Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #201
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Welcome Ruthie! You're about the same as me, I started at 201, currently at 194.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Day 6 of no soda and I am ready for the headache to go away. I got up this morning and did 30 minutes of yoga and after breakfast and a couple chores did about 17 minutes on the elliptical. We also went to the zoo, so decent amount of walking. It is good I did so much because we stopped for ice cream on the way home. Mine was actually frozen yogurt, but it had M&Ms in it. Delicious!
I couldn't give up coffee.. well I could but there would be death and destruction in my wake. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Tomorrow is weigh in day. A little nervous because I haven't been doing great. I really need to focus but am still pretty hungry. My nursing is 11 months and I am only doing WW points for supplemental BFing but even though she eats solids I think I probably need more points.
I find I lose weight on the days that I'm sure I didn't do anything. Good luck!

Afm, nothing's changed. Still at 194 for the past 3 days. I'm still having some tummy issues tho, got desperate enough to eat a few prunes today. gonna get some fiber powder to add to my shakes tonight. Stupid power went out during my workout, one of the most high intensity of all of them. Figures. I jumped on the stationary bike for about 20 min waiting and hoping it'd come back on but nada. So now I've showered and still have about 20min plyometrics to do. BLAH!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #202
thiemori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What I did today was turn on the radio and danced with all the kids while the baby jumped up and down in the exersaucer. I did this for 20 minutes and was sweating a bit. Its not much, but it was the most I could do today.
Water will be my goal for tomorrow because I didnt do much today.
thiemori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #203
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Dancing is a great workout! If I want some cardio but just can't get my mind in gear for doing something boring I turn on the Wii and play the just dance disk for a while. Helps my coordination too, I can pick up a new routine faster on my workout dvds.

Something funny, have you ever tripped and fallen over a baby gate? I hate those things! Tonight I was taking the gate down I tripped over the bottom edge and instead of falling on my knees like I would have a few weeks ago, I somehow managed to do this hurdle type leap over the falling gate and land on my heels. It was crazy and awesome and I was pretty stunned for a second b/c I didn't really THINK about it when I was doing it. LOL Guess the workouts are doing more than I thought!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #204
thiemori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Liz- too funny! Yes, I've tripped over a baby gate many times, but it didn't look like anything remotely to what you described. In the shape I'm in these days, I can easily trip and hurt myself. I need more exercise.

On another subject...I should be sleeping, but I'm so wired tonight. As we moms know, its so hard to get a minute to yourself during the day and I'm up on the computer while everyone is sleeping. Feels good and sounds so quiet. I love it, even though I'm in need of sleep.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #205
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yep, with how heavy I've become I usually fall knees first and HARD. That's why I was so stunned to find myself upright on the other side. LOL! I hear ya on the peace and quiet. I'm a total night owl though, I know I need to be sleeping but this is when I like to relax!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #206
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got down to 171.6 today!! That makes a little over 50lbs lost so far! I'm so happy!! Here's a picture!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #207
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I've TOTALLY tripped over the baby gate, many many times. I hate them.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #208
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

You look AWESOME!!! WTG mama!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #209
thiemori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh My Gosh Virginia! You look great!!! Thats really inspiring for me to do something with myself. Congrats!!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #210
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I'm proud of myself - I used to always think I couldn't lose weight but that's because I never tracked my calories or paid attention to portion control before! A few friends PMed me on FB asking how I lost the weight, and they seemed disappointed when I said eating healthy, tracking my calories, and exercise. Lol...one of them was actually like, "Oh...nvm" Nevermind what? Next person who asks, I'm going to tell them I snort Sensa and eat Cat food. Everyone just wants a magic weightloss pill...I would LOVE such a pill, but nope...unfortunately, it takes hard work. le sigh.