Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #181
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: ****January**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Fodie I would not keep him. I think that may have been my error, I kept the under dog and without the other ones to shame him, he got ballsy (little dude syndrome) and started attacking me and the kids. Keep the one that stays out of your way and has the characteristics that you would like to see in future generations. If I'd been smart, I would have kept the one that had better leader qualities and the appearance I wanted in my future chickens.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #182
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Liz, that is what Adam thought too! I am in denial, he is beautiful. His legs are not the typical slate or green like on most eggers, but like a lavender/blueish color with these toenails that are really yellow. It's so odd, I have never seen that. I have a couple favorites, Adam had to cull one the other night because he attacked me, kicked me in the face and bit me too. He bit Adam as well. He hunts pheasants so you can imagine how he did it. I didn't feel bad, he scared the s**t out of me :/ Getting the humidity thingamabob tonight now that I finally have some dang money!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #183
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Fodie the ones that respect you now and that the hens respect will always maintain their place. I know it's hard, I hate the idea that I'm going to have to do it to Fred because you've seen him, he's gorgeous. But he's also a a-hole and he'll pass that down to his offspring too. He's attacked all of my kids and me. Please tell me he wrung it's neck and didn't waste a bullet on it. LOL Did he clean it for you, are you gonna eat them?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #184
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Going to try and process a couple. But not all, I don't have enough freezer space and Adam doesn't even like chicken (he's weird). Oh I just candled a few eggs real quick and they are veining! Super cool!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #185
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate waiting to have money to get something you really need, like dang peepers! Sogladyou are able to get it!!! Yay!!! You'll LOVE it. Like I said, I have 2. I think Liz has the same one. I see them on chicken supply sites for way more. I LOVE the recorded daily high/low readings!!!!! Lets you know if you had a spike, yikes.

I wouldn't keep him, even though I have a major soft spot for the underdogs. If it was an itty, prob, but not as old as you describe.

I would have wrung it's neck too!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #186
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 01-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #187
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Doesn't like chicken! But have you tried home grown yet? I haven't eaten ours but I'm betting it tastes a heck of a lot better than the stuff I bought from the grocery that's been coated in stuff and frozen for a month before you buy it! Plus... who doesn't love chicken n dumplings. Congratulations on the babies!!!!

Afm, the mama I'm getting my AM eggs from's chickens are struggling in the cold y'all are having. Kinda a bummer but I'm hoping this will work out in the end because my silkie eggs aren't supposed to ship till 2/11. So itchy for new babies!! LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #188
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, I'm on hold as well. Talked to her today. The wheatens have stopped compleatly. I'm really wanting the lav eggs! I only got the 2 and the other 2 hatched blk, with the lav gene which is AWSOME!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #189
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

How do you know if they carry the lav gene?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #190
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One parent was lav, the other was black. Lav is like white, it's recessive.