Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #161
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Laurel, I agree with Liz. I think if you could get yourself on a regular schedule and regularly drink enough water, then the "bad" days wouldn't affect you so much. I also think you should not weigh yourself so often. Sounds like you are getting too caught up in the numbers. I totally understand wanting to see the scale move, but if you make your focus more about becoming healthier, and less about the weight, it would probably be easier on you. Stress doesn't help the weight loss.

AFM, I'm struggling this week to eat right and actually exercise. So annoying when you know what you need to do, but you can't seem to keep yourself on track.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #162
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Laurel, I agree with Liz. I think if you could get yourself on a regular schedule and regularly drink enough water, then the "bad" days wouldn't affect you so much. I also think you should not weigh yourself so often. Sounds like you are getting too caught up in the numbers. I totally understand wanting to see the scale move, but if you make your focus more about becoming healthier, and less about the weight, it would probably be easier on you. Stress doesn't help the weight loss.

AFM, I'm struggling this week to eat right and actually exercise. So annoying when you know what you need to do, but you can't seem to keep yourself on track.
I know. I just found that when I just weighed in once a week, that's about how good my focus was. I wouldn't eat well, I wouldn't drink enough, ect.... When I decided to go back to weighing daily, I got back on track with working out and drinking. As fro teh schedule, it is usally the same everyday. But when I travel for work, (which is only 1-2X a month) I can't really keep up the same thing. I usually leave early, work late, and eat wherever the other's I'm with stop. I have one more trip this month at the end of the month, but I'll be X country skiing for this one so I'll burn anything I take in. Last year on that trip I burned 1200 calories between the hour of hiking we did and the two hours of skiing. I know I need to quit stressing, but when I don't really stay on top of it I stall out and quit. I just erally need to fins some success at it soon. I don't know how those of you who've been at this for years keep up your motivation to work so hard to lose.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #163
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The motivation comes and goes. But, some of it, like drinking plenty of water, becomes a habit, so whether we're losing or not, we're drinking plenty of water. I'm struggling with the exercising right now because, yeah, nothing's coming off.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #164
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, I officially started the beginning of the month. Starting weight was 285. I stood on the scale today and am to 275. Off to a great start! I'm excited to see what feb 1 will bring. My husband also decided to do this with me so it is much easier.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #165
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do drink a TON more water now then I ever used to. I NEVER drank water before trying to lose weight unless I was dying of thirst and nothing was available. So I did still drink probably 4 glasses of water and two pops yesterday, which a few years ago would have just been the two sodas and no water. I even used soda to take my pills at night because I hated water. So that change is huge. But some days I really push to try and get in 8-12 glasses, and even still now, that's a push. I naturally fall somewhere between 4-8 glasses now without really pushing it. Baby steps, right....?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #166
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

It's definitely about baby steps. Takes longer, but you're more likely to stick to it. Have you tried doing a water bottle? Mine holds 27 ounces, and I started by shooting for 3 a day -- one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. I even usually have it at the dinner table.

Mama2seth&trey -- congrats on the loss!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #167
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, my normal one (that I can't find at the moment) is 21 oz. and I shoot for 4 a day- Morning before work (and I usually drink that in a big glass) two during my work day, and then another big glass with dinner. But I do often drink my third bottle with dinner and it's bigger than my 17oz glass so it adds a little more in the mix. It's just on days when I'm not home and not at work where I can refil it that throw me off.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #168
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Okay, I have found myself some motivation. If I go a month with no soda, I am going to splurge on a book. A brand new book. I am going to circle the days I need on the calendar and mark them off as I go so I have a good look at where I am and what I have left. I am also thinking that if I exercise at least 3 days a week from now until my birthday (April 1st) that I will buy myself an art print. My friend has her own gallery and she has several pieces I want. While I probably won't get the original oil on canvas of any of them, I could do a print.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #169
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my YUM. I made this tonight...I'm justifying it because I need the oatmeal for milk production. Lol I substituted original almond milk and liquid egg whites for the milk and eggs, respectively. It's not *too* bad on calories. 294 calories for 1/6th of it with my substitutions. I also cut the cocoa powder in half, because 1/2 cup seemed like a TON.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #170
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Ooh, that does look good. Much healthier, I'm sure, than my chocolate banana muffins.