Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why is my toddler acting like a baby?

I really wouldnt think a sleep regression would last 4 to 8 weeks. it may have started with a small regression but was exaggerated as he asked for special things like prolonged rocking and didnt want to give it up when you were over it. I would rule out any medical issues first but it may just be a matter of getting him back on routine.

any other major changes in his life?

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
I really wouldnt think a sleep regression would last 4 to 8 weeks. it may have started with a small regression but was exaggerated as he asked for special things like prolonged rocking and didnt want to give it up when you were over it. I would rule out any medical issues first but it may just be a matter of getting him back on routine.

any other major changes in his life?
I dunno..my daughters 4month one lasted from 3.5 to 6.5 months old. And I've had friends who battled the 24 month one for months before they figured out how to make things work.

Nonetheless, you are correct that it could have gotten exaggerated by giving in at some point. And it's always good to rule out other causes.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think it will be another rough night. I'm at my parents. Bedtime went like normal but an hour later he woke up & my mom went to settle him as I was in the shower ( this was at 9pm. I still haven't gotten him to sleep in his crib. It's almost 10:30. I rocked him to sleep. But he wakes up as soon as get up. And I let him cry alone for 30 mins. May have been almost successful. He was quiet for several minutes & then start back up again. He did this a few times. So aggravating! Just go to sleep! It doesn't help that snow plows keep driving by.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
I think it will be another rough night. I'm at my parents. Bedtime went like normal but an hour later he woke up & my mom went to settle him as I was in the shower ( this was at 9pm. I still haven't gotten him to sleep in his crib. It's almost 10:30. I rocked him to sleep. But he wakes up as soon as get up. And I let him cry alone for 30 mins. May have been almost successful. He was quiet for several minutes & then start back up again. He did this a few times. So aggravating! Just go to sleep! It doesn't help that snow plows keep driving by.

is he napping good during the day?

the other thing to consider is white noise. it can work well for older kids even as it drowns out other random sounds like traffic. heck, I know plenty of adults that use white noise to sleep!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Update: the night at my parents was ok. He ended up sleeping in bed with me, but slept until after 6am.

Yesterday we put the crib rail back on. Caden didn't like it at first but hasn't complained since. And last night he slept through until 4:30 or so. A small improvement!! I'll take it!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah

is he napping good during the day?

the other thing to consider is white noise. it can work well for older kids even as it drowns out other random sounds like traffic. heck, I know plenty of adults that use white noise to sleep!
Yes he naps great! 2-2.5 hours most days. And I've always had a sound machine for him. His room is right in the middle of the house with the kitchen diagonal from his room & the bathroom across the hall- it's a horrible floor plan.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
Update: the night at my parents was ok. He ended up sleeping in bed with me, but slept until after 6am.

Yesterday we put the crib rail back on. Caden didn't like it at first but hasn't complained since. And last night he slept through until 4:30 or so. A small improvement!! I'll take it!

yay!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Another good night. Despite the midnight fireworks! Caden slept through until 5:30 this morning & I let him in his crib until the light on his toddler clock came on. He noticed it & said "light, light." I still need to talk with him more about what the light means! But we are improving!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #19
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Update: Caden slept until 6:15am! And I got a whole 7hrs of sleep! He only woke up once around 9 when he got tangled in his blanket. And he kinda woke up at 11 but got himself back to sleep that time!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Both updates sound awesome! That's really quick - I bet the crib rail helped too

Hope it continues and you both get good sleep!