Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Stash Game Chatter thread

******Do people like the separate See and Share thread or do you just want to post picks in Chatter? I personally didn't like hopping back and forth. Opinions? Majority will rule on this one*******

I've been working on my UFO's!
So far I have a lot of napkins done, 4 burp rags, 2 sets of breast pads (I cut out when pregnant and didn't finish these??), and a blanket done! I'm going to try to do a little more as I have 1 1/2 hours before DS goes to bed. (Sewing keeps him up). After that, I'm going to do a little hand sewing as I have some felt puppets I started to make 2 years ago for Christmas and never finished.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I have only done one other game, but I prefer to just post in the chatter thread. I don't mind having the points thread be separate, but I feel like too many threads gets confusing.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
******Do people like the separate See and Share thread or do you just want to post picks in Chatter? I personally didn't like hopping back and forth. Opinions? Majority will rule on this one*******

I've been working on my UFO's!
So far I have a lot of napkins done, 4 burp rags, 2 sets of breast pads (I cut out when pregnant and didn't finish these??), and a blanket done! I'm going to try to do a little more as I have 1 1/2 hours before DS goes to bed. (Sewing keeps him up). After that, I'm going to do a little hand sewing as I have some felt puppets I started to make 2 years ago for Christmas and never finished.
The chatter thread with pics sounds fun. You've been hard at work! Have you seen the Ol' McDonald felt hand puppets (free tutorial and pattern online)? I made them for my 4 year old a few months ago.

SOOO... I have a question as I am a newbie and not sure how the points and tallying and all that work on the post we created. I made a large, fleece tie blanket and 5 scarves using scrap fleece from past blankets. So could you give me an example of tallying (since it was no-sew, I'm confused). Sorry to be a pain!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
The chatter thread with pics sounds fun. You've been hard at work! Have you seen the Ol' McDonald felt hand puppets (free tutorial and pattern online)? I made them for my 4 year old a few months ago.

SOOO... I have a question as I am a newbie and not sure how the points and tallying and all that work on the post we created. I made a large, fleece tie blanket and 5 scarves using scrap fleece from past blankets. So could you give me an example of tallying (since it was no-sew, I'm confused). Sorry to be a pain!
You don't get points for sewing. It would count just like if you did sew.
Using Fabric scraps always counts as 1 pt. (you get an extra on top of that +3 bonus this week)

Example
Scarf 1+ for scaps, +1 for pics (if you post a picture) +3 for bonus = 5
Blanket +1 for scraps +1 for pic+3 for bonus=5
Total 30 pts!

**edited**
If you are using larger piece scraps it might be better to count them as yardage than to get the scrap bonus...
Example
Blanket +4pts 1/2 yd +4 pts 1/2 yd + 1 pic=9pts

Last edited by Rdesonia; 01-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
ssboden
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi not quite sure how this works but it looks fun and give me some motivation .. To finish things. I will read more about it tomorrow but wanted to get in from the beginning. Do you report what you do each time ? Or just when you finish projects?
ssboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I say 1 thread!! photos mixed in with chatter is less to navigate, and as I doubt anyone is on dial-up anymore and most of us size photos reasonably well, there's no reason to worry if a thread gets "picture heavy" like there might have been a few years ago.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #27
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssboden View Post
Hi not quite sure how this works but it looks fun and give me some motivation .. To finish things. I will read more about it tomorrow but wanted to get in from the beginning. Do you report what you do each time ? Or just when you finish projects?
I mostly sew so I do finished projects. Some people will make note of time they knit as hours are counted for that and the project might last days or weeks (Sewing you don't get a per hour points).

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

4 double sided burp rags, a blanket, and 4 breast pads. (Yes,those are cows! Moo!)

A bunch of Napkins! 45 of them! These have been a UFO for a long time, so long they no longer match my kitchen stuff! The 9 on the right are bigger than the ones on the left they are folded in 1/4 and the ones are right are just in 1/2.

Last edited by Rdesonia; 01-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #29
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love the idea of the pics in with the chatter... sometimes it was hard not to start up some crazy chatter in a show and share thread.

I cut out a dollly outfit yesterday that I want to put away for DD for Christmas, plan on using the scraps in some barbie clothes, but I have learned I'm not a fan of making Barbie clothes... they are so flipping small!!

I have to dig around and see if I have any UFOs around. I know I started knitting DD a Hello Kitty hat, but then it was too big so I frogged it, decided to crochet it and it's too small and I left it at that... but if I frog it and start over, it's not really a UFO, is it?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Rdesonia- Those nursing pads made my morning! haha. So cute! I remember when I was trying to pump to get my milk in, it just entranced my DH... he was like, "It's the same way when I milk the cows!"... thanks.

Okay, thank you so much for helping me this time around! I probably should not have been trying to do math at 10:30pm. The blanket was not from scraps and was 2 yards, so I'll refigure that one.

So how do you all post pictures on here?
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote