Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #21
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help! I can't make a decision regarding supplimenting

i havent read op's but i can tell you my story. owen was born after a 72 hour labor and 2 hour delivery. i had a natural water birth. despite not sleeping more then 3 hours in those three days and then giving birth and then not sleeping well three days after he was born (or eating or drinking) owen wound up loosing a lb three days after we brought him home from the hospital. he had jaundice, and i wasnt producing enough colostrum (my milk didnt come in until about day 5. we saw the lactation con. on day three and she was the biggest b****. if i could have killed someone it would have been her. she gave me a breast pump and told me to bf, pump then supplement with formula every two hours. i was so upset that i had to do formula. but i stuck with it and thankfully after eating drinking and trying to mommy myself for the next three days around the clock i bfed pumped and ff.

i dont think formula is the end of the world, as long as your stimulating your nipples to compensate for the formula. doner milk would be best esp if you only needed to use it for a short time.

owen is still bfing almost 8months later. the original can of formula expired a month ago. i had to throw over half of it out.

Advertisement