Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #171
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Ooh, that does look good. Much healthier, I'm sure, than my chocolate banana muffins.
The first serving I ate definitely was...the second serving I put pancake syrup on probably wasn't. LOL It was amazing both ways! I'm SO having this for breakfast tomorrow! I husband put caramel and chocolate sauce on his. Haha!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #172
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

And, actually, the chocolate banana muffins aren't really that bad, unless you are trying to avoid wheat. I have found if I add more bananas, I can cut back some on the sugar.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #173
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I went to see my endocrinologist and found out I have Graves disease. It is the opposite of Hashimoto's (which I always assumed I had since my mom has it, but then again I've never been hypo and always been hyper). I am somewhat in shock since I never expected that to be the case! It also makes my pregnancy high-risk because it can cause all sorts of issues for the baby and myself. My Graves antibodies can also pass through the placenta and the baby could be born with Graves. I've been freaking out since finding all of this out. I am going to see an OB next week and I'll find out more. Just trying to adjust to it all.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #174
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

shush all you with the chocolate goodies! Heather that sounds kinda scary. FX for good news from the OB.

AFM, I'm down 1/2 lb, ugh what is UP with that! I'm starting to wonder when the muscle gain and weight loss will equalize and I'll see the results on the scale. I've lost 1/2 in in my chest and 1" from my waist and hip already!!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #175
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am fairly certain I have kidney stones...severe pain, blood in my urine, nausea, exhaustion, etc. I think it was pure coincidence I got a positive okp last week. I'm thinking either I had a small stone that passed last week, or it shifted. Can't afford to go to hospital to get a cat scan, so I'm just guessing...but dunno what else it could be other than some other issue with my kidney... So now I'm drinking even more water and hoping I pass it...if the pain doesn't go away by next Friday, maybe I'll try the ER. It freaking sucks that I'm too poor to have a right to health care without it putting my family into a debt we can't possibly repay.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #176
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm wanting to loss 33 lbs....do I fit in to this group? If not, I'll gracefully bow out

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #177
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
I'm wanting to loss 33 lbs....do I fit in to this group? If not, I'll gracefully bow out
I say welcome! The more the merrier!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #178
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I am fairly certain I have kidney stones...severe pain, blood in my urine, nausea, exhaustion, etc. I think it was pure coincidence I got a positive okp last week. I'm thinking either I had a small stone that passed last week, or it shifted. Can't afford to go to hospital to get a cat scan, so I'm just guessing...but dunno what else it could be other than some other issue with my kidney... So now I'm drinking even more water and hoping I pass it...if the pain doesn't go away by next Friday, maybe I'll try the ER. It freaking sucks that I'm too poor to have a right to health care without it putting my family into a debt we can't possibly repay.
Oooh, how nasty! Is there something natural you can take (aside from lots of water) to help break them up? I've not dealt with kidney stones, so don't know.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #179
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haven't checked in for a little bit.

187.5 today! Woo hoo! 7.5lbs to hit my next mini goal of 180 by 3/7. I think I should be able to beat it. Weekends are hard so let's see if this keeps up

Hope everyone is staying warm!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #180
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
Tons of cranberry-pills and juice- doesn't help the stones but helps support the kidneys. Also, stones don't always mean a cat scan. I'm usually just seen by my regular Dr. and he does an in office ultrasound- much cheaper than the hospital or ER. Do you have a local clinic or instant care at the hospital that does income based billing? If nothing else they have a really good pain killer that is actually pretty darn cheap that can help you get through the pain. If you are prone to them there are also diet changes that can help. I don't remember what its' called right now, but there are some foods that cause them (in people who are prone).

AFM, TWO HOUR LATE START!!! Yay! We have icy roads, so I have an extra 2 hours to chill before going in to work today. So glad, as AF showed up in the night and kept me up with major cramps. That might explain why I gained in the second half of this week. I did manage to do a 1 mile walk on my dvd, but that was all I could handle before the pain got to me. Now if I can just eat right today and not binge since I'm home. I want chocolate SOOOO badly! That baked chocolate oatmeal sounds like heaven, but I am resisting. I think I'll make this for breakfast instead, I made it while my mom and dad were here over thanksgiving and it was really good. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/11/b...d-bananas.html
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote