Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #131
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

So remember this morning how I posted about the 2.5 lb weight gain and swore I wasn't ready to start my period? I started my period. Good news is I don't have to blame it on the alcohol just yet.

I can't believe I lost track of time like that! I have been extremely busy and stressed lately so that explains why I didn't realize it had already been a month, but I SWEAR I had EWCM just a couple of days ago.

My challenge is two fold now; dealing with period cravings and the weekend. Dh and I have always splurged on weekends because Monday is always a good day to start over. I really feel like if I'm good this weekend and get through my period, I will see a big weight loss in a couple of weeks (my periods last about 10 days.)

We are splurging a little tonight while watching the Cotton Bowl...bacon wrapped lil smokies smothered in brown sugar. But I'm limiting myself to 10 and that puts me over 52 calories today.

Speaking of calories...those who are calorie counting...how many calories do you allow per day?

ETA: I forgot to post my gain in red, so +2.6, 0 loss total

Advertisement

Last edited by Psychomom; 01-04-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #132
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Psychomom I am allowing 1200 calories
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #133
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Psychomom I'm allowing 1600ish a day. That's how much I should eat to maintain at my goal weight. So that's what I'm going for. Slow and steady. My diary on MFP is open your more than welcome to look at it when ever.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #134
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
So remember this morning how I posted about the 2.5 lb weight gain and swore I wasn't ready to start my period? I started my period. Good news is I don't have to blame it on the alcohol just yet.

I can't believe I lost track of time like that! I have been extremely busy and stressed lately so that explains why I didn't realize it had already been a month, but I SWEAR I had EWCM just a couple of days ago.

My challenge is two fold now; dealing with period cravings and the weekend. Dh and I have always splurged on weekends because Monday is always a good day to start over. I really feel like if I'm good this weekend and get through my period, I will see a big weight loss in a couple of weeks (my periods last about 10 days.)

We are splurging a little tonight while watching the Cotton Bowl...bacon wrapped lil smokies smothered in brown sugar. But I'm limiting myself to 10 and that puts me over 52 calories today.

Speaking of calories...those who are calorie counting...how many calories do you allow per day?

ETA: I forgot to post my gain in red, so +2.6, 0 loss total
I am at 1200 + exercise calories. I allow one cheat meal a week but don't go crazy. It allows me to tackle some of those cravings or for dh and I to go out. In truth I bank some calories everyday to account for measuring issues or for my cheat meal. I usually bank 100 calories a day.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #135
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sorry I've been MIA. I'm getting over a cold and working out more. I've added lifting and worked out yesterday and today. I had to get up early this morning so I forgot to weigh myself. I'm going to try to weigh myself tomorrow before I go work out. Idk if I'm losing or not since I've been sick and not drinking enough water plus I'm sure I'm holding water from lifting. Yesterday I ran a mile without stopping and did 1.8 miles total then did fitness yoga and today ran 1.2 miles without stopping and 2 miles total and lifted biceps and back. Tomorrow I'm lifting shoulders and hoping to run 1.5 miles without stopping.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #136
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalynne15 View Post
Psychomom I am allowing 1200 calories
I am too, and our stats aren't far from each other. My husband thinks this is too few. I do account for working out so I am eating around 1500-1600 but net 1200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Psychomom I'm allowing 1600ish a day. That's how much I should eat to maintain at my goal weight. So that's what I'm going for. Slow and steady. My diary on MFP is open your more than welcome to look at it when ever.
So I just looked up how many calories I need to maintain at my goal weight and it said 2000. The site recommends eating 500 under what you need to maintain at your current weight for loss, and that would still allow me 1800. I'm going to try the 1200 as long as it isn't too tough. I am going to friend you on MFP.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #137
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xblessed View Post
I am at 1200 + exercise calories. I allow one cheat meal a week but don't go crazy. It allows me to tackle some of those cravings or for dh and I to go out. In truth I bank some calories everyday to account for measuring issues or for my cheat meal. I usually bank 100 calories a day.
Yeah, I am doing the 1200 + exercise. I have seriously thought of banking some but right now I eat every single calorie and it would be depressing for me to see myself in the negatives every day. I am very anal about counting, though, I even count my 5 calorie piece of gum.

When I was on WW, I would only use half my Flex points to account for cheating, tasting, etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #138
remindmeagain
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I also had to give up dairy with one of my nurslings too. It nearly killed me with my cheese addiction....LOL! I am good now and do not crave it like I used to, but I miss it. I gain horribly with cheese.
Yeah, I loved cheese, but I realized that I felt SO much better without a lot of dairy in my diet, so I kept it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21 View Post
I know. I just want it to come off overnight even though it didn't all go on overnight.
I wish it would come overnight too! Wouldn't it be so satisfying?
remindmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #139
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok so I woke up this morning and weighed in!!! I lost 1.5 lbs!!!! I am so excited. So I apparently can't drink or my cardiovascular system gets all wonky!! Go figure.

Old: Mac & Cheeses mom: starting 244, goal: 140, current: 228.6 -15.4

New: Mac & Cheeses mom: starting 244, goal: 140, current: 228.2 -15.6
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #140
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:
Yay, Mac&Cheese! That's fantastic!