Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #171
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - January Chatter!

Ugh, taxes. I'm so over figuring the stuff out already, and I've barely even started. It doesn't help that I have to do it for Luke who's self-employed AND an entire grocery and hardware store. UGGGGGHHH. I have no idea where to even start with the work stuff!

Naomi, the freezer meals sound awesome! I really need to get a chest freezer. My freezer's always full, and pretty much with nothing.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #172
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Go Naomi!! I really need to do that as well. When we get our chest freezer out of storage I certainly plan on starting. Maybe not as ambitious as you, but still. lol

I'm still waiting on dh's stuff so I can start doing ours. I am scared that we will owe this yr! I hate taxes too.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #173
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Well we did them and I was pleased with our return. Being 'poor' does have its advantages I suppose. I put that in quotes because I really don't think we're poor. I read a shocking statistic that if you make $35,000 a year your are in the top 4% of the financial earners in the world. Our return is going to build an emergency fund and pay off debt. If we can stick with the plan we will be debt free in May 2014. That excites me.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #174
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awesome! Normally tax time makes me happy but dh worked a p/t job and no taxes were taken out. So I am worried about that. If we break even I will be happy. If we get a return I might do a jig! lol That would go towards upcoming property taxes, etc.

It's 9pm and I am so ready for bed. lol
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #175
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not looking forward to taxes this yr. We send them out to a family friend that has there own firm. I just have a feeling we will get slammed in taxes this yr. Dh seems to think we will not. I am not so sure. We will see what happens, either way it will all work out and I do not have to look at numbers.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #176
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We should get a decent return for taxes. At least, we are hoping so. Most of it will go to paying of the credit card. bleck. So lame, but that's what happens when you are not carefull with your spending. hence the freezer meals and once a month grocery shop. We got behind and the debt just grew and grew. so annoying. still, if we can pay off the credit card that would be amazing. any extra would be a nice little savings starter.

trying to catch up on house work today. tons of laundry and dishes. :P
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #177
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well last night Viv started having diarrhea and after going to bed ended up throwing up in her sleep. So she's home today from school. Seems to be fine now though. I hope so. Jeff had to clean it up last night, lol. Looks like it's going to rain all day here, with a tornado warning until 3pm. great. So I can't even send the kids outside. I need a nap already. Plus I was planning on going to the store tonight but if the rain keeps up I'm not going anywhere. I must have been a cat in a prior life b/c I do not like getting wet outside, unless it's in a pool.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #178
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
Well last night Viv started having diarrhea and after going to bed ended up throwing up in her sleep. So she's home today from school. Seems to be fine now though. I hope so. Jeff had to clean it up last night, lol. Looks like it's going to rain all day here, with a tornado warning until 3pm. great. So I can't even send the kids outside. I need a nap already. Plus I was planning on going to the store tonight but if the rain keeps up I'm not going anywhere. I must have been a cat in a prior life b/c I do not like getting wet outside, unless it's in a pool.
Vanessa, sorry for the sick kiddo. In with ya, I can't stand to be rained on. Light drizzle is one thing but trying to get out with kids in rain is a PAIN.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #179
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--I know what you mean about the tax return going to things like that--It is no fun! But it will be well worth it! Don't beat yourself up about it.

Vanessa sorry about the sickies.

We are suppose to get the Tornado weather overnight! FUN! So I got the helmets out and the alerts all sett on our phones bc for the life of me I do not know how to work the stupid weather radio!

I signed up to get email notifications from fit pregnancy and I got an email today welcoming into the 3rd trimester!!! I was like "WHAT!"

Getting over the worst head cold of my life!!!! It was probably a sinus infection but I do not want antibiotics--not a fan. Besides no PC dr around here I could even go to bc well it is not good. So I would have to drive hrs away to see a dr and NO THANK YOU!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #180
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow Alison! Can't believe you are that far along already!! I feel for you on the head cold. Every pg I get it bad towards the end. I hate it!! Like I'm not miserable enough.

I was checking the weather and it's calling for poss snow tonight as well. So rain, tornado and snow all in the same day! lol