Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #41
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - January Chatter!

Levi is finally walking full time! 16 months old. He took long enough. here's my filthy baby.

We also had a checkup, he's 26lbs and 33inches. The doctor told me that I needed to get rid of the paci so he doesn't have the same problem Jake does..

My 4 year old has a Oral Sensory Disorder. He eats EVERYTHING non food. he'll chew though electrical wiring, eats paper, eats plastic toys, chews on all his sleeves/shirts and chews holes in them..

His issues are not caused by the fact he had a paci at 3 years old. Actually, I'm planning on buying him a chew toy, and i kinda wish I never got rid of his paci, we might not have ruined so many electronics. lol she kinda irritated me. In that sense, Levi will have that paci until he's 15. lol

I didn't get a chance to read everything yet, hope everyone is doing good!

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #42
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Peyton is still not walking but she walks holding on or holding hands or ---actually walks on her knees with body upright!?

Blu pits things in his mouth ALL THE TIME! We told him we are going to stop feeding him bc he eats shirts and he can eat shirts. He chilled out with the shirts but I constintly have to tell him to get a toy out of his mouth.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #43
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Yay for walking ( and sorta walking!). That's some serious chewing! You have to be on your toes, huh? I'd be keeping the bink too. Evan was my only child that self weened off the binky. I was truly amazed. He does like to suck/chew on his lovely sometimes at night though.

I know some of you may still be bf'ing (bravo!!!) but for those who aren't, are you still using a bottle? He is just now taking to sippy cups. I am ready for the bottle to go away.

Yesterday was nothing but laundry day and some closet purging/organizing. still have lots of laundry to do today, plus grocery shop. Some days the everyday stuff just overwhelms me. Not because there's too much, I just feel like I'm in a time warp or something. I really need warmer weather soon. lol I am tired of being stuck in the house. I am going to start using my jogging stroller 2x/wk after I drop Lauren off at preK and hopefully on the wknds when dh is home. I think part of my problem is that he's been gone so much lately. I feel like a single parent. IDK how military wive do it!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well now I have the flu and my period. This should be interesting. LOL
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #45
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #46
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy
Well now I have the flu and my period. This should be interesting. LOL
Oh no! I dealt with the same thing, gah!!! Hang in there friend
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hallie I hope your on the mend soon! The flu stinks!!

Jenn, sounds like Levi is growing! I was never in a hurry to take the paci away. My older two showed readiness at different ages. Now, ask me how to stop a thumb sucker and I'm clueless. Ds3 turned 5 last week and he's still an avid thumb sucker. :/

Vanessa, we are still nursing but my ds2 was formula/bottlefed and we switched from bottle to cup full time at about 16 months.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 01-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #48
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks girls, melissa.
I am using garlic oil and warm cloth on my ears a they are clogged ...and i dont want an ear infection! Taking some of micahs antibiotics too..
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #49
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Brynn still uses a pacifier...not taking it away anytime soon. She has officially weaned. Made it to a little over 16 months, so I can't complain.

I took Grace to the pediatrician today to have her eczema looked at since it was getting really bad. She said she has seen about 20 confirmed cases of the flu this year alone (there are 8 other doctors and practitioners, so there have actually been more) as opposed to a couple of cases last year. She said of all those cases she's seen this year all but one had not received the flu shot. And that case was really mild. She said they are seeing Type A and B, and that this strain has been particularly miserable...fever and coughing for 7+ days. That's enough to make me get it every year forever!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #50
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace
Brynn still uses a pacifier...not taking it away anytime soon. She has officially weaned. Made it to a little over 16 months, so I can't complain.

I took Grace to the pediatrician today to have her eczema looked at since it was getting really bad. She said she has seen about 20 confirmed cases of the flu this year alone (there are 8 other doctors and practitioners, so there have actually been more) as opposed to a couple of cases last year. She said of all those cases she's seen this year all but one had not received the flu shot. And that case was really mild. She said they are seeing Type A and B, and that this strain has been particularly miserable...fever and coughing for 7+ days. That's enough to make me get it every year forever!
Aww Carrie, that's still bittersweet. Awesome you got to 16 months!!

I really hope we steer clear of the flu. I've already had two bouts of fever and horrid body aches but no tummy issues. I don't know if that was flu or what... We haven't done flu shots in years and have been very fortunate to not get it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote