Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #1071
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
Oh crud, today is the 1st isnt it? Sorry, i will make a new thread later today
It happens no rush

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #1072
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Old : Rebeccalynne15: starting:187.2, goal:130, current: 178.8 -8.4

New: Rebeccalynne15: starting:187.2, goal:130, current: 177.8 -9.4

ehhh only a pound this week better than nothing I suppose !
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #1073
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Numommy, New 144
Old 144.6
Goal 145
New Goal, 135> Ha! Just for giggles!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #1074
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

this month will be a little difficult, but not too bad. Sunday of course is Super bowl. then the 10th is a bday party for the kids. I'll do my best to eat well.

I think I'm going to give up dairy and sugar for Lent. I'm not catholic, but I don't mind using it as an excuse to give up something for 40 days.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #1075
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
I am normally pretty calm and laid back...but she gets under my skin. Fighting me over every little thing and whining all.day.long. Sorry I have no good advice, but you're not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
This exactly also!! More fussy than usual the past 2 days, wants to be held constantly and everything is wrong.... I know if she would sleep she would be so much happier, but can't convince her of that lol getting to sleep can take hours and hours and I don't have the patience most of the time. So, she stays up until I know she will fall asleep fairly easily. This means I have 0 time to get anything done, which leads to let patience-and the cycle continues. It is so comforting to know that I am not alone
addiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #1076
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
Sorry ladies, I've been super MIA. Caught strep throat and have a double ear infection so I've been home all week super sick, barely able to eat anything because the pain in my throat is ridiculous. Getting my tonsils out didn't hurt this bad!! So I missed weigh in last week, so this loss is over 2 weeks but mainly just due to being sick and not eating so I fully expect to go back up a bit next week but we'll see.

Old:
sahmofthree: starting 180.4, goal 145, current 165.0 -15.4

New:
sahmofthree: starting 180.4, goal 145, current 163.0 -17.4
Sorry you've been so sick! That's miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic
Crap I forgot to weigh in before breakfast and now I've had a ton to drink. I will still step on the scale out of curiosity.

DS has upped his nursing again just enough to stall my weight loss out. I just keep thinking this is only temporary. He will wean someday lol.

ETA: last weigh in empty stomach was 165.8. This morning after eating and drinking I was 166.2. So no gain at least lol. But I measured hips and waist and lost 1 inch in my hips and 1/2 inch in my waist. Thank you 30 day shred lol!
That's great to lose inches!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
I wonder if nursing contributes to the reason i cant seem to lose? Alex has been super fussy lately.

Anyway, i weighed in at 143.6 this morning. A slight loss only. It sucks that its going so slow. Today we're going to a carnival so not sure what lunch will be
I have heard of lots of women not losing well until they wean. I know nursing burns calories, but it seems like your body is also holding onto fat so you can keep up the milk. I wouldn't suggest weaning, but you might have to wait it out. At least you're building good habits and can hopefully drop pounds fast after weaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalynne15
Old : Rebeccalynne15: starting:187.2, goal:130, current: 178.8 -8.4

New: Rebeccalynne15: starting:187.2, goal:130, current: 177.8 -9.4

ehhh only a pound this week better than nothing I suppose !
That's a good solid loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy
Numommy, New 144
Old 144.6
Goal 145
New Goal, 135> Ha! Just for giggles!
Great new goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiecakes
This exactly also!! More fussy than usual the past 2 days, wants to be held constantly and everything is wrong.... I know if she would sleep she would be so much happier, but can't convince her of that lol getting to sleep can take hours and hours and I don't have the patience most of the time. So, she stays up until I know she will fall asleep fairly easily. This means I have 0 time to get anything done, which leads to let patience-and the cycle continues. It is so comforting to know that I am not alone
I have the hardest time running on little sleep. I did it fine in high school/college, but taking care of a demanding kid is a whole other challenge when you're already feeling crappy.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1077
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
Yep when I can't/won't say yes, Claire will just keep repeating her request and not listen to a word I say. That's about when I start yelling, or just walk away from her.

When A starts throwing a giant fit or needs to have control of the situation I ask her to go sit on the bottom step until she is calmed down. Sort of like time out, but she can get up when she is calmed down and ready to do what she needs to do. We call it having a "snit" for some reason lol This helps most of the time, and gives us both a breather. However, this does nothing for the all day whining haha
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #1078
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

old:
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:138, current:151.2 -21.8

new:
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:138, current:149.6 -23.4

Congrats ladies- we made it to the end of the original challenge! That flew by- so glad we decided to continue this thread

On the fussy toddler side- A is currently melting because after "making" her own sandwhich and asking for it to be cut into small pieces.... she now wants it put back together! Going on 20 min of on and off crying for the poor sandwhich that can't be repaired lol
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #1079
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
old:

new:

Congrats ladies- we made it to the end of the original challenge! That flew by- so glad we decided to continue this thread

On the fussy toddler side- A is currently melting because after "making" her own sandwhich and asking for it to be cut into small pieces.... she now wants it put back together! Going on 20 min of on and off crying for the poor sandwhich that can't be repaired lol
Great loss! Claire gets that way too. Poor kids.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #1080
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
old:

new:

Oh yeah I know those days