Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #511
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Alrighty, day 7 and we have 16 beautiful developing eggs. The other 4 were clear. Now we wait. LOL! Oh and good news, I have 3 EE's laying. I got 3 creams and 1 green and 3 blue. I love colored eggs! And the chickies are fantastic too. I will post pics of them soon. I love your babies Denise! Awww.

Advertisement

Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #512
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Denise, great job hun! You're a great chicken Moma. They are soooo precious!

Liz, cool. Can I get a link to the attatchment? Love to check it out!

Fodie, great numbers!!!! PICS!!!!!!

AFM-Got the coop in place today and bottom wire and skirting attatched. So tired. Tom morn we touch-up paint, level (final), install the glass, andddddd start the run if there is time!!! Wooo! The pvv inner feeder have to wait till next month. That's ok though. As does power.

New news about the silkies. Rachael said she had tried sever batches of the lav silkies and hasn't been able to keep them alive, very fragile. She has a breeding pen of black and splash hens with a cuckoo over them. She also a lav split amer!!!!!

I may be changing my order? She has a cpl month old lav am pullet too. I asked for a pic.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #513
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

It does seem like the silkies are hard to incubate. I was thinking about seeing if there's locals that have them. I'm not far from Norco, CA where there's quite a bit of farming. I could pick up some babies when I visit my BFF!

This is what I got, It's really well made! I know you can make them from pvc and the big rubber tie thingies but what can I say, that sounded like way too much headache and then the cap splits really easily from what I saw watching vids on youtube when you're drilling for the rubber things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230834477980...84.m1439.l2649
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #514
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think Grace is going to make it We went to look at vans and got home, stay was sprawled out in the box. I thought she was gone. I think she's barely there. Not barely moving, just a tiny bit took the sugar water. I'm so sad.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #515
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Oh mama I'm so sorry.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #516
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And she's gone. I'm probably pregnant and extra emotional but I'm glad I atleast got to hold her when she went. I really think that lady just gave me whatever she had because I wanted more even though she knew it maybe wasn't doing well. You think I should email her?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #517
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Aw, well at least it was fast. YES, absolutely you should email her and tell her she's not been well since you picked her up and mention poopy bum chick too. That' unacceptable.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #518
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry you lost her, it's so rough to loose our critters.
Had a lovely egg burrito tonight. I've been sick off and on (pretty much just on though) for three weeks now. I really haven't felt like eating much. Nothing sounds appealing to me. Tonight I made up the burrito, and wow did it hit the spot. Maybe if I had thought to eat more eggs I would have gotten better quicker. Maybe not, but at least I would have been full. So thanks to my hens for making my tummy happy after a long spell of it being unhappy.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #519
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
Aw, well at least it was fast. YES, absolutely you should email her and tell her she's not been well since you picked her up and mention poopy bum chick too. That' unacceptable.
She basically just said 'it happens'. :-/
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #520
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
It does seem like the silkies are hard to incubate. I was thinking about seeing if there's locals that have them. I'm not far from Norco, CA where there's quite a bit of farming. I could pick up some babies when I visit my BFF!

This is what I got, It's really well made! I know you can make them from pvc and the big rubber tie thingies but what can I say, that sounded like way too much headache and then the cap splits really easily from what I saw watching vids on youtube when you're drilling for the rubber things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230834477980...84.m1439.l2649
Gotta show Ray!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
And she's gone. I'm probably pregnant and extra emotional but I'm glad I atleast got to hold her when she went. I really think that lady just gave me whatever she had because I wanted more even though she knew it maybe wasn't doing well. You think I should email her?
Oh sweetheart! I'm soooo sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
So sorry you lost her, it's so rough to loose our critters.
Had a lovely egg burrito tonight. I've been sick off and on (pretty much just on though) for three weeks now. I really haven't felt like eating much. Nothing sounds appealing to me. Tonight I made up the burrito, and wow did it hit the spot. Maybe if I had thought to eat more eggs I would have gotten better quicker. Maybe not, but at least I would have been full. So thanks to my hens for making my tummy happy after a long spell of it being unhappy.
I didn't know you were so sick hun. Eggs are great at keeping down. After Cayden's stomach surg, that's what he got after the liquids. Stay well Moma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
She basically just said 'it happens'. :-/
You have got to be kidding me!!!!!! BS-pardon me. Silkies very fragile so I just found out, but that's what she summed it up as! I bet anything she sold before you got there thinking you may not come, had some weak ones left and pawned them onto you to care for. That's unethical.

I have decided no silkies! They are too hard to hatch, care for, and bring to breeding age. I'm not ready for that kind of challenge! I really wanted some of Rachaels, but I can't. CJ's won't even ship them untill they are older because of being so fragile, and now Heather and Rachael say the same. I thought it was to sex them. I misunderstood. it was a life issue.

I dunno.

Today we finish the coop and keep my mind occupied I guess.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote