Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #991
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

I've been thinking about this JUDDD thing for a few days. I do believe calorie cycling is good for you, but I don't think I can take it to the extreme levels that JUDDD does (except the 2K cal day--I can totally do that! ) Also, I don't like how it's every other day...I cannot do a 500 calorie day on a Saturday! That just doesn't work with my lifestyle. Anyway, I worked out yesterday and burned 500 calories (I only counted 400) and by dinner time, I had only netted 112 calories for the day. I began to think that maybe JUDDD would be okay, but I would have to workout on 500 cal days.

Alas, instead of having a reasonable dinner and trying out the 500 cal day yesterday, I was craving spicy noodles so I made it for dinner yesterday--over 1,400 calories!!! Yikes!

Yet, with all that pasta, I still posted a loss this morning, which puts me down 0.8 pounds in 5 days. Still only a 3.2 loss total in the past MONTH (ridiculous!), but at least I'm seeing some movement now.

Oh, another win for me; I went down another teaspoon on my coffee creamer today. (I started with 3 tsp, have been using 2 tsp for a couple of weeks, now down to 1 tsp.) It didn't taste as good as usual, but I actually thought it needed sweetener vs. more cream. I didn't add it, though. I figure I'll get used to it in a couple of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
I am officially returning Insanity.
I simply cannot do it. My knees have been screaming and I just can't do the workouts.
I'm beyond frustrated. DH has no coordination so he's doing the russian dance all over the living room while I'm stuck in a tiny 3x3 area between 2 couches.
I was so fed up tonight I went into my room and just cried because I felt like a failure.
DH said we can return it and just do the Tae Bo, which I'm ok doing!
You are so not a failure! Insanity is...insane (for a lack of a better word.) Even though it doesn't outright say so, I believe it's designed for those who are already fit and want to take it to the next level. Those people in the videos are dancers, athletes, fitness instructors, marathon runners, etc. There is so much more out there that will fit you better. Tae Bo is great and fun!! Have fun with it and forget Insanity, at least for now! By the way, my husband also lacks coordination and I got so pissed doing Insanity with him because I was too focused on how he was doing everything wrong (I know, bad me!) I hate working out with him.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #992
bradcher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Joining! Hi ladies! I need to start eating healthy - mainly to feel better and my dress pants are a good 1 -2" from buttoning I just returned to work on Monday from a 15 month maternity leave after my twins. I love the friday weigh in...it gives me all week to "correct" from the weekend! My weight is 127 which would normally be my goal but I haven't worked out in two years. So my body is very flabby all over and my clothes don't fit So I guess my goal is 120 or just more muscle tone. I really don't have the $$$ for new work clothes so this is major goal! and I constantly put junk food in my mouth so I need to change that. Good luck this week!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #993
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My favorite sandwhich "alternative" is to use a green pepper as my bread. I cut off the top and bottom then make one cut down the side to get a long sheet of pepper. I cut that in half and use that for me bread.

I used to be a grain junkie....seriously 80% of my diet. I cut it all out sept 2011. It was ROUGH. But after a while the cravings and cheats were less and less. Now I have a craving maybe 1x a month for pasta and bread. Sugar on the other hand....I haven't been able to get rid of my cravings for!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #994
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I was looking at mfp and I was over 1000 carbs under the goal they set for me for the last week.

Its crazy to me how much I have been eating and still getting good loses (about 5lbs in 10 days). On the days I exercise I cannout eat enough. Literally. I'm trying to avoid junk...and 2000 calories of good healthy foods is A LOT! I'm given 1530 calories and if I do an hour of zumba or step that adds an
other 700 calories!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #995
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradcher View Post
Joining! Hi ladies! I need to start eating healthy - mainly to feel better and my dress pants are a good 1 -2" from buttoning I just returned to work on Monday from a 15 month maternity leave after my twins. I love the friday weigh in...it gives me all week to "correct" from the weekend! My weight is 127 which would normally be my goal but I haven't worked out in two years. So my body is very flabby all over and my clothes don't fit So I guess my goal is 120 or just more muscle tone. I really don't have the $$$ for new work clothes so this is major goal! and I constantly put junk food in my mouth so I need to change that. Good luck this week!
Welcome!!!

I have been dealing with sick kiddos. Quinn threw up this AM and the baby is teething again and is living on me. I have to get so much done but can't. My son is having his girl over today for dinner. I told him to have pizza and I will eat chicken soup tonight from the crock pot.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #996
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari
are you doing Whole30? or the 21 day sugar detox thing? aka, What detox are you doing? I'm interested!
I'm doing the 21 day sugar detox. No sweeteners (natural or artificial), no grains or grain derivatives (ie no corn oil etc) and no alcohol. I did this in November and my sister wanted to try it so I'm doing it again with her.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #997
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Today I have suck kids so the Y is out. Hoping I have the energy and motivation to do the 30 DS tonight or something. It's raining and tornadoy tonight so no running
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #998
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think i have a couple new mamas to add to the first post. Sorry, I'm a lil behind on this thread but I'll do it.

Alex is crazy today. He cried all morning and is just fussy. I'm at gmas but if he doesnt stop acting up soon, I'm not going to be able to leave him and go running.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #999
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel behind, but great job to everyone! And thanks for the support. I've been slacking the last couple days and feeling pretty lousy, so that's inspired me to at least drink more water today. I'm already feeling better. I should easily stay within calories too, and the sugar cookies are gone which helps a lot!

I also wanted to share that my friend started a mommy blog and asked me to write a post about my weight loss. I probably don't have anything to teach you ladies But it also has my before and after pics, which are always fun. http://swagonmomma.blogspot.com/2013...azy-momma.html
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1000
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire
I feel behind, but great job to everyone! And thanks for the support. I've been slacking the last couple days and feeling pretty lousy, so that's inspired me to at least drink more water today. I'm already feeling better. I should easily stay within calories too, and the sugar cookies are gone which helps a lot!

I also wanted to share that my friend started a mommy blog and asked me to write a post about my weight loss. I probably don't have anything to teach you ladies But it also has my before and after pics, which are always fun. http://swagonmomma.blogspot.com/2013...azy-momma.html
Awesome story!
You write really well. Do you blog as well?