Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #471
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Oh no feel better soon mama

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #472
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I got everything! Tomorrow after work DS and I are heading into the city. My Gma had a heart attack so I want to see her and DS has a Dr appointment at 8am Friday, so this way we won't have to get up so early Friday, we'll stay at my parents. And we'll pick the chicks up on our way home! I'm so excited now that I have everything all ready!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #473
RJ6Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Denise get a big bag of pine shavings so that you can change them often. They get smelly in a very short time. When the litter is dirty, throw it on your compost heap. It's great for the garden.

Snowed here last night, we got about 2-3" The chickens didn't want to walk in it this morning. It's starting to melt now, we'll be getting more later on today if it doesn't warm up too much - or rain. I'll take either. So glad for this weather for my garden!
We got a few inches of snow here to. Maybe we live near each other.
Erin married to Justin since 3/2/02 , EBF, CDing, BWing, vaxing, SAHM to 7 Kids, 6 on earth and 1 in heaven. Ruben James 9/10/99 , Robert Justin 10/5/02 , Rebecca Joy 12/5/03 , Raychel Jolee 3/30/05 , **Russell Jack RIP 12/14/06**, Rylan Josiah 7/3/08 , Ramsee Jayce 4/24/11
RJ6Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #474
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

A local farm friend has offered to help us learn to process our chickens....we are gonna do it Sunday. Probably 2 drakes and 2 roos
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #475
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well I got everything! Tomorrow after work DS and I are heading into the city. My Gma had a heart attack so I want to see her and DS has a Dr appointment at 8am Friday, so this way we won't have to get up so early Friday, we'll stay at my parents. And we'll pick the chicks up on our way home! I'm so excited now that I have everything all ready!
So sorry to hear about your grandma! I hope she's recovering well. I'm excited for you! When I brought my first group of chicks home I sat and just watched them for hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ6Mommy View Post
We got a few inches of snow here to. Maybe we live near each other.
I'm in the high desert, so cal. I was looking at the radar, I think most of our state got hit with the exception of maybe the lower beaches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
A local farm friend has offered to help us learn to process our chickens....we are gonna do it Sunday. Probably 2 drakes and 2 roos
Mel you said you had 7 to process, right? I'd take them all. First they'll do a couple in front of you to demonstrate and show you the right way. Then you'll need to do a couple yourself to get the feel for it. It's as much work to set up for 2 as it is for 10 and once you're going assembly style it's quick esp. with a few people's help. Plus, I don't know about anyone else but it was mentally exhausting for dh and I the first time ( butchering an animal) and I was grateful to be done for a while.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #476
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I bet ya'all thought I died. I have been very very busy with the business, and our chickie a have been behaving themselves lol. We added cat food to their diet for winter and added a red heat lamp for the winter, and we instantly begin to get between 4-6 eggs a day. From 6 chickens!
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #477
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Becky!!!! Glad you are back. Good news about the girls! YAY!!! Did the picking stop when you added cat food?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #478
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll catch up later, just wanted to show ya what we got done yesterday. Roofing and a little paint. Got it outside though. Now we have to finish paint, fencing, and put in it's place. Dang battery in the tractor is dead, won't jump or charge. Gotta figure something out. PB still messing up with the switch. AHHH, change.

Me all dorky trying to stay warm. This is that georgious chick I had from the first batch. She's 4 months now. Perfect feet!!!!!!!! So sweet too!

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #479
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh my gosh sarah that looks awesome! Did ou and dh come up with the plans on your own?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #480
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

That looks great Sarah!!! My belly is getting so big that when we are both out DH squeezes into my coveralls and I wear his They're a lot heavier but they fit over my baby bump, I'm sure we both look ridiculous