Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #61
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Sitting here waiting for dh to finish making my popcorn and trying to figure out when I will get to run tomorrow.

Awesome job to everyone who has started new work-outs. Keep up and after the first week or so you will miss it if you have to miss it :-)

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #62
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
love this goal! May I join you?
Lets doooooo it!!!!!

However, I grabbed Taco Bell today. <hanging my head in shame> NEVER go shopping hungry!
Tomorrow....No fast food starts TOMORROW!!!!

I ate Potatoe Leek soup tonight with garlic bread and I feel like Poo! Then, add in this sore throat, and it makes me one hot mess!

When I was at walmart, I ventured over to the fitness wall, and boy was that place cleared out! It's always Jan when fitness spikes!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #63
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Lets doooooo it!!!!!

However, I grabbed Taco Bell today. <hanging my head in shame> NEVER go shopping hungry!
Tomorrow....No fast food starts TOMORROW!!!!

I ate Potatoe Leek soup tonight with garlic bread and I feel like Poo! Then, add in this sore throat, and it makes me one hot mess!

When I was at walmart, I ventured over to the fitness wall, and boy was that place cleared out! It's always Jan when fitness spikes!
LOL! tomorrow! I have a weakness for McDonalds but it's soooo bad for me. I will grant myself other take out, like grilled fish and salad or chicken and salad. but no burgers, nuggets, fries, that sort of stuff. It's going to be hard cause DH is a fatty (really he is) and loves to eat out.

eta: I'm planning to eat clean with no cheats starting on Saturday. That gives me time to consume left overs from New Years. Well, that was my orig plan but now i think it may take that long to get back to feeling well. I managed to eat today, lost of white rice unfortunately. Each time I eat, my stomach gurgles. It sounds like an angry animal or something grrrrr growl! but at least the food is staying down. and in. IDK if it was the coconut milk or a mild case of food poisoning. If coconut milk is a laxative, would it make me throw up too?

Last edited by corinne76; 01-02-2013 at 11:36 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #64
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
LOL! tomorrow! I have a weakness for McDonalds but it's soooo bad for me. I will grant myself other take out, like grilled fish and salad or chicken and salad. but no burgers, nuggets, fries, that sort of stuff. It's going to be hard cause DH is a fatty (really he is) and loves to eat out.

eta: I'm planning to eat clean with no cheats starting on Saturday. That gives me time to consume left overs from New Years. Well, that was my orig plan but now i think it may take that long to get back to feeling well. I managed to eat today, lost of white rice unfortunately. Each time I eat, my stomach gurgles. It sounds like an angry animal or something grrrrr growl! but at least the food is staying down. and in. IDK if it was the coconut milk or a mild case of food poisoning. If coconut milk is a laxative, would it make me throw up too?
Yikes, sounds aweful! I've had coconut milk and never had a laxative effect on me. I'm thinking it may be some food poisoning.

Ok, I'll allow take-out. There is this real hippy modern spot down the street that is all organic local and all that good stuff that has an AWESOME chicken salad! I think I might order it tomorrow. The best part is the dressing. It's like a citrus oil free dressing but they won't tell me how they make it.....grrrr.....
Just no fast food. I read some thing somewhere that said "Going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a crack house for vitamins!"

I didn't exercise at all today. Well, maybe walking around walmart is considered exercise?

Has anyone done Insanity? Dh is all gung-ho about ordering it. I'm down, but I have HORRIBLE knees. I can't do lunges, too many jumps. Pretty much any high impact on the knees is a no no.
Thoughts?
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #65
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dont have the energy to exercise so none for me too.

I've tried Insanity. I failed. It's really nuts. And there are a lot of jumps. It was killer on my feet too. I like to workout barefoot on carpet, but for Insanity I need to wear shoes because I hurt my feet doing it. He tells you to land softly but come on. I also have p90x but haven't tried that yet. I'm working my way through C25K.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #66
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I needed to share this cause its hilarious.
Ds is allergic to dairy. Recently I've been trying differnt milks because his beloved soy milk gives him gas. Tonight i was nursing him and dd asks me "what kind of milk is in there? Regular milk or soy milk?" I just about died because she was dead serious. I had to explain to her about breastmilk before bed. Great bedtime story
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #67
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
I needed to share this cause its hilarious.
Ds is allergic to dairy. Recently I've been trying differnt milks because his beloved soy milk gives him gas. Tonight i was nursing him and dd asks me "what kind of milk is in there? Regular milk or soy milk?" I just about died because she was dead serious. I had to explain to her about breastmilk before bed. Great bedtime story
Lol!

Is he lactose intolerant or milk allergy. You can try raw milk if he is intolerant. Kenzie can't have any milks except raw milk to drink. As soon as she has regular milk you know it.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
Has anyone done Insanity? Dh is all gung-ho about ordering it. I'm down, but I have HORRIBLE knees. I can't do lunges, too many jumps. Pretty much any high impact on the knees is a no no.
Thoughts?
Insanity is exactly what it sounds like. It is seriously hard on your knees. I wouldn't recommend it if you have knee problems. There are no modifications other than "go at your own pace." You can do your own, of course. I have bad feet and I can't jump. The workout is a lot of jumping. I've made it through the first 4 weeks before and even got stronger and better and really felt an improvement...then I started the 2nd 4 weeks with different DVDs and it was worse than starting over. I got really discouraged.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #69
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had herbal popcorn and it had salt on it last light. I knew better than to eat it before bed. I was 137.7 today. Not a huge gain, but would have liked to go down than up.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #70
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning everyone...sitting here in running clothes waiting for breakfast to settle. Going to see if the kids can keep up with me on their bikes for 4 miles.