Wish I could find a better place for them Her shoes...the top two rows are shoes that are still too big, the bottom row is dress up shoes/house shoes. So she really only has about 10 pairs that fit...I SWEAR this is a lot less than normal. Normally I have that entire thing filled with shoes that she can wear and it holds 24

Anyway..that is what our current set up is. Like I said its a work in progress and MUCH better than it used to be. I love it right now!
Can u add shelves to the closet or move one of thd bigger items in there? It would free up floor space for her to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljube112 View Post

Our kids are almost the exact same ages! I have a 12/07, 07/09, 02/09! And i wishe we had a newbie, lol!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof_3 View Post
Do you have any issues having bunk beds with the little ones? My girls are 6 and 4 and I really want to get them bunkbeds. But my son is just under 2 and he is crazy. I'm so afraid of him getting on the top bed.
We have bunks for our oldest 2 and the almost 2 year old in a toddler bed next to the bunks. The baby climbs all over the bunk with no issues. Shes a little monkey!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post

We have bunks for our oldest 2 and the almost 2 year old in a toddler bed next to the bunks. The baby climbs all over the bunk with no issues. Shes a little monkey!
It just dawned on me mama you were my swap partner on the expecting mamas swap! Our babies are the same age. You made our monkey sleepsack. I still have it and I will always keep it!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My girls have been in bunks for several yrs now. They are 6, and 4 with no issues.

This arrangement will only be for the next two yrs or so. We are planning to move into the bdrm downstairs, and the girls will take the master upstairs, and DS and sneaky bean will share the green room. The yellow bdrm will be a guestroom/craft rm w/ murphy bed.

No closet in DS room.

Here's my girls room, they have tons of clothes, but it's all dirty. That's a battle for another day. They have 3 bins under their bed that holds 18" doll clothes, toy tools/misc, and puzzles.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 01-02-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote