Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Nic24
Registered Users
seller

What is going on with my breast!

I should know by now since I have been nursing for almost 7 years but I am really confused with this pain. I have had mastitis a number of times and I am still trying to figure out if I have it again or if it's something different.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore lump in the lower part of my breast. As the day progressed it felt worse and basically now the entire top to bottom on one side is totally sore and there is another large lump. It hurts horribly to barely even touch my breast through my shirt. I question mastitis because it is not engored at all, and I don't have the flu like symptoms with it other than feeling like I am cold. (There is also no red streaking) I tried to squeeze it to see if milk came out of the ducts and it definitely isnt the same flow as my other breast but what I find confusing is if it is clogged wouldnt it be engorged. It isnt at all, in fact it is pathetic compared to the other one.

Please help! I tend to worry about health things...

Advertisement

Last edited by Nic24; 12-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Nic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My first guess is clogged duct...in which case heat, massage, and nursing with chin towards the painful area should help. If not you might want to talk to your doc to be sure...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My first guess is clogged duct...in which case heat, massage, and nursing with chin towards the painful area should help. If not you might want to talk to your doc to be sure...
Exactly wss

Sent from my droid