Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #141
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Virginia, if you feel up to it, go for it! I would just start slow.

Got up and did another long workout this morning. I have a three day weekend off work. SOOOO nice. Anyway, I've been eating under my calories every day. Although I have been eating back a lot of my workout cals, but not all. And yesterday I drank a TON of water (about 80-90 oz.) And what do I get for my weekend of staying on track? I'm back up a lb. What the heck!?! I didn't overeat, I didn't eat tons of sodium, why on earth did I gain? I waited my three days of weighing in below 154 to log it, and here today I am back at 154.6 which is where I started at on the first of the month. So frustrated. I'm so tired of being stalled. I really thought working out was the trick because for the first week+ I was seeing slow steady loss. And now, right back up. Uggg..... It's really hard to stay on track and keep trying to re-motivate myself to try again when It's been 5 months with no real loss.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #142
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Virginia, if you feel up to it, go for it! I would just start slow.

Got up and did another long workout this morning. I have a three day weekend off work. SOOOO nice. Anyway, I've been eating under my calories every day. Although I have been eating back a lot of my workout cals, but not all. And yesterday I drank a TON of water (about 80-90 oz.) And what do I get for my weekend of staying on track? I'm back up a lb. What the heck!?! I didn't overeat, I didn't eat tons of sodium, why on earth did I gain? I waited my three days of weighing in below 154 to log it, and here today I am back at 154.6 which is where I started at on the first of the month. So frustrated. I'm so tired of being stalled. I really thought working out was the trick because for the first week+ I was seeing slow steady loss. And now, right back up. Uggg..... It's really hard to stay on track and keep trying to re-motivate myself to try again when It's been 5 months with no real loss.
It could still be retained water to help repair your muscles. If you are sore, then it's pretty safe to assume your body is hanging onto water because that's what it needs to build those muscles back up after exercise.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #143
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Are you sure you are eating enough, Laurel?
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #144
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Water makes the most sense. I seem to lose best when I eat between 1300-1400 net calories. Yesterday I ate 1900 but that was only eating back what I worked off. So I"m certainly not starving!And I'm even eating good foods and not junk. Although I may have a GF sourdough blueberry muffin tonight if I get them made. The water thing kind of makes sense. I'm not super sore but I am a touch sore. Guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #145
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on the weight losses! What is spiking?

I gained back about 6 oz from earlier in the week, but that was it. I have to remember that for me, being so out of shape I'm probably going to stay the same weight for a long time while I regain muscle. I haven't really done anything workout wise in about 5 or 6 yrs. . I can't wait to see what the tape measure is going to say after a few weeks. I already feel the difference and I'm so proud that I've made it 9 days in a row working out without quitting or cheating food-wise.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #146
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I already feel the difference and I'm so proud that I've made it 9 days in a row working out without quitting or cheating food-wise.
WTG Mama!
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #147
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In a nutshell, Spiking is eating "low" calories for 6 days (eating at your bmr), and on the 7th day, eating TWICE your bmr. It's awesome. It goes off the theory that it only takes a few days at eating a calorie deficit for leptin levels to drop to 50%, they continue to drop, and that's what triggers cravings, weight-loss stalls, etc. When you "overeat" in a short amount of time, it restores these leptin levels, and when you start back the next day, it's like the first day/week of your diet all over again. There's never any deprivation, because the longest you ever have to wait is 6 days until you can eat pretty much anything you want. It seriously works...I won't begin to pretend I totally understand it, but it works. lol Go to Amazon and search for "The Spike Diet" and it'll bring up the book. It's by Russ Branjord. There's also a group on MFP that you can join (Spike84), that Russ created that he used to go into all the time, but it's been pretty inactive lately, but all the threads there are still great resources!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #148
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Water makes the most sense. I seem to lose best when I eat between 1300-1400 net calories. Yesterday I ate 1900 but that was only eating back what I worked off. So I"m certainly not starving!And I'm even eating good foods and not junk. Although I may have a GF sourdough blueberry muffin tonight if I get them made. The water thing kind of makes sense. I'm not super sore but I am a touch sore. Guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.
Recipe? Calories per muffin? Lol That sounds delicious! I need to find somewhere to buy these GF flours inexpensively...the only one I can find locally is Rice flour...where do you get yours?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #149
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawndelion View Post
WTG Mama!
TY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
In a nutshell, Spiking is eating "low" calories for 6 days (eating at your bmr), and on the 7th day, eating TWICE your bmr. It's awesome. It goes off the theory that it only takes a few days at eating a calorie deficit for leptin levels to drop to 50%, they continue to drop, and that's what triggers cravings, weight-loss stalls, etc. When you "overeat" in a short amount of time, it restores these leptin levels, and when you start back the next day, it's like the first day/week of your diet all over again. There's never any deprivation, because the longest you ever have to wait is 6 days until you can eat pretty much anything you want. It seriously works...I won't begin to pretend I totally understand it, but it works. lol Go to Amazon and search for "The Spike Diet" and it'll bring up the book. It's by Russ Branjord. There's also a group on MFP that you can join (Spike84), that Russ created that he used to go into all the time, but it's been pretty inactive lately, but all the threads there are still great resources!
wow, interesting! I'll have to look that up, thanks!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #150
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies!!!

I was gone for the three day weekend visiting California. Problem was, I was super ill (didn't realize how sick I was until I was already there). I went by myself with all 5 kids and it was a pretty awful weekend. I've had respiratory symptoms and a fever. Pretty sure it is the flu. I am feeling a bit better this morning, thank goodness. I didn't eat much all weekend due to being sick and I am down to 217lbs.

Not much else going on. Back home, trying to recuperate.

Laurel- I was also going to say it could be the water retention due to exercise. When I exercise a lot the same thing happens to me.

Virginia- Congrats on the loss! Spiking always works for me, too.

Amber- Just eat what you can stomach and don't worry too much about it. I've been eating toast every morning because I wake up with nausea and it seems to settle it. Not Paleo but I need to function!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote