Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #241
Mheagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Thank You!

I need some suggestions on how to actually fit excercise in. I have two kiddos (3 1/2 and 6 mo), the 6 mo is still getting up twice a night. My hubby works...a LOT. Kids are in bed by 8pm (I'm in bed at 9:30), and I'm up at 5:15 am to get ready for the day. I do have a YMCA membership which we go on Sat & sun (although my 6 mo is crying by 30 min). I'd like to go at least once during the week which means I pick the kids up at 4:30 from daycare then we wouldn't be home until 6pm (bathtime). I feel guilty about going from daycare to daycare. Do I just suck it up? The kids will be fine? Do I suck it up and just get up earlier in the am to workout at home? Sorry for the rambling...

Advertisement

Mheagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #242
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheagan
Thank You!

I need some suggestions on how to actually fit excercise in. I have two kiddos (3 1/2 and 6 mo), the 6 mo is still getting up twice a night. My hubby works...a LOT. Kids are in bed by 8pm (I'm in bed at 9:30), and I'm up at 5:15 am to get ready for the day. I do have a YMCA membership which we go on Sat & sun (although my 6 mo is crying by 30 min). I'd like to go at least once during the week which means I pick the kids up at 4:30 from daycare then we wouldn't be home until 6pm (bathtime). I feel guilty about going from daycare to daycare. Do I just suck it up? The kids will be fine? Do I suck it up and just get up earlier in the am to workout at home? Sorry for the rambling...
What time do the kids get up for the day. If you can fit in some sort of cardio or DVD in the morning I would. If you can go to the YMCA and fit in what you can for 30 min. I started at 30 min with my daughter in daycare at the gym. She had never been in daycare before that. Now she can make it to 60 min max, so I go min- fri for an hour.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #243
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I blew it yesterday again. Another rough work day. I had done well up until a coworker brought cupcakes to celebrate January staff birthdays. I ate half of one (the top half with all the yummy icing, though) and threw the rest away, so that was a big step for me. Took a 2 hour break in the evening to pick my daughter up from tap and take her to ballet school...when I took her home I made a sandwich loaded with veggies. It was really good. But then, another late night and the owner went out to eat and I asked for a chocolate shake. And then I snacked on her fries, too.

I'm tempted to just say screw it this week because I'm working so much and I'm going out of town this weekend but I know I'll have a hard time starting over next week.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #244
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't say screw it. Your doing well. One day at a time. Life happens an you are making great progress given old habits and life's bumpy terrain. Hugs it die get easier.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #245
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I blew it yesterday again. Another rough work day. I had done well up until a coworker brought cupcakes to celebrate January staff birthdays. I ate half of one (the top half with all the yummy icing, though) and threw the rest away, so that was a big step for me. Took a 2 hour break in the evening to pick my daughter up from tap and take her to ballet school...when I took her home I made a sandwich loaded with veggies. It was really good. But then, another late night and the owner went out to eat and I asked for a chocolate shake. And then I snacked on her fries, too.

I'm tempted to just say screw it this week because I'm working so much and I'm going out of town this weekend but I know I'll have a hard time starting over next week.
Don't give up! Just keep trying your best and it will help. I cheat some too and just jump right back into my diet after doing it.

I did not get to weigh in today. DH got up before me and I cannot leave the baby on our bed for even a second as he will try to crawl off. I am pretty sure I stayed the same or lost a little. I feel lighter...LOL!! Tonight is chicken fingers again. Hopefully I will not gain from them. They are homemade, so better than bagged frozen ones.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #246
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

Don't give up! Just keep trying your best and it will help. I cheat some too and just jump right back into my diet after doing it.

I did not get to weigh in today. DH got up before me and I cannot leave the baby on our bed for even a second as he will try to crawl off. I am pretty sure I stayed the same or lost a little. I feel lighter...LOL!! Tonight is chicken fingers again. Hopefully I will not gain from them. They are homemade, so better than bagged frozen ones.
Kimmie we are doing those on Sunday YDD picked dinner and day.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #247
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Kimmie we are doing those on Sunday YDD picked dinner and day.
My kids LOVE them. I have one that uber restrictive with eating and he begged for them. I am not going to complain. I will have a couple and eat carefully. I wish I had more salad. I will have to get more on Friday when I go grocery shopping.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #248
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
194.4 this morning! I can't wait to weigh in on Friday officially. I need to hit the store for more lettuce, fruits, and veggies and boil up some more eggs.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #249
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
194.4 this morning! I can't wait to weigh in on Friday officially. I need to hit the store for more lettuce, fruits, and veggies and boil up some more eggs.
Congrats and awesome loss so far!!! You are doing so well!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #250
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009
Yay!!!!!

Yeah I have to boil eggs today. I love my eggs.