Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #191
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Wow! I would be completely frustrated with my DH too! I don't have that problem though. My dh weights 135 lbs soaking wet with his boots and tool belt on. And yes you read that right 135 not 235, one thirty five. He's 5'9" and he's a TWIG. And he can eat and eat and eat. But he does have celiacs, and MS so he can't exactly eat anything he wants. He eats whatever I cook. But even before when he could eat whatever, he'd polish off a dozen donuts or a whole pizza and gain nothing! It's frustrating.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #192
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Forgot to update on me earlier. AF seems to be on her way out now. And I decided to weigh this morning just out of curiosity to see what it was doing (I can fluctuate up by as much as 5 lbs during AF). It's back down to 153.6 which was my low last week too. Hate how AF plays such awful tricks on us. Really hoping that now I'm back to where I should be I can kick it in gear and get another lb off, or even just a half pound. I'd love to be down to 153 by next week. I really want to break into the 140's by my surgery in march.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #193
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Wow! I would be completely frustrated with my DH too! I don't have that problem though. My dh weights 135 lbs soaking wet with his boots and tool belt on. And yes you read that right 135 not 235, one thirty five. He's 5'9" and he's a TWIG. And he can eat and eat and eat. But he does have celiacs, and MS so he can't exactly eat anything he wants. He eats whatever I cook. But even before when he could eat whatever, he'd polish off a dozen donuts or a whole pizza and gain nothing! It's frustrating.
My husband is 6'3" and weighs 175 or so. And he's the "fat" one of his family. When we got married he weighed 145 (maybe). I have never weighed less than him, and I'm a foot shorter.

AFM, I am keeping track of not drinking soda and doing okay. My head hurts today and last night I had a terrible case of gas. It only seems to happen when I go several days without soda. And I get heartburn. Strange, but I suppose once I actually wean myself off the soda completely, the problems will disappear.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #194
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That happened to me when I decided to cut out soda. I referred to it as my drug withdrawal period.
I almost forgot, I also got a 65 min. workout in this morning, a 4 mile walk away the lbs dvd. I am beat now! Need to get up and go find a snack to though cause I"m starving. It was a 500 calorie burn and I was feeling it.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #195
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
My husband is 6'3" and weighs 175 or so. And he's the "fat" one of his family. When we got married he weighed 145 (maybe). I have never weighed less than him, and I'm a foot shorter.

AFM, I am keeping track of not drinking soda and doing okay. My head hurts today and last night I had a terrible case of gas. It only seems to happen when I go several days without soda. And I get heartburn. Strange, but I suppose once I actually wean myself off the soda completely, the problems will disappear.
That must be frustrating, good or bad, dh can match me pound for pound. LOL I swear he tried during my last pregnancy!

He's been cranky and pouty again today. Acting like I'm starving him when I'm giving him reasonable portions and it's not like we don't have some treats here, after dinner we both have a tiny bit of dark chocolate. I think he had hoped I'd cave in and quit like I always do by now. NOPE! Sorreee! In it for the long haul. I was just a few ounces down today.

Personal question ladies... all the dairy I've been eating and not much bread or grain is giving me some er... tummy issues. What's your fix for that? Most of what we're eating right now is lean baked or broiled meats and veggies, and dairy.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #196
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

A big portion of my dairy is kefir, so good probiotics. I also try to drink half my weight in ounces of water.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #197
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I'll look for a probiotic, thank you. I have been really bad about water the last day or two. It's been cold and rainy and I've cozied up to a couple cups of coffee a day.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #198
thiemori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please let me join you ladies!!

Your name Ruthie
Starting Weight 200
Current Weight 199
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) 194
Long-Term Goal appx 20 pounds lighter by June 1st
Weight Lost to Date 1 pound
Weight Loss Plan (exercise more, eat 6 small meals per day, instead of free range all day)
thiemori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #199
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Day 6 of no soda and I am ready for the headache to go away. I got up this morning and did 30 minutes of yoga and after breakfast and a couple chores did about 17 minutes on the elliptical. We also went to the zoo, so decent amount of walking. It is good I did so much because we stopped for ice cream on the way home. Mine was actually frozen yogurt, but it had M&Ms in it. Delicious!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #200
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tomorrow is weigh in day. A little nervous because I haven't been doing great. I really need to focus but am still pretty hungry. My nursing is 11 months and I am only doing WW points for supplemental BFing but even though she eats solids I think I probably need more points.