Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #271
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

I've been MIA. I've fallen off the wagon and have been too ashamed to post and even weigh. I KNOW I've gained weight :-/
BUT, I'm going to a Zumba class tomorrow night and will make healthier eating choices tomorrow too!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #272
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashsmama
I've been MIA. I've fallen off the wagon and have been too ashamed to post and even weigh. I KNOW I've gained weight :-/
BUT, I'm going to a Zumba class tomorrow night and will make healthier eating choices tomorrow too!
Good for you for hoping back on. You must weigh so you can see the damage.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #273
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom

Good for you for hoping back on. You must weigh so you can see the damage.
I'm too scared to, lol!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #274
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am eating well, tracking my calories consistently eating about 1600 a day. I've started a boot camp fitness program 2x a week and I am doing the couch to 5k program and the 30 day shred workout on the other days. I'm not seeing the weight coming off so I'm hoping once my body adjusts to the exercising and AF gets out of town the scale will start moving. It is so hard to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #275
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Jessnic-What gym do you go to? Probably cant afford a gym membership right now but just wondering lol
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #276
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic View Post
...It is so hard to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging.
I have felt this way many times, and I've heard others say it as well.

I just want to remind everyone (myself included) to look beyond the numbers.

I keep a journal of how I FEEL everyday (tired, clear-headed, etc) and I try to appreciate the changes I am experiencing with my new diet and lifestyle changes. I also make an effort (even though I HATE doing it) to LOOK at my body (how does my skin look, what is my shape, how are things changing)

If all you look at is the numbers, you may be missing out on the bigger changes going on in your body that are so much more important than those three numbers on the scale.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #277
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
Jessnic-What gym do you go to? Probably cant afford a gym membership right now but just wondering lol
I am doing the dumbell fitness boot camp program in the military housing areas and I go to the gym at my complex and the one on base. Are you military?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #278
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No I'm not. Which military housing are you at? I live in salt lake
Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #279
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I'm too scared to, lol!
Accountability. See you must to hold yourself accountable so you don't do it again. Every slip up is a learning experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic
I am eating well, tracking my calories consistently eating about 1600 a day. I've started a boot camp fitness program 2x a week and I am doing the couch to 5k program and the 30 day shred workout on the other days. I'm not seeing the weight coming off so I'm hoping once my body adjusts to the exercising and AF gets out of town the scale will start moving. It is so hard to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging.
Give your body time to adjust. Also what foods are you eating? Are you eating enough food for the amount of exercise your doing? Also are you taking rest days?
Ok so scales suuuuck but truth is when since your scale isn't moving it is possible your losing inches. Or your stalls because if the upped intensity. Just keep at it your hard work will pay off. If you can try and drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of water and make sure to eat enough food. It really is eat more to lose more (if your exercising). Also if you are exercising and sore your muscles could be holding onto water weight.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #280
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I fell off the wagon over the holidays and gained 6 lbs in just a few months! Getting on the scale was what I needed to recommit to myself about losing the weight. It was a wake up call!
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote