Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #201
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Stash Game Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Do fabric, grocery bags count as household use?
Yes!

I managed to make 2 diapers from the katrina soaker pattern. I made xL and Large. They are both too big. Going to try a Med. DD is just long and thin. I'm making them with the wet zone having a layer of fleece and 3 layers of flannel for a "trainer". It's been rough. DD and DH are both needing "mommy" to take care of them.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #202
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Yes!

I managed to make 2 diapers from the katrina soaker pattern. I made xL and Large. They are both too big. Going to try a Med. DD is just long and thin. I'm making them with the wet zone having a layer of fleece and 3 layers of flannel for a "trainer". It's been rough. DD and DH are both needing "mommy" to take care of them.
Kuddos to you all making diapers! It sounds so complicated to me!

Here is what I made today... 2 Valentine's Day skirts for 2 of my nieces... I thought bonus points started today Oops. I'm glad they are done though and I can make Baby Girl's. I have 2 skirts and 1 jumper planned to sew for her this week.

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #203
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I managed to get a medium sewn today. Amazing considering I took DD to the ER and DH still unable to hold down water. I'll try to finish a few more before the end of the month. I'll add a pic in a few minutes.

(Dress I upcycled that is too big. It looks wonky but in real life it doesn't. I probably need to wash and block it.)

Here are the 3 fleece trainer thingys I made. The cheetah print is an OS Pocket on the largest setting.(I didn't make the pocket) See how it is almost the same size as the Med Katrina soaker (love print with green trim)? The all love print is a large. The pegasus print with green is XL.
I just wanted to show the comparison because I feel a little silly having made the xl and l when she fits a med!

Last edited by Rdesonia; 01-27-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #204
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

7 fleece trainers. 2 red hankie skirty trainers. 2 zebra side snapping(one I messed up and serged the leg the wrong direction. I decided to just go with it. I did them all the wrong side out and then zig zagged them flat. I hate seam ripping! )2 sheep side snapping and 1 camo side snapping .

(I have 3 more partially sewn... I'll finish them tomorrow. They are just the Katrina Soaker patter adapted. They are actually really easy to make. Or at least easy to make if you don't have a sick DH at home. )

Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #205
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What do you put inside the trainer? I am thinking about making a few for my 3yo ds...sometimes when we are out and about, he just completely forgets and pees his pants, so I want to try to make a few *gulp*

Oh, and I think I am actually going to join next month, and not just chat. I think...I am going to re-read the rules and such, but I want to really challenge myself to get more made. Although, that means I need to go buy some different types of fabric before I do!

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #206
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just put used the wet zone pattern piece ... I put an extra piece of fleece and then 3-6 layers of flannel. I serged it all and then zig zagged it down. Fleece is in the bottom and flannel touches the skin. (I want her too "feel" wet)

Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #207
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Basically...the more I sew the more I want a serger...

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #208
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those trainers are cute!

Alyssa--I hear ya! I've been like that for a couple years now but so far I have managed to refrain myself from purchasing one. It's not in the budget.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #209
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Rdesonia...love the trainers...I have L and XL soakers I made using Katrina's pattern back for DS2 and DS3. DD1 now wears them...but DD2 can wear the L and they are only a bit too big over a thick fitted. I've been meaning to make some in M, but I don't think she'd get a lot of wear out of them. Maybe for DD1 I could size back to the L for trainers since there wouldn't be a dipe under.

So question about the trainers....If I make them with extra layers in the wet zone for DS3 (would probably need to adjust XL a lil bigger) can I use flannel receiving blankets to help him 'feel' the wetness?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #210
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom View Post
Rdesonia...love the trainers...I have L and XL soakers I made using Katrina's pattern back for DS2 and DS3. DD1 now wears them...but DD2 can wear the L and they are only a bit too big over a thick fitted. I've been meaning to make some in M, but I don't think she'd get a lot of wear out of them. Maybe for DD1 I could size back to the L for trainers since there wouldn't be a dipe under.

So question about the trainers....If I make them with extra layers in the wet zone for DS3 (would probably need to adjust XL a lil bigger) can I use flannel receiving blankets to help him 'feel' the wetness?
Anything cotton they feel the wetness. DD uses pockets with microfiber inners so that is why I wanted to have something else. You could just make a lay-in insert if you use an receiving blanket (or old tshirts would work too) so you could use the covers you have already. (AI2 have lay-in or snap in inserts) I made them with it sewn in because DH is the type to forget to add in anything. He has taken pockets before they were stuffed and put them on DD. He couldn't figure out why they leaked.

You could also make a cover/insert sock for your microfiber inserts (if you have some) with your flannel blankets if you have a heavy wetter. (Like this... http://www.nickisdiapers.com/cotton-...sert-sock.html ) Just lay them inside the soaker for a trimmer fit than a full fitted.