Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

For those who use Thirsties hemp or Flip Organic overnight

Are you just using one? I currently use 2 flats in BG 4.0's at night on DD2 & am buying pocket trainers for DD1 (currently sleeps in sposie pull ups) and I would like to get some of these to stuff everything with instead of flats. 2 flats are super bulky and I'm worried that would bother my DD1 or make her think she is wearing a diaper so I'm looking for trimmer than that. I know nighttime diapering can't be very trim but the double flats makes for a huge diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

One flip organic in a 4.0 used to be perfect for us at night. But in the last month I've had to add a booster to my nearly 15 mo old's nighttime dipe. I've started to wrap the organic around a Fuzzibunz mf insert (they're narrow) or sometimes a BG infant insert. ETA: definitely not trim, but not so bulky that they leak at the legs.

Last edited by One Acre Wonder Farm; 12-31-2012 at 04:15 AM.
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do one thirsties hemp plus a small hemp doubler, in a flip or 4.0 for my normal-wetter 2YO. This combo has been about as bulletproof as possible and is about as trim as it gets ( for nighttime cloth).
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do a flip stay dry with a Thirsties hemp doubler or a hempbabies doubler... It only seemed super bulky when DD was 2-5 months old, now its fairly trim for a night diaper, especially when using the hempbabies
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those who use Thirsties hemp or Flip Organic overnight

I think the Flip worked a little better for us than the Thirsties hemp duo prefolds, but neither one of them would have worked overnight for my heavy wetters.

I think most trainers aren't meant for overnight use though so there may be no way around the bulk if that's what you're trying to use it for. Are you just trying to catch a rare accident or use it as a diaper/pull-up for full flow through the night?

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

At the moment DD can use just the Flip organic(when she will wear it). DS2 is a super heavy wetter so he gets a Hemp Babies small doubler in the middle. He does get changed once during the night. At the same age though DD could go all night with that combo. DS1 could also use just the Flip in a Snap-Ez trainer or 4.0.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

It depends what size Thirsties hemp pf I use. With size 2 I can usually get away with just one for my 2 year old.
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
McDMom
Registered Users

My 4 yo wears a superundies stuffed with a Thirsties hemp prefold. She has had minor leaks, mostly operator error. But she doesn't wet every night. If she did, I'd add a doubler or flat. Its not too bulky but really overnight diapering on an older kid kind of has to be somewhat bulky. I did buy superundies nighttime though and like those the absolute best.
You might also out wool or fleece over a trainer. That would help.

Last edited by McDMom; 12-31-2012 at 07:56 AM.
McDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Thanks everyone. I know nighttime cloth has to be bulky I just didn't want it so big that she can't even close her legs which was why we went to disposables overnight when she was in diapers. She doesn't get up at night to pee but she has a little potty in her room that she will get out of bed to use before she falls asleep and when she wakes up so she doesn't pee much in the night. My DD2 does not even soak the 2 flats. She nurses once in the night. That's just all that was available when we switched to cloth at night for her a week ago and it's what I had used on DD1 in the past. It works but it forces her legs apart. So both girls are average wetters not heavy by any means. I think we will give them a shot. I was looking at the Super Undies. I know plenty of people who stuff trainers for overnight. If we put my DD1 in a diaper at night it would confuse her and pull ups cost so much so this is our only option.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum