Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bum-Ware AIO's . . . tell me more!

Very Baby AIOs were my favorites when my now 8yo dd was a toddler. They were so trim on her and we never had a leak. I was sorely disappointed when I started checking out cds again and found that they have disappeared. I suppose I could sew them myself if I really want them with a future baby, but I am hoping that Nana's Bottoms are similar enough to satisfy me since they are reasonably priced and get great reviews.

Ds was story. No front fastening diaper fit his big belly, skinny thighs, and short rise.

As for Bumware, I loved them on dd, too. The lack of back elastic bothered me, but it never caused any poo leaks.

Advertisement

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 12-31-2012 at 10:38 AM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
Very Baby AIOs were my favorites when my now 8yo dd was a toddler. They were so trim on her and we never had a leak. I was sorely disappointed when I started checking out cds again and found that they have disappeared. I suppose I could sew them myself if I really want them with a future baby, but I am hoping that Nana's Bottoms are similar enough to satisfy me since they are reasonably priced and get great reviews.

Ds was story. No front fastening diaper fit his big belly, skinny thighs, and short rise.

As for Bumware, I loved them on dd, too. The lack of back elastic bothered me, but it never caused any poo leaks.
We had Nana Bottoms at one time and they too did not have elastic in the back. We never had issues but I think that bothered me too. Thanks for pointing that out
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post
We had Nana Bottoms at one time and they too did not have elastic in the back. We never had issues but I think that bothered me too. Thanks for pointing that out
I just received some Nana's Bottoms, and they do have back elastic. It is only on the inner layers and not the PUL. The Bum-ware do not have any at all, but we never had leaks. It just seems a diaper would be more comfy with some stretch to the waist.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I just received some Nana's Bottoms, and they do have back elastic. It is only on the inner layers and not the PUL. The Bum-ware do not have any at all, but we never had leaks. It just seems a diaper would be more comfy with some stretch to the waist.
You are right, it is just not on the PUL. Not sure I liked that either though. How are you liking your Nanas Bottoms? And in comparison to Bum-Ware, WDYT?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #15
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a huge amount of bum-ware when the twins were in dipes. I had the BWX in velcro and some snaps. I actually liked the velcro better, even though the rest of our stash was snaps. I really found that these were our go-to diapers for the boys. They were pretty fool proof. We didn't have leak issues, stink issues, were great overnight etc.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
You are right, it is just not on the PUL. Not sure I liked that either though. How are you liking your Nanas Bottoms? And in comparison to Bum-Ware, WDYT?
Sorry, no baby here, so I can't try them out. We are TTC. They are nice quality, though.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Sorry, no baby here, so I can't try them out. We are TTC. They are nice quality, though.
Thanks so much Mama . . . and good luck!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

My daytime stash is now only BWX AIOs and Nana's Bottoms with hemp inners. I love both diapers so much. My daughter used to nap in them too, but she wets really heavy when sleeping and stays asleep for like 3 hours on her tummy so I started using my overnight diapers for naps. The absorbency is pretty good, especially considering how incredibly trim these dipes are. The main reason I got them was so my daughter could wear all her cute clothes (jeans included) and not have a super fluffy bottom. Part of the reason they are so trim is the lack of back elastic. I uses to use swaddlebees simplex 2.0, but found the BWX and Nana's bottoms to be more trim under clothes. I do like the liner elastic inside the Nana's Bottoms and Bum Ware doesn't have that. However the Velcro on the Bum Ware is the best I've seen. Other than that, they are quite similar and I love both. I change every 2-3 hours when my daughter is awake and have had no non-nap time leaks. I plan on continuing to use these two brands of dipes until PLing. Also, I don't have any stink issues.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I didn't like my Nana's Bottoms as well, TBH. They seemed poofier in the butt, and the soaker seemed really stiff or something. They aren't bad, just not for me.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
Finniansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniebees View Post
I didn't like my Nana's Bottoms as well, TBH. They seemed poofier in the butt, and the soaker seemed really stiff or something. They aren't bad, just not for me.
Funny. I actually find the opposite to be true for us! I found the Bumware bulky in the butt in an awkward way and my Nana's bottoms fit like a glove! I wonder if it matter what kind of soaker/liner you choose?
Finniansmama is offline   Reply With Quote