Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Still trying to decide on covers

I'm still trying to decide what PUL covers to try with DS. I think I have too much choice now. LOL

Here's what I'm trying to decide between AMP, Rumparooz, Sweet Pea Diapers (has anyone tried these?) http://www.sweetpeacanada.com/diaper-cover/, Gen-Y.

Which would you choose, or should I get one of each and then pick, or what do you recommend for trim fitting over a fitted with snaps.

Advertisement

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
cornwall
Registered Users

Re: Still trying to decide on covers

I would get one of each!
We use Sweet Pea covers quite often but with prefolds....I have a friend who uses them with a fitted (can't remember the name)...but they are quite stretchy so I guess they would be versatile.
AMP has a cover?
cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwall View Post
I would get one of each!
We use Sweet Pea covers quite often but with prefolds....I have a friend who uses them with a fitted (can't remember the name)...but they are quite stretchy so I guess they would be versatile.
AMP has a cover?
I'm going to definitely try the Sweet Pea ones then, I found them for $10 ea seems like a pretty good deal.

No the AMP we would get would be the pockets and just use them as covers.

I'm also considering Grovia, the plus with these is that we could then get the disposable soakers and have something to use when we go out too.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
cornwall
Registered Users

$10 is good...I think mine were $11-12....
There are some good after X-mas sales right now.
cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

over a fitted? hmm I like dappis for that but they are just pull ons. i just hate more bulk w a fitted tho. I would say try one of each.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

over a fitted? hmm I like dappis for that but they are just pull ons. i just hate more bulk w a fitted tho. I would say try one of each.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Unless your LO has skinny legs, I don't recommend rumparooz. They always leave red marks on DS's legs, and he's average, not chunky at all. They do work well over a fitted, they're quite roomy. We mostly pad fold flats or trifold prefolds so they aren't great for us. I don't have experience with the others you listed.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
daydreamr22
Registered Users

I bought 2 best bottoms covers (they were very cute) for my son. He is 22 lbs amd 30 inches long. They were very trim on him, even with the thinner pads. I ended up returning the unused cover to amazon because it was too trim. I heard a lot of ppl say these covers worked well with fitteds though. I think I like thirsties and flip the best.
daydreamr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
MomBecks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff View Post
Unless your LO has skinny legs, I don't recommend rumparooz. They always leave red marks on DS's legs, and he's average, not chunky at all. They do work well over a fitted, they're quite roomy. We mostly pad fold flats or trifold prefolds so they aren't great for us. I don't have experience with the others you listed.
This was my experience with Rumparooz as well Super cute, but just not a good fit. I love Sweet Peas and have heard great things about AMP! But you'd need a really trim fitted to fit under them. My favorite covers over fitteds are Blueberry Coveralls, Gen-Y Simplicities, and Bummis. Thirsties Duos work well for most too. And I love Gro-Via for padfolding or with disposable inserts but I don't think it would fit over any fitted. HTH!