Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Hi....I am on a mission to get my life back on track. This means fitting in work-outs and eating right which for me means limiting my gluten (no gluten = less vertigo for me). If its okay I would like to just post my weight loss/gains.

What days do we weigh-in?

Corinne...hope you feel better today as the new year starts!

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok I'm in... Do I start with my now weight or the weight I was when I started loosing?

Start weight 222
Now weight 210
If I lost 25lbs 185.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Welcome to all the new people. Those who don't want to post your weight post what you feel.

We love new people here and hope you all like the support you find here.

As for me I was not good. I took my very first no track day on MFP! I didn't track a darn thing!

I hope you all have a great new year and again welcome to those of you who are new!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xblessed
Hi....I am on a mission to get my life back on track. This means fitting in work-outs and eating right which for me means limiting my gluten (no gluten = less vertigo for me). If its okay I would like to just post my weight loss/gains.

Weight in is Fridays

Thanks. I have a slight head ache. I'm a lil afraid to drink anything but i need water. Wish me luck. I'm picking myself up off the couch now
Old 01-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
Welcome everyone! I had a good start to 2013 this morning, weighed in at 147.6! Happy new year everyone

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Great job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I'm joining, but I am not comfortable posting my weight. Not because I don't want you guys to know, but I think I have IRL stalkers so I don't like to post too much info. Can I do a different format? Like:
Goal: 40 pounds
+/-: xx lbs

I did Crossfit from July-November and while I got very strong and somewhat toned, I didn't lose a single pound, if you can believe it. I stopped going because the only time I could fit into my schedule was 5am, then I ended up doubling my hours at work, it's a busy time of the year, etc., etc., and I couldn't do the early morning thing anymore. My fave Crossfit guy is starting his own program tomorrow and I'm going with him! My goal is to work out a minimum of 4 days a week. I really need to change my diet but like most people, I'm horrible at that.

I wish I had that problem, lol! I love Chinese food but I don't think I'm lucky enough to experience a loss after eating it.

Great job! I'm very interested to know what detox plan you are using. I want to do one but don't know where to start.
Post what ever you feel comfortable with. I am shocked I lose with Chinese. I would assume I would at least gain water. Weird for sure. Not that I am arguing...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Psychomom-post whichever format. Its up to you

I see a bunch of new names. I'll go thru and update a lil later

AFM, i was a mess ringing in the new year. A couple days ago i slipped and rammed my toe into the wall. It's still swollen and bruised. I made a smoothie with coconut milk and bananas and it messed me up. I spent last night throwing up and with stomach cramps. I also sliced my thumb opening a big costco jar of pretzel twists. Yeah, so last night wasn't fun for me. My body hurts today but my stomach is better.

We have 2 lunches today. Tomorrow im "cleansing" and eating fruits and salads. Hoping to kick start weight loss and get rid if all the crap I've eaten lately
You need a break, girl. I hope you feel better and heal fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xblessed View Post

I have to be really careful with gluten too. We weigh in on Fridays athough many of us post daily updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Ok I'm in... Do I start with my now weight or the weight I was when I started loosing?

Start weight 222
Now weight 210
If I lost 25lbs 185.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
Welcome!!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am new here also. My current weight is 179. My goal weight is 130. Anyone have any tips on how to kick caffeine. Should I go cold turkey or gradually?
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21
I am new here also. My current weight is 179. My goal weight is 130. Anyone have any tips on how to kick caffeine. Should I go cold turkey or gradually?
Welcome! We have very similar stats

Go gradually!!!! I get massive headache when I try to cut caffeine cold turkey!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #28
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
Great job! I'm very interested to know what detox plan you are using. I want to do one but don't know where to start.
There's a couple I was looking at doing. I tried one before where you have lemonade made with fresh lemons and raw maple syrup. Drink nothing but that and water for 3 days. But I ended up not eating/drinking ANYTHING, and made myself really sick. Dr. Christopher has one where you drink prune juice first thing in the morning then you alternate between apple juice and water for 3 days. The one I'm doing is you start the day with the juice from 1 lemon in warm water, then the rest of the day you drink apple juice, water, and eat as many apples as you'd like. Take 1 T olive oil at the end of the day. It's supposed to help regulate hormones and cleanse the liver. I have a book for a one month cleanse, where each week a different organ is focused on (first liver, then kidneys/bowels, then skin, then lungs I think). I'm trying to break the sugar habit before I try something that drastic. It basically allows raw foods, you eat fruits in the morning (as much as you want), then switch to veggies mid-day. Then there's teas/herbs you take to target the specific organs. I'd like to be ready to try this one this summer. The apple one seems like a good one to do during the winter.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #29
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am ready to join you ladies!

Starting weight 170
Goal weight 140?? I am more interested in fitting into my prebaby jeans than the weight.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic
I am ready to join you ladies!

Starting weight 170
Goal weight 140?? I am more interested in fitting into my prebaby jeans than the weight.
Yay welcome!!