Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Identify this pain

Last saturday I woke up with pain in the right rib area. I noticed it when I got up and stretched my right arm up. It felt bruised. I did not do anything the night before that would've caused it to be bruised. I kept checking to see if I noticed a bruise, but nothing appeared. Now it's more than a week later and the pain is still there and it's gotten worse. If I lean my body to the left and stretch out my right size it hurts all under my right breast down to the bottom of my rib cage on that side. I have some tenderness in a couple areas..under my breast to the right almost right at my side and right at the bottom of my rib cage.

I still don't see any bruising and it worries me that the pain is getting worse. It doesn't hurt like a throbbing pain out of the blue, but just when I move to where it stretches and if I push on it.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
megenic
Registered Users
seller

You should definitely get to a doctor! Unidentified pain terrifies me and I wouldn't hesitate going to the doctor.

That said, I get this kind of pain regularly. My ribs actually cross, and until I uncross them its terrible pain. However they usually uncross within an hour or two, so I'm not sure if that's what you have.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Identify this pain

yeah, I will probably call the dr. tomorrow and see if I can be seen. It bothers me that it isn't getting better. I just thought I'd see if anyone had experienced this sort of pain before that might have some thoughts on it.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sounds like it could be pancreas or gall bladder. I would def go to the dr and have it checked out just to be safe. It could be something as simple as a muscle strain but it can't hurt to have it checked
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Identify this pain

yeah, my mom pulled out the encyclopedia today and was looking at the human body part in it and looked up what organs were behind my ribs on the right side and told me it could be gall bladder or pancreas. I'll call the dr and see if they're open tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gall bladder pain for me felt like excruciating gas that radiated from my stomach to my right side, through my back and up my shoulder. It would be way worse after eating, especially fatty meals. Mine was quite swollen and pretty bad when finally removed about 2wks after symptoms started. The surgeon said I wouldn't have lasted another 48hrs from there without other complications. Apple Cider Vinegar helped during an attack, a 1.5-2oz shot with some apple juice, but was only temporary.