Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #581
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Its probably really simple but can someone explain to hcg diet to me?
Here is the link.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #582
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Remindmeagain have fun on your run. It sounds like a blast I wish I was in the area. Also thanks for the well wishes on getting better. We are better here.

So today I woke up and I lost 1.4 lbs!!! I am well on my way to my pre DD2 weight!!! I am so excited. Next week that goal is mine!!!
Congrats!! You've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I am experiencing the same but I haven't lost any weight to begin with. I am SO frustrated! I know the # on the scale shouldn't matter because I do feel better, but I don't understand how I can go from eating 2300-2500 calories per day to 1200 and not lose a single pound. I had two days where I ate under my calorie goal and I didn't lose weight. I drink at least 80 oz of water per day (closer to 100 oz) and I don't lose weight. Tomorrow makes two weeks and I haven't lost weight.

I have lost an inch in my waist and I know that's what really matters, but when you have as much weight to lose as I do, pounds should be falling off, too. According to BMI calculators, I am in the obese category. And I don't buy that crap about muscle weighing more than fat, because muscle burns fat and I don't believe at this point I've gained more muscle than I have acquired fat. (Do I make sense? I tend to ramble when I'm mad.)

I know that not eating enough will make your body hold onto weight, but I have PLENTY for my body to live off of before I'm in starvation mode. And I haven't been doing this long enough to be at a plateau. I'm even getting enough protein in my diet. This has always been hard for me because I don't like too many high protein foods.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow for Friday weigh in, then I think it's best that I stay off the scale.
I think you should up your calories. IMO such a drastic drop in calories could put you in starvation mode, despite your body having enough to burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
Ok. I tracked yesterday and weighed this morning. Up 0.2lbs. I can handle that.
Great job tracking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
19.3 lbs gone in 19 days! 96 lbs to go
Wow! Congrats!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #583
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i pump every time i nurse i do have over 1500 oz in the deep freeze so im not too worried about running out of milk but i have seen a slight decrease in my output. the key is drinking enough water. although if i only needed to lose 15-20 lbs i probably wouldnt bother doing hcg.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #584
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive been doing 3 protein shakes with almond milk and veggies (dropped the fruit and the bread)
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #585
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Of course my Wii Fit Disk is gone again! Can't weigh myself.
Our TV is still busted! Tech said around 300. DH found the part at Sears for $100. Ordered it and he'll replace it himself. It's weird going from a huge Flat screen TV, to a TINY old school analog TV...lol.
I'm sure I've gained weight though. I see it in myself!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #586
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
i pump every time i nurse i do have over 1500 oz in the deep freeze so im not too worried about running out of milk but i have seen a slight decrease in my output. the key is drinking enough water. although if i only needed to lose 15-20 lbs i probably wouldnt bother doing hcg.
Yeah - I was going to do it when I was 190, but was having supply issues so have been on my pre-hCG diet diet. I never expected to get to 132-4 on my own. Now that I have I will not be doing it, although it would be a fast way to hit 125 fast, I am sure...LOL!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #587
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
Our TV is still busted! Tech said around 300. DH found the part at Sears for $100. Ordered it and he'll replace it himself. It's weird going from a huge Flat screen TV, to a TINY old school analog TV...lol.
You can go to the wii channels and add the wii fit channel. I don't ever put my disk in anymore. I just click on the channel and I can weigh in.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #588
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Oh no...that sucks. I had no idea it had a scale. I should use mine when I find 5 minutes of time. I can always tell when I gained too.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #589
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
ive been doing 3 protein shakes with almond milk and veggies (dropped the fruit and the bread)
That sounds yummy!!! What day are you on?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #590
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I am experiencing the same but I haven't lost any weight to begin with. I am SO frustrated! I know the # on the scale shouldn't matter because I do feel better, but I don't understand how I can go from eating 2300-2500 calories per day to 1200 and not lose a single pound. I had two days where I ate under my calorie goal and I didn't lose weight. I drink at least 80 oz of water per day (closer to 100 oz) and I don't lose weight. Tomorrow makes two weeks and I haven't lost weight.

I have lost an inch in my waist and I know that's what really matters, but when you have as much weight to lose as I do, pounds should be falling off, too. According to BMI calculators, I am in the obese category. And I don't buy that crap about muscle weighing more than fat, because muscle burns fat and I don't believe at this point I've gained more muscle than I have acquired fat. (Do I make sense? I tend to ramble when I'm mad.)

I know that not eating enough will make your body hold onto weight, but I have PLENTY for my body to live off of before I'm in starvation mode. And I haven't been doing this long enough to be at a plateau. I'm even getting enough protein in my diet. This has always been hard for me because I don't like too many high protein foods.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow for Friday weigh in, then I think it's best that I stay off the scale.
I think your probably not eating enough. I know you have extra to burn, but thats not how the body works. If you suddenly take 1500 calories out of your diet, your body will go into starvation. It will take a while for it to realize 1200 is the new normal.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote