Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Weird dream last night

I had a dream last night that we were at the hospital having the baby but I ended up delivering the baby myself because the nurses didn't believe me the baby was coming. I pray that does not happen for real. I have babies so fast it is always a fear of mine. Of my three kids two were delivered by nurses because they came so fast. Does anyone else have this sam fear or am I just weird?

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weird dream last night

I'm the weird one who would WANT that to happen if I ever had to be in a hospital.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I've been having multiples dreams. One was me having a litter of babies- like 12 or something! lol Another was 6 and HGTV came and built an extra room on our house and tricked out our backyard. Super scary dream was that both my mom and mil got pg at the same time!! AAAHH!!!!

As far as the fear of delivering your own baby, what actually scares you about it? Maybe doing some research on u/s would help. I think every mama should be prepared for a situation like that anyways. Better to be prepared for a hb or in transit or whatever than in fear of not knowing what to do. imho.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018 View Post
I'm the weird one who would WANT that to happen if I ever had to be in a hospital.
This. But I doubt it would ever happen to me. My labor with DD2 was over 48 hours with 4 hours of pushing. LOL!
Kirra, mom to my three crazy girls, Maebelle (12/22/07) and Adelaide (2/26/10-my HBAC baby!) and Etta (8/7/13) and expecting little squish #4 (sometime in 4/16)
momto2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
This. But I doubt it would ever happen to me. My labor with DD2 was over 48 hours with 4 hours of pushing. LOL!
I am sorry about that. Was she a big baby?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I am sorry about that. Was she a big baby?
not huge... 8 lbs 6 ozs, but she had a nuchal hand...I'm SURE that's why the pushing took so long. Man was I tired after. :-)
Kirra, mom to my three crazy girls, Maebelle (12/22/07) and Adelaide (2/26/10-my HBAC baby!) and Etta (8/7/13) and expecting little squish #4 (sometime in 4/16)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
not huge... 8 lbs 6 ozs, but she had a nuchal hand...I'm SURE that's why the pushing took so long. Man was I tired after. :-)
Please tell me you had some drugs or something. It sounds extremely painful.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nuchal hands can make pushing longer for sure! I was "pushing" for like an hour if you count all the time I thought I was pushing. lol. Really I only pushed for like 15 minutes. Before that I was trying to not poop...and push at the same time. DOES NOT WORK. Once I decided to just poop and get it over with, he shot out. Funny how that works.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Please tell me you had some drugs or something. It sounds extremely painful.
She was born at home. It wasn't actually all that painful (my water didn't break until I was 9 1/2 cm...I've heard that its worse when your water is broken, but I have no comparison). It was just LONG and TIRING. I felt like I could sleep for a week straight after she was born.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh - and I totally second you getting familiar with "emergency" birth stuff. Not that birth is an emergency. Maybe then you will feel more prepared and not have crazy dreams. Biggest things - only push when you have the urge, apply counter pressure during crowning (so baby does not come out too fast) - and that is an urge most women will have naturally (to reach down and "protect" the clitoris and what not), do not pull or rotate baby (just support the head and body as it comes out), and don't pull on the cord at all - the placenta will plop out on its own, and no need to cut the cord or tie it off in any way. Those are the basics.