Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #111
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: ****January**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
Hi everyone,

Well Sarah is going to send me some eggs to hatch, getting the incubator tomorrow. But I have to come up with the shipping now. I had a lady tell me she was going to send me PP for the yarn I am selling, and then she flaked out on me I am so dissapointed. I hope someone else buys it by tomorrow. I was hoping to set by Monday. URG! Love the corner nest boxes!

And I still have boys to get rid of...they are being little terrors.
Aw I'm so sorry. Fodie If you ever want eggs, you are more than welcome to mine as well. I can't afford the whole shipping either ($16, good grief!) but if you want to split it with me I would be happy to send you either all EE "mutts" or purebred if you wanted to wait a little longer for me to collect them. I only have two that are laying well right now, the other two are waffling in the cold. Boogers. I can get about 2 dozen in a box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I had to grab Ray!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! He said he'd make me one!!!! Yay! I really love it. I can't believe I have never seen that or thought of it! Wow! Would that work for you? Stacked?

I'm so sorry Fodie! I wish I had the money. I really wish I could just drive them over. Maybe someone will see it tonight and snatch it up!

We are forcasted around 4 inches on snow in our area tomorrow! They are never right, but we are compleatly overdue! Wouldn't that be awsome!
Wow, I wish we'd gotten snow! We had about a week of really hard freezing temps where it didn't defrost for about 6 days. Awesome for my garden, not so awesome for the critters and me standing out there several times a day breaking water bowls thru again.

Sarah I'm glad it helped! I thought that was pretty darn neat! Yeah, I might be able to talk dh into some of these too, although he'd like to make it so we can access the eggs from outside the coop too. I'm plum out of coop space. They really should be on the outside I guess.

ETA: ugh, now dh wants me to keep Fred until one of the littles is big enough to take over. He doesn't want our girls to be without the direction of a roo. Problem is, I don't want to get attached to one of these guys, though the little bearded one cracks me up. Oh well. Guess I'm keeping him until I can replace him with a AM roo.

Advertisement

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 01-16-2013 at 09:20 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #112
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All the schools were canceled and now I think we arn't getting the snow. We need snow! Poor boys didn't sled last year either! We hs now anyways, lol. So, unless the internet or power goes out, Cayden stuck with me doing work, lol. Poor kid!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #113
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Aw, booo!! It's gorgeous here today. 56 degrees and gentle breeze, it's like a dreamy fall day. Gonna do my workout and then find things to do putting around the garden.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #114
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jealous! I would love 56 as opposed to 18...ack cold sucks. I figure if it's going to be cold then there may as well be snow.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #115
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Oh we've paid our dues, the last 7 days we spent with those temps. No snow here either, just bitter wind. NO thank you! You can have it back. LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #116
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All this excitmet on the local news and crappy weather and it 100% misses us! Just some frozen rain, bad wind, more rain, and bitter cold. It's cold enought to snow, but it's rain! Grrrr.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #117
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I want two like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I LOVE it! They are so simply designed, BUT appear to be exceptional for function! I really like the design. I think it would work perfect.
I can confirm that hoop huts work very well. I have one for my goats--open front and butted up against the garage-- and it's nice and warm in there even though it's COLD outside. I just used that black plastic paint protector sheeting so my grand total was $5 since I already had cattle panels. I used plastic soda bottles to make solar lights that add a little more heat.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.

Last edited by Squeaky McMurdo; 01-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #118
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
I can confirm that hoop huts work very well. I have one for my goats--open front and butted up against the garage-- and it's nice and warm in there even though it's COLD outside. I just used that black plastic paint protector sheeting so my grand total was $5 since I already had cattle panels. I used plastic soda bottles to make solar lights that add a little more heat.
Sweet! Thanks!

Sarah, my cousins in Knoxville are getting snow, still nothing for you? Leanne said it was a really bizarre storm b/c it's thundering while snowing!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #119
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, thunder snow. Missed us my a hair, and I do mean a hair! <toung out>

The news crew just took abreak live and all piled outside for a snowball fight. The weatherman is out there making snow-cream. I wanted to make some for the boys! We thought about driving over, but the roads are shutting down. They were scared the pouring rain would wash all salt away so now they are paying for it! Gr.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #120
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Aw I know, my boys are itching for snow too. Wyatt's never really seen it.