Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #71
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC While Breastfeeding. New Year, Fresh Start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Hilary-Good luck with that OPK. The only thing that home birth freaks me out, is the placenta delivery. I have FAST labors! My last labor was only 27min. I was having on-off contractions about every 5-10min, not very painful. (still able to talk, walk through them) for a few hours, then water broke and BAM, baby came out 27min later! Labor before that was 2.5hrs.
I just know nothing about the placenta and I'm so scared of bleeding afterwards, and how do I know if I'm bleeding too much, or if the placenta is retained....stuff like that. I'd rather just have my baby, in MY bed, with MY family, then just stay in bed and bond and nurse my baby.

I called the store where we bought our couch and the estimated delivery is the 18th. UGH. I want it NOW! Although, they said it's possible it can come earlier, but that's the projected date!.....Sigh....
Yeah I was nervous about that too. It was actually taking a little while and my midwife got to the point where she wanted me to deliver it but all I had to do was get up and squat on the bed and it slipped right out...I think it was kind of stuck behind my pelvis bones. I have thought about going unassisted in the future and all that kind of stuff is what makes me nervous. If you get a midwife they will know what signs to look for. Just make sure you get one who won't hesitate to go to the hospital if theres even a slight issue.

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #72
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Abby-maybe some left over blood? But that's very strange!

Hilary-It's possible, but I took another OPK and it's dark again! I'm throwing the flag in. I'm in the WHATEVER mood!

I'm miss being pregnant. I miss the excitement. When I'm pregnant I feel SO close to DH and I just feel like I'm glowing. I LOVE the anticipation of the end. Always wondering if that cramp is gonna lead to a contraction!
We are planing on staying team green next time since I have everything from my DS and DD. We'll be buying a new car seat since I bought DS and DD new Britax Cowmooflauge car seats, so I want the cowmooflauge infant seat.
And...I'm gonna try for that home birth. I'm gonna do it unassisted since even if I did hire a midwife it's VERY likely that she won't make it, or there will be a lot of false alarms if I called her every time contractions started. I'm gonna stay with my Midwife/OB practice, but try to just do it at home, then see my midwife after the delivery to check out. She's cool like that!
Dear God...I'm ready...but please grant me patience!
I miss being pregnant so much it hurts. It is just such an incredible time

Quote:
Hilary-Good luck with that OPK. The only thing that home birth freaks me out, is the placenta delivery. I have FAST labors! My last labor was only 27min. I was having on-off contractions about every 5-10min, not very painful. (still able to talk, walk through them) for a few hours, then water broke and BAM, baby came out 27min later! Labor before that was 2.5hrs.
I just know nothing about the placenta and I'm so scared of bleeding afterwards, and how do I know if I'm bleeding too much, or if the placenta is retained....stuff like that. I'd rather just have my baby, in MY bed, with MY family, then just stay in bed and bond and nurse my baby.

I called the store where we bought our couch and the estimated delivery is the 18th. UGH. I want it NOW! Although, they said it's possible it can come earlier, but that's the projected date!.....Sigh....
27 mins?!! Dang girl. I wish I could've done that!
We are planning a HB this time too Birth Center was a wonderful experience but this time around I would just love to go into labor at home and stay home. Having our baby brought earthside in our home that is filled with love would be an amazing thing.

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #73
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hilary Any luck with that Opk?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #74
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Grrr I ordered 50 hpts and had them shipped to my old house I had an address forwarding thing with the post office so why didn't they get delivered to me?!
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #75
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferaj072806 View Post
Hilary Any luck with that Opk?
Blah. Negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+3 View Post
Grrr I ordered 50 hpts and had them shipped to my old house I had an address forwarding thing with the post office so why didn't they get delivered to me?!
I did the exact same thing. I still got them but it took an extra week.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #76
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nickel-Lame. I've done though too with Diapers. I get mad at myself every time.

Jen-It was 27min of pure H*ll. I went from inconsistent & uncomfortable contractions, to full blown transition. I was so out of control I hated it. I was scared and just kept thinking I can't do it anymore. At one point I'm literally crying to my midwife telling her the contractions just don't stop. Between crying and puking, it was horrible! Then on top of it, I could feel the midwife a little freaked out things went so fast, and the nurses not knowing what to do because the midwife was lost, then I start pushing without trying and the nurses are like, NO your only 4cm (that's what I was when my water broke), to the midwife saying, here comes the baby!

Hilary-I looked at HB midwives, but they are $$$ here. The min. was 4000. Compared to a free hospital birth. DH was so against it due to money!

What does midcycle spotting mean? (No associated with O'ing?)
I've been spotting and I've never had midcycle spotting. It's VERY light, and only when I wipe.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #77
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Jen-It was 27min of pure H*ll. I went from inconsistent & uncomfortable contractions, to full blown transition. I was so out of control I hated it. I was scared and just kept thinking I can't do it anymore. At one point I'm literally crying to my midwife telling her the contractions just don't stop. Between crying and puking, it was horrible! Then on top of it, I could feel the midwife a little freaked out things went so fast, and the nurses not knowing what to do because the midwife was lost, then I start pushing without trying and the nurses are like, NO your only 4cm (that's what I was when my water broke), to the midwife saying, here comes the baby!

Hilary-I looked at HB midwives, but they are $$$ here. The min. was 4000. Compared to a free hospital birth. DH was so against it due to money!

I've been spotting and I've never had midcycle spotting. It's VERY light, and only when I wipe.
Would you be eligible for Medicaid? Where are you located? The Only reason it is an option for us is because Medicaid covers here.

Oh and that sucks about the pure hell thing. I remember thinking I couldn't do it and was screaming during the last 10mims

Last edited by jenniferaj072806; 01-05-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #78
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Yeah I was living in Mendocino when I had DS and it was 3000. We're in Va now and theres a homebirth midwife who takes medicaid thankfully! We managed to scrounge up the cash last time but it's not cheap. Have you looked into apprentice midwives? They often charge like half price and still have a licensed midwife at the actual birth to oversee.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #79
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething

Yeah I was living in Mendocino when I had DS and it was 3000. We're in Va now and theres a homebirth midwife who takes medicaid thankfully! We managed to scrounge up the cash last time but it's not cheap. Have you looked into apprentice midwives? They often charge like half price and still have a licensed midwife at the actual birth to oversee.
Who is the midwife? Where in va? That's where I grew up, northern va and my mom was a doula for 20 years. She was actually the 3rd doula certified by DONA! She did hospital and hb with midwives.
menthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #80
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hilary-That's awesome! I have no idea where to even find an apprentice midwife.

Jenn-Medi-cal doesn't over HB here. There is a free standing birth center down the street from that accepts medi-cal, but I have Kaiser now, so that's not an option for me. My midwife at Kaiser had all water home births, so I know she understands. I adore her. I wish she could come to my house and be my doula or something. I'm not sure CNM are allowed to attend home births here. I think it's just LM's are something.

I'm having on heck of a time ordering DD's first birthday outfit. Etsy confusing the daylights out of me. I found a few people that I like their stuff, but one was a little cocky in her emails, and another I'm confused on her price and listings, although her emails are nice! Another is $70, but matches the shoes I wanna get her.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote