Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #121
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I was told by my midwife to stop exercising until my blood pressure evens out. I'm having drops whenever I stand up and it is skyrocketing when I do the slightest movement. Like I walked down the hall and my bp shot up to 140/60. Meh.
wow, that's kinda scary.

AFM, it's so gorgeous out today... I think after I work out I'm going to mess around in the garden. Feeling good today, still a little tight and sore in the biceps/chest but the soreness everywhere else is 200% better - woot! I hate yoga x tho... Is hard... I'm inflexible and weak. Makes for a pathetic "try".

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #122
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy
I don't understand though, because I have been nursing for almost 2 years, and last year, I had no problem losing weight while nursing Brooklyn. It's discouraging, but I read something today that talked about how when fat cells lose some fat, it gets replaced with water, and then all of a sudden it'll lose the water, and BOOM overnight you lose a couple pounds...that used to happen to my mom all. the. time. She'd be "stalled" for 2-3 weeks, then suddenly drop 8lbs overnight and it stayed off...so I'm hoping that's what's going on...
I was going to suggest that. Give it some more time and I am sure you will see a bigger loss.

Today has been a wash. Ate mostly healthy but had two brownies at my sisters earlier which puts me over my points and last night I ate like 20 mini sugar cookies from trader joes I just try and wake up everyday to a clean start and hope for a loss on Tuesday.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #123
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Things are going pretty well. I think I'm finally loosing again. I think excercise is the key for me. Now that I'm working out again, even if it's only 20 min. on a walking DVD it's something. I'm feeling better, I"m having more energy and I'm finally loosing! I'm down a lb. this morning. I don't think I'm going to log it until it's two days in a row, but I'm pretty excited. IDK, maybe I should log it. I really think it's going to stick this time. I've been 154.2 for several days and today I was down to 154.0 so that seems like it's sticking.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #124
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was down 1.8lbs last night. I feel like as long as I keep going down a bit, I can do this.
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #125
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Wohoo! Congrats mamas!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #126
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats on the losses!!

Today I met my sister at the mall and we walked around a bit but decided on lunch. We went to Moe's which I thought was healthier than fast food. Well, I got home and tracked my quesadilla and tortilla chips....... 32 points!!! So yeah I was out of points after that. I am hoping to just make it through the night. Just made a ton of veggies with low sodium soy sauce in my wok. I am actually really full and it should only be like 2 points for the sauce. If I am hungry later I will have to eat grapes or a kiwi.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #127
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've lost 3 1/2 lb since Tuesday =/ lol I think the key is not eating... I am making a pan of banana muffins, and I am going to nom them until I can't eat anymore.

Screw Paleo right now. I don't even care. I'm over it until I can stomach normal food again. I just want to eat something healthy and balanced that isn't junk.

ETA:
Sorry for being a downer <3 I'm just feeling bad for myself. My muffins turned out delicious, and I am working on #2.

Last edited by AmberP; 01-18-2013 at 03:57 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #128
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I've lost 3 1/2 lb since Tuesday =/ lol I think the key is not eating... I am making a pan of banana muffins, and I am going to nom them until I can't eat anymore.

Screw Paleo right now. I don't even care. I'm over it until I can stomach normal food again. I just want to eat something healthy and balanced that isn't junk.

ETA:
Sorry for being a downer <3 I'm just feeling bad for myself. My muffins turned out delicious, and I am working on #2.
Don't feel bad. During pregnancy you have to eat what you can stomach, try to get the max nutrition out of the things you can stomach, and not feel guilty. NO BODY who has ever been pregnant will fault you for it, because, we've been there. For me that nausea lasted until 18 weeks. I thought I was going to die, and I did loose over 25lbs. But it's ok. I felt bad so many times because when I could eat I didn't feel like eating all the healthy stuff. The only thing I felt like eating that was actually good for me was Carnation Instant Breakfast and fruit. I lived on that for 18 weeks. Trust me, you'll be fine, just get down what you can when you can and don't worry to much.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #129
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Yep, Amber, I agree with Laurel. Eat what you can. Pregnancy throws so many things out of whack.

AFM, Aunt Flo is here and kicking my butt. I was doing real well with the Coke and refined sugar thing, but now I am very seriously considering running up to the gas station for a Coke.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #130
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOHOOO!!!!! I'm down to 153.6!! Which means I get to officially log 154, and I've lost the first lb I've lost in 6 months!!! Come on little lb, STAY GONE!! I'm so excited. Excercise really is key for me! I've eaten pretty much right all this time and not lost an oz, now I'm working out again (and I"m doing super light workouts too!) but it somehow kickstarts me into loosing again. I LOVE being a Loser! Ok, day is all planned out, now to just stick with it. Still have to figure something out for dinner.