Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #31
mamajoe
Registered Users
seller

Re: Jan. Farm/Homesteading Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by missc View Post
T put up the ladder in my laundry room today. I'm excited to be able to wash, dry, and hang my laundry in the same room! We have a shelf or 2 that I think we're going to hang on the far wall yet, and trim around the shelves opening. Down the road I might make some curtains to go over the shelf and I really want to make a sign that says "With God, all things are possible...even clean laundry!" Because seriously, clean laundry in our house is a God thing! Here are some pics...

Attachment 129632

Attachment 129635

K...I stink at taking/adding pics from my phone. I apologize for the lighting!

Way behind in this thread, but wanted to say i love that ladder idea. Might have to do something like that after this LO is born. We have a big laundry room and would be awesome for hanging diapers.

(we also have a sign that says "laundry today, or naked tomorrow" and a lot of days it is reality! Lol)

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #32
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
T put up the ladder in my laundry room today. I'm excited to be able to wash, dry, and hang my laundry in the same room! We have a shelf or 2 that I think we're going to hang on the far wall yet, and trim around the shelves opening. Down the road I might make some curtains to go over the shelf and I really want to make a sign that says "With God, all things are possible...even clean laundry!" Because seriously, clean laundry in our house is a God thing! Here are some pics...

Attachment 129632

Attachment 129635

K...I stink at taking/adding pics from my phone. I apologize for the lighting!
SO CUTE! Love the ladder! I saw some tutorial about using parts from a crib (two of the sides) for a drying rack for laundry, but I think the ladder is even more cute!
Oh, everything goes to the wayside here when I pick up a book too! I don't read tons anymore lately (maybe 8 fiction books a year ). I'm lucky to get the Bible and devotional (reading "Mission of Motherhood")time 5x a week.

Well, today was supposed to be rendering day, but last night Dh's mom called him up to tell him they called the squad for his Dad. Dh had to take his mom separately to the hospital and they stayed until 2am (dad is admitted). Blood clots in his lungs and something that starts with a B.I. BP was 250/115... anyway, so between his regular farm chores, I'm sure he'll be at the hospital. Trying again next Saturday! haha

Today I need to bake bread and figure out something fun to do with the boys... maybe library. They were supposed to go to Grandma's to play. We had a roughhhh day yesterday. Trying to not let pms emotions rule my behavior, it was tough when the boys were soooo constant with each other! Ended the day with Papa coming to the rescue at 6pm. I had supper ready and he fed them and let me sew to relax (have a few projects needed done... got baby pants done and a minky, lovey blanket started that I need to finish today for an unexpected baby shower... dropping off tomorrow!). Anyway, need to distract them so we do not repeat! We are skipping school this week as my Grandpa passed away and I'm taking the kids out of state tomorrow for a couple days.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #33
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I haven't thought much about the garden yet. I got Baker's Creek catalog and it's sitting waiting for me to pick it up. I know we'll do more tomatoes and green beans. Really want to try potatoes and work harder at pumpkins. I need a separate garden notebook. In Feb., I'm having a ag wife's group over for tea and the discussion will be meat chickens/breeds/etc. The next time we meet will be "garden planning" and I will be listening like a hawk to how the other women do it!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajoe View Post
(we also have a sign that says "laundry today, or naked tomorrow" and a lot of days it is reality! Lol)
Love that sign idea! And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
SO CUTE! Love the ladder! I saw some tutorial about using parts from a crib (two of the sides) for a drying rack for laundry, but I think the ladder is even more cute!
Oh, everything goes to the wayside here when I pick up a book too! I don't read tons anymore lately (maybe 8 fiction books a year ). I'm lucky to get the Bible and devotional (reading "Mission of Motherhood")time 5x a week.

