Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

doubler

So why do I feel like the lone person who needs to put a doubler with every diaper? I don't think my DS is a super soaker but if I don't double up on any insert, he leaks through within an hour. I just bought some Kawaii bamboo thinking I can finally use one insert as they are supposed to hold more, and it didn't work. When I double, It is not much an issue (unless I let it go a little too long) but otherwise, I always seem to have leaks and it's out the side usually.
I would love to use just one, and would be so much more trim.
I am currently using Kawaii bamboo moms label minky(both shell and liner) and Kawaii Minky with micro inserts as well as Alva with micro inserts.

Advertisement

hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: doubler

You're not alone. Now that my son is almost 2, I can't just use the microfiber inserts that come with BG's or Blueberry, he needs more. I can however, feel confident putting him in a Simplex or Grovia or BGE without any extra boost. I have some Kawaii Bamboo and I could never just use one of the inserts, he'd be soaked in a minute!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried using a hemp doubler like hempbabies? They take more prep if you buy new, but they're very thin and once fully prepped allow us to go overnight 12 hours with one Flip stay dry insert and 1 hemp doubler. The flip inserts are the same thickness as the kawaii inserts. DDs night diapers are not overly bulky either.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

I have not thought of that. I have been using just 2 inserts. I have had no money to get anything extra. Just got a very small stash of my own for Christmas, been utilizing Giving Diapers Giving Hope charity for the diapers I did have. how about the thirsties fab velour doublers? they are cheap in comparison but is cheap necessarily good in this case?

Last edited by hollyk; 01-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is why I don't do aios. Don't feel alone They don't hold enough for us so we're happy with prefolds and fitteds.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

I don't do AIO either I am doing Pockets. I tried pre-folds for my other child, and just didn't like them, was loaned pockets and loved them. Also loaned Best BOttoms, not sure I like them though. sometimes I do and sometimes I don't
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I bet your LO just has a very powerful 'stream'!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
hollyk
Registered Users
seller

I found at Babies R Us 10 pack of Kushis diaper liners, would those work well to layer with 1 insert?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyk
I have not thought of that. I have been using just 2 inserts. I have had no money to get anything extra. Just got a very small stash of my own for Christmas, been utilizing Giving Diapers Giving Hope charity for the diapers I did have. how about the thirsties fab velour doublers? they are cheap in comparison but is cheap necessarily good in this case?
I've never tried the fab doublers but I'd guess they'd give you less absorbency than the extra insert you use now. Hemp is super absorbent compared to microfiber.

The hempbabies are $3.00 with free shipping at cottonbabies... You might even be able to find some on FSOT uses for less with shipping included (plus they'd be prepped which is a huge bonus!!)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyk
I found at Babies R Us 10 pack of Kushis diaper liners, would those work well to layer with 1 insert?
I think those are either their flushable liners which are not absorbent, or just a liner to provide a barrier against diaper creams or that sort of thing. Those aren't doublers.