Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #61
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Jan. Farm/Homesteading Chat Thread

still doing Christmas stuff, love it!

Work didn't go so well for me. I still have this mess, but it's mild, so I thought I'd be fine, I mean I had gone grocerys hopping to 3 different store the day before.
However, after about 3 hours I was starting to feel slightly nauseas and figured it was just low blood sugar. So I had a banana and a begel, was fine for antoher half hour and was in a truma room with a sergeon, doc, senior nurse and two nursing students. I had an elderly gentlman positioned for a chest tube (I actually had to hold parts of his body in the corect places so the surgeon could do her job.) He had a lot of questions and by the time they had started the procedure I had been standing in the same position for 15 mins. So the procedure got underway and the surgeon used it as time to teach the students (who were turning green) what she was doing and also giving the ER doc tips (who aparantly hates putting in chest tubes so she called the surgeon), by the time they got the ribs spead, the slightly gory part over, and the tube in I started to pass out. I've been thru gorier procedures, I've done this same procedure for a longer amount of time on a truma patient with severe truma and after 2 hours we had to life flight him because we couldn't get the tube in and hadn't even been so much as queasy let alone pass out. I had to have the nurse rush to my side and take over positioning. I don't even remember exiting the room.
So I tried to tough it out for another half hour but kept nearly passing out, getting flushed, sweaty and nauseas and the charge nurse sent me home. So I ended up calling out the next day too, so that's 3 of the 4 days on this 2 week check that I will be getting. Don't know if I'll make it the 4th day. I hope so.

Still got this mess, and my kids keep getting reinfected. It's not a pretty household as it comes with alot of nastyness.

Anyway, got a giant package from seed savers exchange today

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post

Macy- How amazing it would be to be a doula! I took a 3day class through DONA and loved every minute. Attended 3 births for the cert., but met DH and all plans of finishing college for my RN and doula cert. went out the window. Young love... haha. Such a cool experience to be such a HUGE part of the journey to add more children or to become a parent. And that when people recall the births of their children, they also recall you.
Frozen chicken eggs... big bummer! What are you using for your hs curriculum? Missc and I use MFW. Speaking of, I have 2 days worth of school to cover today! eek. Blending is coming along much better though for Captain Obvious so that helps a lot!
I love being a doula... actually, I have a mom in early labor with twins right now I love twin births, they add a new element to birth logistics. I've been a doula for 5 years and I'm a DONA doula both birth and postpartum.

Curriculum? What is that?! LOL Just kidding. We're just really eclectic around here. We have a consistent schedule, but free flowing curriculum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Oh, Missc and others interested, I keep forgetting... Here is a link to when I helped butcher the cow a few years back. I only got pics of the the Part 1 of it (the outdoors part). This Feb, I'll get pictures of how we cut it up and ground the hamburger and packaged it all up... I was pregnant when I helped and the inside the house smell got to me, so I wasn't as involved and didn't get much pics.

it does show a skinned cow, so be warned... You can see when DH and his dad got the stomach chamber out (I wish I got better pics of that... seeing all four was kind of cool), the liver, heart, etc...

Well crude, I can't link it without showing all my personal info on photobucket... Anyone know how I can paste pics that have a link on them (so pics aren't right on thread... for pregnancy stomachs)?
I have no idea how to change that, but I wanna see!!
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #63
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rain today, warm and windy. My hens have up 3 eggs early this morning, the rosters been crowing... feels like spring! If only it wasn't going back to 20F tomorrow...

Planted peppers and egg plant a couple days ago and have them on a shelf in the laundry room with lights on them, they'll go in the green house in April. Sigh. Can't wait for planting season! Any trying to curb my desire to get new animals in the spring. I'm trying to put our resources into expanding garden area.

Ok ramble off...