Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #701
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
Hi ladies! We've had chickens for awhile and are thinking about trying some Buckeyes. Anyone have any experience with this breed?
I have 3 that I hated, lol. Now I'm in love. They have avery curious and quirky persionality. Awsome hearty gals and great layers. Love to forrage. I have 1 chick with more eggs in the bator from a breeder. Hers are pets and very friendly. Mine have calmed down, but used to be nothing but trouble. I think most people would love them if they have the ability to free range and keep them occupied.

Fodie, my bators are in the bathroom and I keep a humidifier in there for emergencies. I can turn the exause fan on if needed too. I like how I have the room in there and can controll the enviroment.

Liz, are you Positive the nest was empty? Did she suck it in? I have gals I watch and then they don't lay and even sing after. It happens almost daily atm. I figured the weather. Is her poo green? She may not have had time to suck it up.

AFM_ Dove layed!!!!!!! It's a whopper for her first and her size, guessing cause her Moma is one of my big gals. haha!

My dove!

Please ignore the diaper pinned jacked :rotfl:

Assorted red chicks:
And the red in back is the lonely buckeye.

Lemon blue cochin cockeral. AKA: The brass leaking through!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #702
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

OH my gosh Sarah she is beautiful!!!!! No I'm positive it was her egg, I saw the others in the nest, and hers was still hot. No green poop that I saw. It's just weird! LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #703
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fodie, it's just because the lower humidity allows faster evaporation. I have good luck with them though. I just had a day 18 pip and she hatched day 19. Healthy little chunk. She has 1 more day till she can join the others. poor baby. I set only the 1.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #704
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Liz, it may not have gone in then. After you drip she will need to have time to pucker up kinda and when she does that is will go in. Then you add a bit more. She will have green poos everywhere, hehe. I'd try again. It prob just ran down.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #705
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

That's the thing, she did and i put a good 1/2 dropper full in her! I did it late evening, may have to try again in the morning, early next time.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #706
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's weird. Hope it does the trick this time. I had it last over a week with Harmony once. The norm is 3 days for them though. Not sure why it didn't work for you. I wonder if she had a big bm just after and PPPPPassed it all. I hold them hiney up for a bit to help the gravity effect on drawing it in.

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 03-07-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #707
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh my gosh... funniest typo EVER. Had to read that twice because my jaw hit the floor.

Maybe green doesn't work. I'm working with limited dye here, all I had was red, green and yellow. Oh well, I'm not setting a TON of mine, I have 8 and I think with the 22(ish) I already have that's probably good.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #708
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHHHHHH!!!! Ray and I are laughing out off! Fixed it, had bum on the mind I guess, hehehehe!!

Sorry!

Yellow and red mix and make a kinda orange and it won't work, red is dangerious, the darks are good. My fav is blue and green. They are norm good and dark. I just can't explain it. She had to have pooed just after. I still can't believe there were no lines on it. I get that a lot. Like pen lines. Fodie I believe got lots with coloring, lol. It may have been Joy?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #709
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Too funny. I thought wow that's a little crude for Sarah! She must have pooped it all out. That's the only way I can explain it. I turned the egg all around. Even looked at the others even though I was sure it was hers!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #710
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man I missed the typo! Haha. You'll have to explain. We have 1 baby we woke up to this morning and 11 more pipped.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote