Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #271
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Congrats Liz!

I'd say you were fine if you did all the same breed. As long as you didn't add any timid breeds later. I only had 1 blrw whom turned out to be a roo. Super sweetie! Prob cause the girls picking on him!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #272
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

the other Sarah that has Ameraucanas is going to send me some lavendars this week too! yippee! She got one wheaten egg this am that she's going to send in hopes I'll get the roo I wanted from it. sounds funny hoping for a boy. LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #273
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
My Wyandottes are pretty meek, they get along with the EE's pretty well. I might just be lucky though.
We have only had one aggresive Wyandotte in our life. She was supper delicious too! LOL
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #274
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
With as many roos as you have around who would dare get out of of line?
Right? Little peckerheads, and for some reason hubby hasn't "taken care" of them yet...maybe he as a heart afterall!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #275
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
We have only had one aggresive Wyandotte in our life. She was supper delicious too! LOL
yeah "olivia" was a pretty tasty gold wyandotte. LOL "pearl" has shaped up since Olivia went out in a crate and didn't come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
Right? Little peckerheads, and for some reason hubby hasn't "taken care" of them yet...maybe he as a heart afterall!
LOL! Not my dh... he'd see nothing but walking drumsticks. The kids keep trying to name the cull roos I'm fattening and dh keeps saying sure you can name them! This one's extra crispy, this one's kentucky fried and this one's "n'dumplins".
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #276
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

woohooo! Took a little longer to get the incubator dialed in this time, I'd made some modifications since the first time I used it but I'm running at 99.5-100 now and holding 42% humidity. A mason jar of water in front of the thermostat made a huge difference. Looks like all my baby egglets should be here within a couple days of each other so fingers crossed I will be able to put them all in at once!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #277
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

and since I'm talking to myself, I love most chicken people, but I get really damn tired of the snotty rants people post about how easter eggers are NOT ameraucanas, and that they're mongrels, mutts, accidental. Really. Then tell me how all these people across the nations managed to replicate the exact "mongrel" that lays a blue egg and has a beard. Not only that, but despite lacking a specific color pattern they breed true. Hm. Something stinks. Who the he-double hockey sticks cares if your chicken cost more because it's "purebred". You mean it breeds true and lays a blue egg? Well whattayaknow... so does mine. End rant. LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #278
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ya'll crack me up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
and since I'm talking to myself, I love most chicken people, but I get really damn tired of the snotty rants people post about how easter eggers are NOT ameraucanas, and that they're mongrels, mutts, accidental. Really. Then tell me how all these people across the nations managed to replicate the exact "mongrel" that lays a blue egg and has a beard. Not only that, but despite lacking a specific color pattern they breed true. Hm. Something stinks. Who the he-double hockey sticks cares if your chicken cost more because it's "purebred". You mean it breeds true and lays a blue egg? Well whattayaknow... so does mine. End rant. LOL
I just had this rant, lol. I let loose on Sarah about her Am's. Dang snobs! Even the EE site is kinda tough on the subject. I think it's more of a defensive thing though. Blah blah is all I have to say about those people. Am's are great about mixed unexpected colors. Why discriminate again the ones that pop out not those cpl allowed colors? It's shamefull is what it is. Just like going to a dog show, people so serious and uppity. Animals make us nuts! That's why I left the amimal med field and moved on to people. People were just as hard to work with in peds though!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #279
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

yeah she and I had that gripe- about too. There's only one reason that these people get so defensive even though their beloved "purbred" birds ARE related to EE's, and that's the money they're making off that title. Period.

ETA: and I think I'm gonna have to steer clear of this website today because apparently twtwaffle tuesday is in full swing and I'm going to find it very hard not to say anything to these jerks today. GRR..

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 02-05-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #280
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly in my opinion EE's are much more interesting. You get these cute little bearded babies, and all the sudden *boom* a few weeks later they look entirely different. Trying to guess what they will look like as adults is impossible. Whereas with true "Ameracauna's" they don't change a lot. There are only 8 'accepted' colors. I also have heard that many judges at these big poultry shows have mistaken EE's for Ameracaunas. Go figure.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote