Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #91
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Stash Game Chatter thread

I think there is a mending point? Oh and the elastic (notions) point for each one.

Advertisement

Last edited by fawnlovesjasper; 01-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.
fawnlovesjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #92
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Rdesonia: SO, I cut out 26 mama cloths last night (first time making them). I used bumgenius newborn inserts for the inside with a top layer of flannel (I typically use them for my periods so i thought why not!). Then I cut out a microfleece backing layer. My question to you or any of you have BTDT: Do I serge the part of the pad without wings first and then attach it to the backing? I saw a tutorial where the woman serged wingless pads together and then added two snaps on the back (going vertical) that snapped onto the fleece backing (so she'd change her pad, but not necessarily the backing)... have you all done it this way too? If not, how do you get the backing connected to all those layers without having raw edges? I feel so stupid right now, but my brain just can not think about it!
I don't sew but I have a bunch of mama cloths and I prefer wings for better coverage, but I do sometimes bleed on the wings so if you are going to do where you change just the pad I'd still do enough wings for 2-3 for your heavy days and 1-2 for the regular and 1 for each light day if you want to sew them all at once... of course you might not need that many, but that's what I've found is about normal for me

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #93
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I finished a second square for my quilt. It is just a simple book square. Each square measures 10 1/2" (for a finished square of 10). I do want to pick some titles from the list of all the books listed in the Harry Potter books (and spin offs) and hand embroider them onto the books, only about half of the books that will be on my quilt will get a title, there are 109 titles and I think I counted over 200 when I planned out which squares I would duplicate since I need to make the 30 squares become 72 squares for my bed.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #94
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, that quilt looks intensive! I've never made a quilt before...I keep saying someday...maybe you will inspire me.

I got one of my dresses done. I don't know why I have this fabric...it's a knit, and I'm a little bit scared of knits. I don't usually sew with them. It's also stripes, and I'm not great at matching stripes. I almost threw the whole thing away this morning because it seemed I was having to take out more seams than I was putting in. But I finally figured it out and got it put together, and the stripes even match up pretty well, lol.
I'll have to think of something else to do with this material because I still have a lot left. I could use the knits practice anyway.

Fleece leggings for Kennah

Upcycled shirt sleeves into pants for Rachel. I'd like to say that I made these seam free (aka, inside out) on purpose, but truth is that I didn't pay attention and that's just how they turned out. They will be fine for around the house though.

This was a test pair of leggings out of a very old very stained shirt. They turned out too big, but I was excited that the t-shirt into pants thing works so well, and it's more practice with knits, so that's good too.

Sorry for all the sideways pictures, my brain is feeling fried!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #95
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the striped dress! I bet it will be super comfy this spring and summer!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #96
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just a reminder this week is Mom week (Now that the holidays are over...you worked hard... you deserve a reward!) Extra 5 pts for something made just for you!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #97
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Just a reminder this week is Mom week (Now that the holidays are over...you worked hard... you deserve a reward!) Extra 5 pts for something made just for you!
I'm trying! haha. Sooo, I am NO serger-master! Oh my goodness, these mama cloths are my first project on it (I've had it for months, but the boys keep messing with the dials when I'm not looking and then DH has to fix it and it's an evil cycle that I finally broke them of a few weeks ago). Anyway, the first few pads when serging the curves and rotating the pads, I kept forgetting to lower the presser foot and who knew that sergers will sew in with the presser foot up!?!?! My sewing machine does not, so I'm used to that safeguard. Lots of loosey goosey thread! Anyway, now that I'm getting the hang of it; my sample thread ran out and I have not the brain power to learn to thread it so I'm waiting for DH to get home from work so he can do it for me (he's so mechanically minded). And I started my period yesterday... joy.

Getting the rest done tonight! Come hell or high water!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #98
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

quick question--I have several scrapbooks and such started that I have yet to finish, along with my sewing projects, do they count as well in this??
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #99
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I love the striped dress! I bet it will be super comfy this spring and summer!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
quick question--I have several scrapbooks and such started that I have yet to finish, along with my sewing projects, do they count as well in this??
I don't think so. It's only my second time playing, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only fabric and yarn crafts count. You could make a monthly papercrafts stash game though because I bet several people would like it.

This was my project for today. I'm not sure you can tell much by this pic...how do you photograph grown up stuff? Anyway, I never would have picked this print out to make me a dress...but I had some left after making some old fashioned day dresses. In the end though I think it turned out kind of cute, and peasant dresses are so flattering and comfy. Yeah for Mom's week--I've been meaning to make me some clothes for ages!!

ETA: I just went to figure my points...is the Moms week bonus a one-time-use-only, or do you get 5 per project?

Last edited by jen_batten; 01-08-2013 at 02:59 PM.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #100
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That dress is so pretty!

I'm going to have to count my quilt squares for something for me I think. I cut out some mama cloth and sewed one up, then I felt how thick it felt compared to the Always Infinity (which are the first thing I have found in my life that I don't leak all over using on my heavy days and nights). I don't think I can bring myself to go back to something that is so thick I scrapped the project after sewing 1. Anyone need any zorb?

Last edited by fawnlovesjasper; 01-08-2013 at 02:49 PM.
fawnlovesjasper is offline   Reply With Quote