Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #21
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Car/motion sickness?

I get wicked awful carsickness. Best solution I've found? Always be the driver. Might not work for your girls though.

As a kid, I would try to sleep as much as possible. Or rest my face/hand on the cold glass of the window. Frequent stops to walk around really helped, and looking strait out the front windshield. In a family of 7, my parents couldn't do much for me. When I was older I discovered dramamine - my lifesaver! I also get really bad sickness in boats, planes, 3d movies, and morning sickness. Yuck!

Advertisement

mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #22
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaS57 View Post
Oh, sleeping is great too - if she's feeling sick and manages to fall asleep, she's fine again when she wakes up.
We used to think that DD couldn't get sick if she was sleeping and we actually started doing our travel for long trips at night time so she'd sleep the whole way. So, in July we put them to bed in the car for the drive home and started the 6 hour drive. Everything seemed fine and then 10 minutes from home she threw up in her sleep. Didn't even wake up, so they can definitely throw up in their sleep, too.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Are you sure you're placing the SeaBands correctly? The worst thing about them is that because they're based on acupressure they have to be placed just-so or else they won't provide any relief.
I don't know. I tried it according to the instructions, but maybe it wasn't perfect? Mom and I could never get them to work very well for us either. My Mom is fixing to go on a cruise, and she's getting some perscription patch. I hope it works, because if not she will be miserable!!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote