Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #81
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - January Chatter!

Hello everyone, I'm on fb all the time but for some reason forget to check here. I can see this is still one of the chattiest groups on here
That playroom looks awesome!
We are potty training my 3 yr old this week and so far it's going well. I've been out of the house twice since Monday lol.
I'm hoping that my husband doesn't get the flu from a co-worker or something. We don't vax. The flumist is a live virus and there's so much mercury in the flu vaccine, I'd rather take my chances with the short term effects of the virus. When my mother did get the vaccine, she never failed to get the flu.
I'm trying to (still) make sense of this tiny house and am making slow progress.
Aunt Flo came to visit for the first time last month. I'm thinking I should be expecting it soon but nothing yet. Ellie is running and climbing on EVERYTHING! I have to pull the chairs away from tables so she can't climb up and clear the table/desk for me. She is still nursing a lot, especially at night after she wakes the first time at which point she joins me in bed.
I do not want to be pregnant yet. I seriously think I'd kill someone... lol too much insanity going on with not having enough space.
Ellie has recently transitioned to a toddler bed so that she'll actually let me put her down when she falls asleep the first time. I can partially lay with her for a second and then let go without her waking but the second I pulled her away from my torso to put her in the crib, she'd wake with a start. She still doesn't fall asleep on her own, which can be frustrating.

Ok, I really should get to bed now so I'll talk to you all later.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #82
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey Sabrina! I saw you post in the bw forum and was gonna pm you to say hi

Wow I can't believe Ellie is in a toddler bed! We're nowhere near that.... Though I think my ds2 was in a bottom twin bunk at 20 months. Which is way too close....lol.

Hey I think we should do a pic share for February. It will be the babies 18 months milestone and I think we're all due for some photo overload. So get a newbie pic and an 18 month pic to share next month!

Is everyone still cd'ing? I know you all know we're not. That darn bum of hers won't tolerate it. I put a pf and cover on her about three weeks ago out of curiosity and she refused to walk I think it felt weird.

Oh- so Harper is in love with Yo Gabba Gabba. Anyone else's house YGG obsessed?? My boys loved it and they started watching it again with Netflix since we cut cable and when it comes on she comes running from whatever were doing yelling GUBBA GUBBA!! She then proceeds to dance throughout the entire episode. Silly girl.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 01-11-2013 at 09:40 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #83
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes still cding here, I run out some and use spposies for when we go out...
But micah loves to sit on the frog potty in malachis room...he has yet to go on though, LOL its cute anyways.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #84
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy
Yes still cding here, I run out some and use spposies for when we go out...
But micah loves to sit on the frog potty in malachis room...he has yet to go on though, LOL its cute anyways.
We have the frog potty too! Harper has peed on it once and daily she poops, then runs to it asking to sit. Uh....a little late there

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #85
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Stacey, glad to hear all is well. Share some pics of that dgd! Awesome that your dd is tandem nursing. I'm so impressed when a mama so young breastfeeds, and she's nursing two?! Way to go!
Well, I was a LLL leader for 8 years; my girls don't really have a choice of whether or not to bf. I'm lucky they all see it as the norm since that is all they've been raised around, so they've never contemplated otherwise.

Tandem nursing is different though, and I'm quite proud of her for sticking it out with dgs. He was/is not ready to stop!

I'll post some pics when I'm on my computer next. I'm usually on my iPad and I can't post pics from the app anymore - SO aggravating! She is adorable!!
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #86
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We CD part time here and Ellie is still going strong on the nursing so no end in sight there. If I were to get pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if i ended up tandem with her.

Thanks Brittney!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #87
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Sabrina- Yay for pt'ing! Don't really blame you on not wanting to be pg right now. I know I wasn't prepared lol. Good for you for getting the toddler bed. We moved the girls early into beds and they did well. I can't imagine trying that with Evan though. I still have to rock him to sleep but lately I've been trying to put him down when he's just closed his eyes. Sometimes he will wake up but go to sleep with some patting.

Brittney- we are still cd'ing. I have found a happy medium with it. Night time and travel is sposies, but at home we only cd. It's not ideal, but it works and we are rarely out of the house. We are actually watching YGG! right now! We used to watch it non stop with the girls, but when we moved we didn't get back into it. Plus it was all reruns for awhile.

Stacey- good for her on the tandem nursing! I can never make it past teething. (early teethers) I am hoping this time I can make it to a yr though.

All the kids are coughing horribly now. ugh. But their energy levels are fine. I hope this passes quickly. Dh is at work today, and I think he might be gone all day tomorrow. sigh. He probably has to do some last minute work on a side job tonight too. I am tired of him being gone all the time. Especially when the kids are sick. I can't go anywhere, or do anything. I'd ask his mom to come over to watch the kids so I could go somewhere but her mom is in the hosp. So she doesn't need to take her any of our germs. (plus she's in the ob ward, b/c the hosp is so full right now. ) Don't want those newbs to be exposed to this stuff. sorry, I'm a bit whiny this morning. I am ready for some warm weather and sunshine!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #88
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harper has been throwing up since 5am. Guess we were not spared this year. No fever yet but a bit of lethargy and very needy. We'll see who is next.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #89
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still using cloth... she's never been in disposables, actually. It's just so normal to me now I can't imagine ever going back.

Stacey, I hope my kids feel the same way! I don't know if I could stand it if my kids didn't breastfeed with how strongly I feel about it. I tandem nursed for a little bit when my second was born but stopped after just a few months. My oldest was about 2 1/2 anyway so I didn't feel super bad about it.

Getting ready to go to a pool party! Woot! I'm thinking the hot tub with a glass of cold Lambrusco sounds amazing! Girls are going to Grampas tonight and we'll be watching the Packers playoff game.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #90
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww.. poor Harper. Seni had a bit of a fever last night so I was kind of worried but she seems ok today.