Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
triciacav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ebay seller changing shipping cost after auction?

I made an offer on an auction and it was accepted. Shipping on the auction was $3.73 for Media Mail, no other option was listed for shipping. I received an invoice from seller for the price of the item plus $7.75 for Priority shipping. I sent the seller a nice request for a new invoice with the correct shipping. She just sent me a new invoice and shipping is listed as $4.76 for Media mail with a note that the package weighs 5#2oz, and that is why shipping is more. Should I ask for another invoice with the $3.73 price, or should I just pay the other amount? Thanks!

Advertisement

triciacav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay seller changing shipping cost after auction?

When I have underestimated shipping as a seller, I eat the cost. I would never ask a buyer to pay more after the listing was over and they had already agreed on the first price.

If she won't go back to the original price, I'd ask for a full refund and be done with it.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a seller up my shipping after the fact. IF you pay it, you are agreeing to it. There is nothing Ebay can do if you "agree" to pay it. The seller should weight the items before hand and have correct shipping in the listing. If you don't want to pay it, contact the seller and ask to cancel. If you want the item, pay it. I would leave a neutral feedback as they should not change shipping price after the fact. (Ebay calculator actually OVERESTIMATES and charges a little more than actual shipping price!)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
When I have underestimated shipping as a seller, I eat the cost. I would never ask a buyer to pay more after the listing was over and they had already agreed on the first price.

If she won't go back to the original price, I'd ask for a full refund and be done with it.

exactly...and report report report... that is way against the rules.
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would buy if really wanted item but leave neg or nuetral feedback & state reason. I wouldn't pay more than stated. Less on combined shipping for mutiple items yes. Contact ebay. Seller should have an idea on cost or way over estimate or eat difference.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would ask for the price listed in the add, that is what you agreed to when you purchased. If they refuse i would ask them to cancel the sale
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I would send the seller a screenshot of the auction and have them invoice you what you agreed to pay. If they threaten to do a non-paying buyer thing, contact eBay.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have undercharged for shipping before (the weight was pre-populated with the last weight I entered) and just ate the $3 more it actually cost to ship the item. The buyer shouldn't have to pay more because I'm a dummy (I swear having kids is melting my brain cells).

I would totally report the person to Ebay and tell them that you want to pay the quoted price for shipping. Seems really slimy for them to up the shipping cost.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Agreed.

Tell them to adjust the invoice to reflect the offer they accepted or to cancel. AND report them. They should know better as a seller.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I had a seller up my shipping after the fact. IF you pay it, you are agreeing to it. There is nothing Ebay can do if you "agree" to pay it. The seller should weight the items before hand and have correct shipping in the listing. If you don't want to pay it, contact the seller and ask to cancel. If you want the item, pay it. I would leave a neutral feedback as they should not change shipping price after the fact. (Ebay calculator actually OVERESTIMATES and charges a little more than actual shipping price!)
that's not true. If you have in the correct weight it will charge the exact price USPS charges. The reason why it may appear to you as a seller that it overestimates is b/c sometimes sellers get shipping discounts. If it appears that the shipping was overestimated as a buyer it is because either the seller did not put in the correct weight or bc the seller has a handling fee in there (but you as the buyer cant see that).