Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #131
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Wonderful!

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #132
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And in other good news, I did a great workout today, and am cleaning the house. Plus need to go shopping later so that will all add activity. I did the 3 mile walk on my DVD today, it was tough, 50 min. long and I burned 500 calories. And how do I know I burned so much? I finally have my HRM back! I feel so dumb! I've been without my heart rate monitor for almost 5 months. It just quit working one day. So for my birthday I told DH that I wanted him to fix it. He put it on and it worked, I put it on and it didn't. He changed batteries and tried a few things, put it on and it worked. Put it on me, and nothing. Finally this morning he asks, have you tried tightening the band? DUH!!!! It works great and probably has for the last 5 months. So now it's all reprogrammed to my new weight and working again! Yay!!! So off to clean, then headed to the nicklecade with the little guy, and then grocery shopping. Hopefully I'll still have energy this afternoon to try and get the house a little more organized so we can get to some things from the basement, and can at least move in our bedroom. Flood clean up crew is coming today, and will be tearing out sheet rock.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #133
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I ran across this and thought you ladies might enjoy. I was thinking it would be good with sweet potatoes so you got some good nutrition with it too. I love potato chips so this might help!
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...crowave-166718
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #134
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
And in other good news, I did a great workout today, and am cleaning the house. Plus need to go shopping later so that will all add activity. I did the 3 mile walk on my DVD today, it was tough, 50 min. long and I burned 500 calories. And how do I know I burned so much? I finally have my HRM back! I feel so dumb! I've been without my heart rate monitor for almost 5 months. It just quit working one day. So for my birthday I told DH that I wanted him to fix it. He put it on and it worked, I put it on and it didn't. He changed batteries and tried a few things, put it on and it worked. Put it on me, and nothing. Finally this morning he asks, have you tried tightening the band? DUH!!!! It works great and probably has for the last 5 months. So now it's all reprogrammed to my new weight and working again! Yay!!! So off to clean, then headed to the nicklecade with the little guy, and then grocery shopping. Hopefully I'll still have energy this afternoon to try and get the house a little more organized so we can get to some things from the basement, and can at least move in our bedroom. Flood clean up crew is coming today, and will be tearing out sheet rock.
LOL! That's too funny! Glad it works fine and you didn't have to spend any $$ to get a new one. Great job on a great burn too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #135
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on the loss, Laurel!

I was totally fed up with my weight not moving, so today I'm spiking. I've eating mostly just trail mix, but at least I'm doing it...I've been so afraid to spike, even though it resulted in massive weight loss last year when I did it...so I guess this will at least restore my leptin levels, and worse case scenario, I don't lose...oh wait, I'm not anyway. lol...I figure this will help if my issue is not eating enough calories to make up for what I'm pumping/bfing...because to be honest, B nurses like a freaking newborn now, and I'm still only adding 200 calories for her...I could probably add another 200 and STILL be safe...so fingers crossed this is what my body needs...I want to start running again so bad...I need that stress release again (because I'm not relieving stress any other way right now out of fear...tmi lol) I'll be 8 weeks Monday....too soon to run after a c-section? I'll be starting C25K again if I do...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #136
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
Congrats on the loss, Laurel!

I was totally fed up with my weight not moving, so today I'm spiking. I've eating mostly just trail mix, but at least I'm doing it...I've been so afraid to spike, even though it resulted in massive weight loss last year when I did it...so I guess this will at least restore my leptin levels, and worse case scenario, I don't lose...oh wait, I'm not anyway. lol...I figure this will help if my issue is not eating enough calories to make up for what I'm pumping/bfing...because to be honest, B nurses like a freaking newborn now, and I'm still only adding 200 calories for her...I could probably add another 200 and STILL be safe...so fingers crossed this is what my body needs...I want to start running again so bad...I need that stress release again (because I'm not relieving stress any other way right now out of fear...tmi lol) I'll be 8 weeks Monday....too soon to run after a c-section? I'll be starting C25K again if I do...
Not TMI at all! We're all mamas, we get it! Personally I would start with walking and go from there. At 8 weeks post c section there is no way I could have run. And my Dr. didn't give the go ahead to exercise until 12 weeks, but I think most get it sooner, I had complications. That's just what I would do though- walk for a week or so and make sure you're ready and then ease into it really slowly.

Last edited by slimy72; 01-20-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #137
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I weighed in at .6lbs lighter today!! I've never had a spike work that fast! =D I hope that kickstarts me back for steady losses now.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #138
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Not TMI at all! We're all mamas, we get it! Personally I would start with walking and go from there. At 8 weeks post c section there is no way I could have run. And my Dr. didn't give the go ahead to exercise until 12 weeks, but I think most get it sooner, I had complications. That's just what I would do though- walk for a week or so and make sure you're ready and then ease into it really slowly.
I've been walking for weeks now...Maybe I'll try a short run sometime this week...though my back hurts again this morning (idk why...hurt a few days ago, cleared up, and now it hurts again).
Old 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #139
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy
I weighed in at .6lbs lighter today!! I've never had a spike work that fast! =D I hope that kickstarts me back for steady losses now.
Awesome! That worked fast! ...I'd probably wait a bit longer to start running. After my last C the Dr cleared me to workout after 6 weeks but told me to take it really easy from what I remember. What if you just started out w some brisk walking and then eased into a slow paced jog?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #140
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post
Awesome! That worked fast! ...I'd probably wait a bit longer to start running. After my last C the Dr cleared me to workout after 6 weeks but told me to take it really easy from what I remember. What if you just started out w some brisk walking and then eased into a slow paced jog?

Lol...I should probably clarify my "running" is a slow jog...I figure I'll work at jogging a 5k first, then work to improve my time.