Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #531
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelinoad View Post
Hey ladies

I'll be joining you soon! Someone's custom making us a coop and on the first we are getting 8 chicks from the local feed store

So excited! We've wanted this for years but finally love somewhere we can have them free range

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.
Welcome to the flock :wave2:

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #532
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yeah! congrats Beth! Do you know what kind of chicks you're going to get or are you going to decide when you get there?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #533
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well when DSD came home this morning she was devastated. I felt horrible that I had to rush the kids right out to door for the bus but I told her we'd talk more about it when we get home.
The rest seem great today, I got a big gerbil water thing like Fodie pictured, but I need to drill some holes in the sides of my rubbermaid to make it work better, so hopefully I can do that tonight.
So I'm planning on getting a few EEs from the farm store, they'll have them in 2 weeks. I keep them separate until they're about the same size right?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #534
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My internet is beimg a turd so I can't use my computer. And typing on my phone is torture. I collected 4 eggs so far today! One was a massive blue double yoker. Eggs are doing great and the chickies are growing so fast. I think the blue coch might be a boy though I'll know for sure in a few weeks.catch up soon!
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #535
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3923422791.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	135196

Yay!!! Finally! After such a long time (remember our first round of chicks ended up all bring roosters, wth?!!!!) now we have eggs! Only a couple of the girls are laying. The barred rock for sure and one of the cuckoo marans and possibly one of the cochins. Waiting on the other girls to get going! yippee!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #536
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Yeah! congrats Beth! Do you know what kind of chicks you're going to get or are you going to decide when you get there?
No clue its a preorder so maybe we choose when we pick up? Not sure! We want a variety so that we can see breed we prefer!

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #537
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
Attachment 135196

Yay!!! Finally! After such a long time (remember our first round of chicks ended up all bring roosters, wth?!!!!) now we have eggs! Only a couple of the girls are laying. The barred rock for sure and one of the cuckoo marans and possibly one of the cochins. Waiting on the other girls to get going! yippee!
Gorgeous!!! Did you get your first batch from a hatchery?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #538
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on the eggs Fodie and Natasha! I hope you get to pick out what you want Beth!

Ugh, if the first 18 days don't seem long enough, these last 3 days of the hatch are TORTURE!! LOL Esp when I want all of the babies to hatch so badly.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #539
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Congrats on the eggs Fodie and Natasha! I hope you get to pick out what you want Beth!

Ugh, if the first 18 days don't seem long enough, these last 3 days of the hatch are TORTURE!! LOL Esp when I want all of the babies to hatch so badly.
Shhh, I am dying over here and it is just day 2 of incubation! Oh my goodness this is gonna take FOREVER!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #540
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I need to get that brooder ready today, urgghhh! Dh has swiped all my totes I was using, I guess I'll be either buying a new one or looking for a big box.