Well, today was supposed to be rendering day, but last night Dh's mom called him up to tell him they called the squad for his Dad. Dh had to take his mom separately to the hospital and they stayed until 2am (dad is admitted). Blood clots in his lungs and something that starts with a B.I. BP was 250/115... anyway, so between his regular farm chores, I'm sure he'll be at the hospital. Trying again next Saturday! haha

Today I need to bake bread and figure out something fun to do with the boys... maybe library. They were supposed to go to Grandma's to play. We had a roughhhh day yesterday. Trying to not let pms emotions rule my behavior, it was tough when the boys were soooo constant with each other! Ended the day with Papa coming to the rescue at 6pm. I had supper ready and he fed them and let me sew to relax (have a few projects needed done... got baby pants done and a minky, lovey blanket started that I need to finish today for an unexpected baby shower... dropping off tomorrow!). Anyway, need to distract them so we do not repeat! We are skipping school this week as my Grandpa passed away and I'm taking the kids out of state tomorrow for a couple days.
Thank you! I hope your father-in-law is ok, how is he doing? I want to check out that devotional. I haven't been able to find a good devotional lately, it seems like the ones I pick up are meant to be read without the Bible, but I'd so like one that does, but light enough/easy enough for daily following, does that make sense at all? It sounds like you had some nice time last night, that's awesome! I'll have to check out Baker Creek, I haven't checked out their seeds before.
A is doing her piano lessons now, I've got to go get them ready to go to the Dr. for wellness visits/check up on ear infection progress. Then home, and A has puppy class tonight. It's supposed to be warm (50ish) this weekend and we're planning on being home (yay!) so I'm trying to figure out what we want to work on...horse trailer or invisible dog fence or ladder to kids loft/cleaning the basement/hat and glove rack in mud room? Guess we'll have to see how much it's raining...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #35
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How was everyone's end of the week/weekend going?
We've gotten quite a bit done! The girls really really wanted to spend the night at their grandparents so they did yesterday. T and I worked on their loft and got the ladder done! We have carpet and padding to put up there yet, but we'll get to it soon. It was so nice out today that my dad came out with my stepmom and the kids, and while my stepmom watched the kids we ran the invisible fence wire...visibly, lol. We have about 10 acres "fenced" in now. Baby J and I walked it with our female LGD this afternoon, it'll take some training but I think it will work good. Also got my colt out today and brushed him a bit, cleaned up the horse pasture, brushed the pony, and T split a bunch of wood. Animals are fed and now we're hanging out in the house!
I hope everyone else is having a great weekend. It's supposed to get cold again tomorrow so I'm planning on making Chili on the woodstove after church and I think we'll work on the mud room and the loft. I'd like to sort out meals for the week since I need to work every day...
We settled on our birds for this year. On March 18 we're getting 14 poults (Bronze Breasted) and 25 chicks (Red Star) and we'll see how that goes . That's the most young birds we've had at one time, but we have a bit of time to prepare. In the meantime, I'm also researching pigs. I think those are going to be the 2 main meat (turkeys and pigs) animals we have going this year, except for culling all of the male duck/turkeys we currently have and our current layers this fall once the new 25 get laying.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok...mud room is done...until its not working and i need to revamp! But this should be more functional:
On the right is a rack for hats, gloves, miscellaneous smaller things
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2405995449.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	130422
Key keeper and hooks for coats/ds' backpack stroller (used often!)

Name:	image-1912290558.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	130423
Need to figure out a gate yet...cleaning supplies on shelf...and vacuum in the corner (also used often!)

Name:	image-3801035486.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	130424
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Ok...mud room is done...until its not working and i need to revamp! But this should be more functional:
On the right is a rack for hats, gloves, miscellaneous smaller things
Attachment 130422
Key keeper and hooks for coats/ds' backpack stroller (used often!)
Attachment 130423
Need to figure out a gate yet...cleaning supplies on shelf...and vacuum in the corner (also used often!)
Attachment 130424

WOW!!!! It looks sooooooooooooo good! Love it!

I have to get supper finished, but wanted to say "HI!". Lots of goings-ons and days have been whirlwind-ish. Mostly good whirlwinds with getting stuff accomplished and keeping children alive and growing. FIL might have a type of blood cancer (they will take bone marrow samples at a later date as he's still dealing with tons of bloodclots). Hauling manure and setting up barns to shear this week!

Last edited by raisingcropsandbabies; 01-15-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Busy, busy here. Work has been SUPER busy, many old people in with the flu and the stomach flu. We couldn't even find better equipped hospitals that could take one of our cardiac patients the other day. Ended up having to send him to one 4 hours south of us. It's been insane! has really wiped me out too! The nurses were busy enough, but there are 5-6 nurses on and they have about 4 rooms each. I am the only CNA for 5-6 nurses and 18 rooms, I have to take people to CT and ultrasound and aid them in relieving themselves or cleaning them up, answering bells, taking vitals, assisting in gyn exams, setting rooms up for procedures, cleaning rooms, splinting broken bones and teching them to use crutches/slings etc, dressing wounds, keeping all the carts in all the rooms stocked... whew! i litterally have RUNNING all day every day that I worked. Saturday it was 6 pm before I got a pee break.

So on the work front, DH says that the family will get used to it. He's very noble and says that I filled a position, and imortant position and it'd be pretty sh!tty of me to up and quit leaving it vacant. He says that no, he doesn't want me working, but it's because he's selfish and wants me all to his-self when he's home.

Luckily it's only 2 days a week and the income DOES help. I want to get stuff paid off, DH is looking at buying a camper and taking vacations. We haven't seen his oldest daughter in 3 years and have never met our granddaughter (yep I'm 29 and have 2 grandkids, possibly soon to be 3, she just had her IUD removed )

RCB: so sorry to hear about your FIL! Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers!

New puppy is smart in most things, but she has recently figured out how to get on the couch and we dont' allow dogs on the couches (they're too big and we have a big family, need human space) and DD#2 dropped her homework on the floor a few minutes ago and puppy punced straight on it and shredded it before we could even blink. I wrote a note to the teacher and asked for a replacement we'll do tomorrow.

Been watching Harry Potter with the kids in the eves, now I want to read the books but am busy reading gardening and bee keeping books. Can't wait for spring!! We still have a long way to go though. I saw the perfet Meme explaining Maine winters the toher day Winter, winter, winter, that really warm day in March where you get irrationally optomistic, still winter, more winter spring/summer/fall made up a small slice of the pie chart.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and doc appointment for YDD today, well child and all is well. Then I had an appointment this afternoon for crazy af's and am being put on bc for it, hopefully that'll help the randomness of my cycles, the moodieness, the lack of sex drive, the acne, palpitations, hot flashes etc that I get on and off all the time.

Ok, gotta rangle these kids and get dinner out of the oven.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

RCB - I hope your FIL is doing ok. I'm so sorry to hear. Did you get the shearing done this week?
Amanda - I hope work slows down for you! And am glad that your husband is so supportive!
We are doing well. I worked 5 days this week, it's too much. But am so glad to be home today. I just want to nestle and cuddle into the farm, love on the kids and dh, visit with my horses, clean my house, plan for our pigs and poultry this spring, and never leave again! Totally unrealistic, but a girl can dream, right?
DH is at fire right now, I have pizza crust rising...I hope. Floors are clean, kids are fed and playing, and we have done some school. It's a good day! Once dh comes home I hope to put kids down for a nap and kidnap him outside with me to put up our pig fence. We ordered some electric netting from Premier1 to pasture them and it came yesterday. I don't know if it will be enough, it looks like we'll be raising 8 pigs this year, but we'll put it up and see. We won't pick up the piglets until mid-march anyway, so we have time.
We have one more Christmas party at our house next week so I'd love to get a head start cleaning for that. There's laundry (always!) and I really need to finish my sewing my sil's present.
Just wanted to check in, I hope y'all are doing well!