Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #21
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone work out?

I go to the gym before work. I arrive at 5:30 am (20 minute drive so I leave home by 5:05). I work out until 6:20 and then head to the shows. I leave at 6:45 to arrive at work by 7am. DH does daycare drop off, so if he's out of town I have to skip the gym.

I love going in the mornings. It is the only time I can go without losing time with my kids (which I won't consider). They don't have to get up until 6:30 and if I went straight to work I'd have to leave at 6:30, so it just works perfectly for us. My gym doesn't open until 5:30. If they opened earlier I'd be there early because I'd like to work out for a full hour or 75 minutes.

Advertisement

Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #22
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

As far as DH cooking have you considered the crock pot? You could mix everything together at night and all he'd have to do is put the crock in the pot at the correct time and turn it on. If you have more than one you could also make something like rice in a second crock pot...just do the same thing...mix it ahead he just needs to turn it on.

For us, we don't generally cook during the week. Whatever I cook on the weekends we make extra to reheat dinners on the weekends. If I'm making a casserole or something like that (this weekend pan of burritos) I make two...one to cook and one to freeze. Then we have freezer meals that just need to be heated too. It really makes the working parents thing a lot easier/less stressful when you don't get in the door and have to really cook!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was set to run my first full marathon this year, until I realized I was pregnant. Whoops! Guess that goal will be put on hold!

I'm military, so staying in shape/working out is a must for me, even as a Reservist. Living in CO, working longer hours, and it being winter, I'm only running once a week, but I can still do 1.5 miles without stopping at 26 weeks. I do strength training at the gym on Sundays before I grocery shop.

I really wanted to get more into prenatal yoga, but just haven't made the time, since it'd be during the week and a ways away from my house.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #24
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

So far, I have not found time to work out regularly (and by regularly, I really mean EVER. LOL). I started Jillian Micheals 30 day shred over the weekend and its about 25 minutes long. I don't think I will be able to do 30 straight days, because on Thursdays I work 13 hours so that day is out already. But, it's totally doable on some of the other days, so I am shooting for 5 days a week
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #25
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just started working out again after having my baby almost 2 months ago. It's much harder to work out now with 2 kids and working full time, I admit, but it's getting done. I stick to DVDs and stuff I can do at home. I do JM vids (found that I still need to tone it down a bit because my insides feel like they're going to fall out when I do planks, etc.) and also Leslie Sansone walking dvds.

Last night I had DD in a Babyhawk and walked 4 miles.

I have to really take it easy with new routines because if I get too sore, it'll be very difficult for me to watch my newbie at night (DH is at work then).

I'm BFing as well, and contrary to popular belief, the weight is not melting off!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #26
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I work out mostly on the weekend too. Out of Fri, Sat , Sun night I usually only have plans one of the nights so hit the gym the other two. I'm a night owl so I usually make it to the gym one week night too. Some weeks I don't make it and I don't beat myself up about it.
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
Treylen
Registered Users
seller

Once my first got older, it was easier to fit it in. I worked out for about 20 min on my lunch break a couple times per week. I also worked out on Saturdays and Sundays. My gym has daycare, so for a while I'd bring a 'sack dinner' for my son to eat on the way from school to the gym one or two days a week. He had fun playing with the kids there--it was like a treat to him--so, I didn't feel bad.

Now that I have the new baby, who is nursing and only wants mommy in the evenings, I haven't figured out a plan yet. Ever since I went back to work almost four weeks ago, I haven't worked out at all. I'm pumping on my lunch breaks. I figure I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself at the moment. I will fit it in in the near future when I can.
Treylen is offline   Reply With Quote